Yemen - Civil War | Page 92 | World Defense

Yemen - Civil War

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
677 14 0
Country
France
Didn't you stop the production line of the Leclerc ?

We did. But we could re-start the production line if any big order is made by a foreign country or for other reasons.
etc. Although there could be some problems with some suppliers but who knows...

I've seen such news, but no confirmation yet. Leclerc MBT has proven its capabilities during Yemen conflict to be a good choice for multi purposes. It will be a great addition to Saudi Army, but does it has an Active Protection System ?

It doesn't actually. In French perspective it is actually useless since in our recent operations we didn't face any threats from anti tank missiles. (If we were the Israelis,we would have developed one i think.) But nothing blocks you from buying some from the US or any other company that produces APS. (I thought about the Israelis,but impossible for political reasons...)
In fact,we faced many attacks with mines,that's why all our futur vehicles & modernized leclercs will have a better protection against mines.
-
Maybe KSA would be interested in the future tank we are developing with the Germans.... but near the 2030s. :D

Last edited:

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
CXGLJmgWsAE_wqh.jpg

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,628 13 0
Country
Germany
Didn't you refuse to sell them Leo2s ? “¡¡“
They were ready to literally buy 800 Leo2s of the last version.
we refused everything actually and it was only 250-300 Leopard 2A7s. The rest of the Leopard 2s i don't remember what variants.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
actually Saudi Arabia is interested Leopard 2, Dingos and GTK Boxers from Germany :)

Not only interested in Leopard 2, we were in love with it.(:-)

Germany has a great defense equipment and we were going to hold a deal for not less than 800 Leopard 2 !

Some numbers were to be provided by Germany and some by Spain. As well as some numbers of Dingos and GTK Boxers ... But unfortunately the deal didn't go successfully..

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
That brings the number of missiles intercepted by RSADF to 6. Nice work fellas keep it up.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Missile platform has been levelled to the ground by an airstrike.