Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 142 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
JF17 leaves a gap, that gap cannot be left empty until J31/J35/J20 arrive. Baniya is under a lot of pressure, he wants to act now, NOT in 2025

I understand that, but our pockets are not deep either. Lets not forget this harsh reality. Buniya got his arse kicked last year and if he dares again, same will happened to them. For deep strikes, we have decent missile power to hit them. Navy is getting updated with new corvettes/type 54s/submarines so we shall seem them. Again, lets not ignore F16 Vs ....they are deadly especially with AIM 120 Cs and AIM Ds. Lets buy them in full. 200 AIM 120 Ds for our F16s will be more than enough to keep Indians at bay.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I understand that, but our pockets are not deep either. Lets not forget this harsh reality. Buniya got his arse kicked last year and if he dares again, same will happened to them. For deep strikes, we have decent missile power to hit them. Navy is getting updated with new corvettes/type 54s/submarines so we shall seem them. Again, lets not ignore F16 Vs ....they are deadly especially with AIM 120 Cs and AIM Ds. Lets buy them in full. 200 AIM 120 Ds for our F16s will be more than enough to keep Indians at bay.
Where has PAF's acquisition budget been going that the money ran out? Besides the JF17, what other major platform has been inducted since Musharraf left?

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Where has PAF's acquisition budget been going that the money ran out? Besides the JF17, what other major platform has been inducted since Musharraf left?

perhaps on fleet updation. In Jf17s development, AWACs purchase etc. Directing funds to Army and now navy etc....if not why we havnt bought more Blck 52s than

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
perhaps on fleet updation. In Jf17s development, AWACs purchase etc. Directing funds to Army and now navy etc....if not why we havnt bought more Blck 52s than
Because Blk52 was a short sighted decision, it was obsolete, when it landed.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
They all are saying no J 11 or J 15 or J 16 is being sold to Pakistan. They are literally laughing at the claim being made here of J 15 being sold to Pakistan
Perhaps it is on purpose? To muddy the waters and spread disinformation for our enemies.

Last edited:

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
The thread is about J15?
In my opinion jet we would go for will be J 16. Pakistan in my opinion should retire Mirages and get 10 to 12 squadrons of J15/J16 for both Naval and deep strike role. J 15/J16 should not come only for Naval support role but as true replacement of Mirages. And we have Mirages in massive numbers.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
In my opinion jet we would go for will be J 16. Pakistan in my opinion should retire Mirages and get 10 to 12 squadrons of J15/J16 for both Naval and deep strike role. J 15/J16 should not come only for Naval support role but as true replacement of Mirages. And we have Mirages in massive numbers.
What is the difference between J15 and J16?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
we can always update them to V standards apart from AESA radar, it was the best F16 plane that time infact in our inventory, its the most updated F16 to date.
No.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I wont stop you, pls go ahead and start a thread on J16, and present your opinion and details there. (:-)

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
I wont stop you, pls go ahead and start a thread on J16, and present your opinion and details there. (:-)
Mirages should go and Mirages is our deep strike jet and we inducted more than 300 MIRAGES but every Mirage can't replace Mirages by equal numbers but even 3 squadrons is way less. And as for J 15 and J 16 debate. Pakistan for sure as hell is not buying a Jet designed for Air Craft carrier. Our jet may very well be called J 15 but you know better than me that in reality it won't be J 15.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Mirages should go and Mirages is our deep strike jet and we inducted more than 300 MIRAGES but every Mirage can't replace Mirages by equal numbers but even 3 squadrons is way less. And as for J 15 and J 16 debate. Pakistan for sure as hell is not buying a Jet designed for Air Craft carrier. Our jet may very well be called J 15 but you know better than me that in reality it won't be J 15.
Meaning it will not be an upgrade of the PLAN J15? Is this what you meant, Am I right?

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA

10/12 squadrons of J-15 type ? this will break the bank long before you will get to 5 odd squadrons. Not all M-III/V needs to be replaced with J-15 type, more then half could be with JF-17s. Part of reason for having that many M-III/V is availability of them at any given time.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
its does not matter whether he is 20 or 120, humbleness is a virtue a few have. I cannot stand ignorant/arrogant people.
Humbleness and the ability to connect with one's level of thought is very scarce, sadly now days its all about I know better.

I have had many experiences with people almost seen all shades of people only thing that separate good folk from poor folk is humbleness, truthfulness and practicing restraint at the right moment.

I hope I can be more patient.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Retire Mirages and bring 10 Squadrons of these. Plus at least try to get 3 squadrons of F 16 BLOCK 72.
Only possible with new and used F16s @hodor mentioned Indus vipers I hope PAF would get them in decent number along J15 we can replace most of mirages.No mater how much we upgrade them it's an old Airframe need to be retired JF-17 F16 along J15 is good combo for long Run.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan

@Khafee I-am not skeptical of you or you're source, I am skeptical about twins in PAF. You know that I am in disbelief and it is hard for me to digest J-15 in PAF event though I want us to have twins.

I was doing a short exercise about 3 months ago where I was plotting everything that I know about PAF's fleet and going through the history about acquisition reasons and other related.

I had drawn conclusion on 2 air craft + 1 honorable mention (which I think is nearly impossible for this air aircraft to be added in to the PAF's Doctrine).

F-15 adv (obvious reasons) and Mig-35 (Obvious reasons) now I don't need to tell you why I would go for these two as a strong contender if the PAF was looking openly for a twin.

almost every time I connected the dots to the F-15adv, connecting dots as in PAF will opt for the F-15 in an Ideal world and Mig-35 was a close second.

now I could have gone for any other twin as my honorable mention (F-18, Rafael, J-11, su-35, su34, EFT) but logically and drawing countless conclusions I set my mind on the J-15.

I do not know about the EW suite on the J-15 I don't know if it has one, I don't know about the mission computer, I don't know any thing about its RCS, I don't know if it performs Like the Su-27series, I don't Know if the Engines will be Chinese and who will service them.

I will find out hopefully but I need to know one thing Why did you say PN will be the main reasons for the jets (aiding in maritime operation).

JF-17 is a very capable Maritime fighter I blive it is better than the Mirage in that role.

If any thing J-15 should be a dedicated air superiority fighter. I am not sure if we are getting them or even J-10 I feel like PAF will repeat its history and will go for a squadron of F-16's.