A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard | Page 12 | World Defense

A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Zeeman Why did the most experinced pilot in PIA's A320 fleet land in the middle of the runway? Was the aircraft 100% ok? Were there any other technical issues?

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir i mean these marks can be created artificially of PIA wifh help of CAA easily with in hour or so
I believe there was an international team in pakistan at the time this came out so I'm sure they would know about it before the media did. Let's hold our horses before pointing fingers.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
It’s in our nature to blame and point fingers before even having the full picture of what happened .....
On another PTI group I had a cringe worthy experience of watching accountants and real estate agents discuss aviation, aeronautical engineering and landing check list ..... i was really so shocked that I stopped posting and simply disappeared until today..... I am still scarred from that discussion

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
It’s in our nature to blame and point fingers before even having the full picture of what happened .....
On another PTI group I had a cringe worthy experience of watching accountants and real estate agents discuss aviation, aeronautical engineering and landing check list ..... i was really so shocked that I stopped posting and simply disappeared until today..... I am still scarred from that discussion
I would be scared to lay the blame on someone thats dead and turns out he was innocent.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
My friend feels he was coming too fast and too high ....
I understand that, and that is why The Cpt, lost nearly half the runway. BUT what were the motives behind this?

Lets see what we know:
Too Fast, too high, lands hard in the middle of the runway, has to do a go around.

Why? Was his sugar level low? IF so, what was the 1st officer doing? Was the altimeter, or airspeed indicator malfunctioning? ON the last attempt, did he have enough fuel?

Lots of questions, for which we need the voice and data recorders.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@safriz Has been doing some investigation on his own as well. Lets see what he says.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
@safriz Has been doing some investigation on his own as well. Lets see what he says.
Thanks for the tag.
I guess I am late to the party and most of the things have been discussed. Except one.

To go round, the TOGA has to be engaged.
This is a special position or a button on the throttle stick.
If pilot aborts landing after touchdown, engaging TOGA instantly revs up the engine to maximum thrust and adjust flight surfaces to takeoff position.
If TOGA is not engaged, the engines will take time to spool and flight control surfaces will have to be corrected manually for takeoff. That can cause the plane to bounce on the runway.
So I put my money on pilots forgetting to engage TOGA Mode on the throttle, which cause the plane to bounce three times, scraping the engines 3 times and damaging them so badly that they died within minutes of takeoff.

Airbus-A320.jpg

This is an actual picture of A320 throttle. TOGA is the farthest forward position.
The stick moves freely only to the first notch which is about 60% thrust. Then it has to be pushed to second notch and then to the last which is TOGA.
It is very much possible that the pilot only pushed the stick to first or second notch.
This also happens to be a very common error in this type of situation.

Last edited:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
More and more evidence is pointing towards the pilot error . I just received an audio clip of a PIA pilot . He is pointing out step by step what they did wrong. Very sad indeed if it’s true .

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
@Zeeman. Sir my humble request plz pause blaming poor departed soul for time until someting authentic came from credible source , not from corrupt mafia of PIA and there paltoo kuttay.

Please pray for magfarat of all departed souls there families

This man also lost his own life and family full of tears

FB_IMG_1590388538592.jpg

funeral-prayer-to-captain-sajjad-gull-lahore-punjab-pakistan-shutterstock-editorial-10656678h.jpg

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I understand that, and that is why The Cpt, lost nearly half the runway. BUT what were the motives behind this?

Lets see what we know:
Too Fast, too high, lands hard in the middle of the runway, has to do a go around.

Why? Was his sugar level low? IF so, what was the 1st officer doing? Was the altimeter, or airspeed indicator malfunctioning? ON the last attempt, did he have enough fuel?

Lots of questions, for which we need the voice and data recorders.
Could maybe there have been a hostage issue which caused this mess? Just saying