25 RARELY SEEN ARTWORKS PAINTED BY ADOLF HITLER | World Defense

25 RARELY SEEN ARTWORKS PAINTED BY ADOLF HITLER

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Before putting his hand to the executive order that lead to millions of innocent individuals being killed, nearly destroying the Western world as we know it, Adolf Hitler was an upcoming (re: unsuccessful) artist. He actually applied to the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, only to be turned down not once but twice due to his "unfitness for painting" - it's not hard to see why.

It's hard to believe that before he instigated the rise of Nazi Germany and appointed himself Supreme Ruler Of The Reich, he was actually painting flowers, buildings and monuments.

-
ZU3xuEH.jpg

-
EdDKySB.jpg

-
KfpzJnP.jpg

-
49mWh98.jpg

-
E8QCy51.jpg

-
Ry2V6t3.jpg

-
jGCLfEp.jpg

-
fS0516o.jpg

-
bqweZQg.jpg

-
ZBiCOio.jpg

-
pGKTMqJ.jpg

-
Yhe8j9A.jpg

-
NVlPnet.jpg

-
jUpDgWZ.jpg

-
w4fiuOz.jpg

-
B84mUL2.jpg

-
lC06opl.jpg

-
urrvVda.jpg

-
4skJ3tk.jpg

-
1bge6U7.jpg

-

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Well I have to admit, I was prepared to be underwhelmed, and I was by some of these pictures, but some of them blew me away! They don't even seem to have been painted by the same artist. I hate to acknowledge that anything good could come from that man, but I really love a few of them.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Gee, thank you very much for posting those photos. I have no idea that Adolf Hitler is a visual artist. And not just an ordinary painter but a good one judging from those photos of his works. And I agree that it is more surprising to know that he had been painting flowers and that framed mother and child. He would have been a great artist if he had concentrated on his art.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The pictures were aesthetically OK but I can see why he never achieved great things as nothing really stands out. They were good, just not distinctive.

I admit that the floral still ife paintings unnerved me too. To think that such an evil man would sit and paint the most beautiful objects is difficult to comprehend.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I had heard that he had applied and been turned down, I believe in one of the Nazi shows on the History Channel, but I don't recall seeing his work before. I would like to see them in chronological order, because there seems to be a wide disparity in subject matter and state of mind in several of them.

Pantera

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful post!

Putting aside all feelings of contempt, disdain, hatred or other aversions to Adolf Hitler, I actually think he had potential; some of his work is quite good.
The pictures with the tanks look like a youngster's drawings, and a few others leave a lot to be desired, but there are a few more technical ones with good compositions. Many different techniques, too.

I suppose it's easy to wish he'd have gone on to become a great painter instead of what he did, and I realize this is probably a very unpopular view, but for what's its worth, the paramount, unthinkable tragedy, suffering and pain by everyone involved is a sacrifice, the legacy that the whole generation left us is for nothing like this to happen again. A cynic might think we are doomed to repeat history at some point, and I do not wish to speculate in that stream of thought, but for today I am thankful we live in a world with measures taken to prevent something like that from happening again, and where most people have gained a special sensibility and compassion from studying the war and its horrors.
From the worst, take the best, as we say in Spanish...

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
H
Well I have to admit, I was prepared to be underwhelmed, and I was by some of these pictures, but some of them blew me away! They don't even seem to have been painted by the same artist. I hate to acknowledge that anything good could come from that man, but I really love a few of them.

He was really quite talented as an artist. I wonder if these pictures were done before he lost his marbles. I think his love for art was part of the reason he was so fond of Albert Speer also an artist and architect. I have seen a few of Hitler's pictures before but this was the biggest collection I have seen.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
H

He was really quite talented as an artist. I wonder if these pictures were done before he lost his marbles. I think his love for art was part of the reason he was so fond of Albert Speer also an artist and architect. I have seen a few of Hitler's pictures before but this was the biggest collection I have seen.
I hadn't thought about them having been painted in a more rational state. That's a possibility, and a good point. That would explain the beauty and clarity of them. Also, you're probably right about his fondness for Speer.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
He was obviously talented and even though the paintings are not distinctive by any part it is not possible to paint something like this with no talent at all. I am not sure that he would or would not be a great artist but there are more things to do with that talent than solely paint. He could have been a designer, or a comic book illustrator, caricaturist or a teacher of art.
I have no idea how he decided and why, to become what he had. I guess I see the reason but how he managed to change ... I am a Taurus myself and I like beautiful things but I could never fight a was. Maybe it was the Aries in him because he was born on the margin of these two signs. We all know what are the Aries like :)

rz3300

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Well I have to say that I never knew that he was quite the artist. I feel like I have heard so many did you know facts about Hitler over the years that all sort of morphed together and I have trouble separating fact from fiction, but here is the proof for this one. It is just one of those little oddities of history, that one of the most evil men painted some very beautiful paintings.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I was expecting them to be great and they were! Here's the thing about Hitler, he was walking human evil. He did terrible things to humanity without as much as a second thought, but not many of us can deny that he was a gifted human channeling those gifts in a doomed direction. He was intelligent, talented and charismatic. He was a sociopath. He put a black mark on the 20th century that generations will remember-and he was a talented artist. People are never black and white.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
I see the myth flying around how him not being accepted into art school automatically kicked off the Nazi regime, but in truth, the art schools he applied for were incredibly prestigious and he just didn't have what it took to get accepted. He had no fallback in his university selection either, and I suppose this lack of foresight sort of transitioned into his failures in wartime.

As an artist myself, I can see why he wasn't accepted. His work is average and lacks of any color or distinctiveness. It's really obvious that his portfolio was inconsistent and the paintings all showed his skills in different periods. I probably have seen only about 2 pieces that really stuck out as exceptional, but the rest just seem to be passable neoclassical pieces that offer nothing interesting to the table.

Innovation is really what makes art stand out. And that's what Hitler never managed to achieve in his art career, objectively speaking.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
wow who knew and some of them are good! I find the mother and child one very interesting because it shows love there. You still cannot feel anything but hatred for that man after what he did and it explains why he stole so much art and hid it away.