Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 143 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Only possible with new and used F16s @hodor mentioned Indus vipers I hope PAF would get them in decent number along J15 we can replace most of mirages.No mater how much we upgrade them it's an old Airframe need to be retired JF-17 F16 along J15 is good combo for long Run.
Indus viper was a military exercise carried out when I was a kid.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
10/12 squadrons of J-15 type ? this will break the bank long before you will get to 5 odd squadrons. Not all M-III/V needs to be replaced with J-15 type, more then half could be with JF-17s. Part of reason for having that many M-III/V is availability of them at any given time.
If order of 8 Submarines and 4 Type 54 A and 4 MILGEM Corvettes and 2 Danem Corvette and VT 4 Tanks and attack helicopters and Artillery haven't broken your bank neither this will.

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee I-am not skeptical of you or you're source, I am skeptical about twins in PAF. You know that I am in disbelief and it is hard for me to digest J-15 in PAF event though I want us to have twins.

I was doing a short exercise about 3 months ago where I was plotting everything that I know about PAF's fleet and going through the history about acquisition reasons and other related.

I had drawn conclusion on 2 air craft + 1 honorable mention (which I think is nearly impossible for this air aircraft to be added in to the PAF's Doctrine).

F-15 adv (obvious reasons) and Mig-35 (Obvious reasons) now I don't need to tell you why I would go for these two as a strong contender if the PAF was looking openly for a twin.

almost every time I connected the dots to the F-15adv, connecting dots as in PAF will opt for the F-15 in an Ideal world and Mig-35 was a close second.

now I could have gone for any other twin as my honorable mention (F-18, Rafael, J-11, su-35, su34, EFT) but logically and drawing countless conclusions I set my mind on the J-15.

I do not know about the EW suite on the J-15 I don't know if it has one, I don't know about the mission computer, I don't know any thing about its RCS, I don't know if it performs Like the Su-27series, I don't Know if the Engines will be Chinese and who will service them.

I will find out hopefully but I need to know one thing Why did you say PN will be the main reasons for the jets (aiding in maritime operation).

JF-17 is a very capable Maritime fighter I blive it is better than the Mirage in that role.

If any thing J-15 should be a dedicated air superiority fighter. I am not sure if we are getting them or even J-10 I feel like PAF will repeat its history and will go for a squadron of F-16's.
The EW is on par or maybe better then f-18s

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
If order of 8 Submarines and 4 Type 54 A and 4 MILGEM Corvettes and 2 Danem Corvette and VT 4 Tanks and attack helicopters and Artillery haven't broken your bank neither this will.
PAF can choose a non Chinese vendor to replace Mirages since we getting alot from China already and to replace 10 Sqdn should ask for home assembly like F21 to india and also give flat rate money let's say 5-8 billion I assure you US will jump in first or ask LM since they making Blk70 standard give PAF a good deal with line of credit along CSF and line of credit let's say another 3-5 billion we can fetch a very decent numbers close to 100 blk 70 along EDA whole mirage fleet can be replaced and convert MRF to MRO for F16s

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

There is great news about the project AZM---.

Hi,

The term---Project AZM was like the " tail light of a truck "---. It got the attention of the adversaries diverted elsewhere and Pak and china solidified the J31 program and have taken it further---.

The best of the best fell and some idiots fell for that " AZM" term---. Over in the planning and engineering depts they were falling off their chairs laughing---seeing people were so gullible and so illiterate---about the subject matter.

A few were sad at the sorry state of education and learning abilities of the young pakistanis---who basically were clueless to the difficulties involved in a massive---requiring leading edge engineering project like tat---.

But---congratulations people---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee I-am not skeptical of you or you're source, I am skeptical about twins in PAF. You know that I am in disbelief and it is hard for me to digest J-15 in PAF event though I want us to have twins.

I was doing a short exercise about 3 months ago where I was plotting everything that I know about PAF's fleet and going through the history about acquisition reasons and other related.

I had drawn conclusion on 2 air craft + 1 honorable mention (which I think is nearly impossible for this air aircraft to be added in to the PAF's Doctrine).

F-15 adv (obvious reasons) and Mig-35 (Obvious reasons) now I don't need to tell you why I would go for these two as a strong contender if the PAF was looking openly for a twin.

almost every time I connected the dots to the F-15adv, connecting dots as in PAF will opt for the F-15 in an Ideal world and Mig-35 was a close second.

now I could have gone for any other twin as my honorable mention (F-18, Rafael, J-11, su-35, su34, EFT) but logically and drawing countless conclusions I set my mind on the J-15.

I do not know about the EW suite on the J-15 I don't know if it has one, I don't know about the mission computer, I don't know any thing about its RCS, I don't know if it performs Like the Su-27series, I don't Know if the Engines will be Chinese and who will service them.

I will find out hopefully but I need to know one thing Why did you say PN will be the main reasons for the jets (aiding in maritime operation).

JF-17 is a very capable Maritime fighter I blive it is better than the Mirage in that role.

If any thing J-15 should be a dedicated air superiority fighter. I am not sure if we are getting them or even J-10 I feel like PAF will repeat its history and will go for a squadron of F-16's.

Hi,

No sir---it is not---. Mirage---even that 50 years old is still extremely superior in that regard---.

The JF17's advantage is ability to launch the CM400AKG's---.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

There is great news about the project AZM---.

Hi,

The term---Project AZM was like the " tail light of a truck "---. It got the attention of the adversaries diverted elsewhere and Pak and china solidified the J31 program and have taken it further---.

The best of the best fell and some idiots fell for that " AZM" term---. Over in the planning and engineering depts they were falling off their chairs laughing---seeing people were so gullible and so illiterate---about the subject matter.

A few were sad at the sorry state of education and learning abilities of the young pakistanis---who basically were clueless to the difficulties involved in a massive---requiring leading edge engineering project like tat---.

But---congratulations people---.
In my opinion Project Azm will be our own. But that doesn't mean that will be only 5th Generation jet we would want to have. So J 31 and even Turkish Jet in future are a high possibility.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

The 50 years old mirage 3/5 are a massive bang for the buck being a strike aircraft. No other aircraft can come close to their utility for pound to pound value and results---.

So---with the infrastructure we have for these aircraft---let us fly them till the last one falls off the skies---.

the best navalstrike combination would be of the J15's and the JH7A's---2 sqdrn's each---.