Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 309 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes, they all need different maintenance training for crews and parts are different on most parts of plane iirc even with engine and avionics being similiar.
Secondly numbers metters, if you are unable to acquire decent numbers to make atleast 2 sqr each platform , then reduce the the plateform..

Reactions
112 10 0
Country
Jordan
Secondly numbers metters, if you are unable to acquire decent numbers to make atleast 2 sqr each platform , then reduce the the plateform..
Why does PAF need to have J-15 for deepstrike? Can't it use cruise missiles instead of risking valuable assets?

Last edited:

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Main focus of J15s for PN (Pakistan navy) support role , to protect assets in sea or seashores by adopting offensive yet defensive doctorine

They will in limited numbers
Why does PAF need to have J-15 for deepstrike? Can't it use cruise missiles instead of risking valuable assets?

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
India has also an aircraft carrier , JF-17s alone cant handle Mig-29s/Flankers and in future Rafael or probably F-18s since i doubt that Naval version of Tejas will be a success

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir, @Khafee
You said these are funded by KSA and they have stopped the funds now?
So the next batch shouldn't arrive then or the coming ones have already been paid?

Reactions
112 10 0
Country
Jordan
India has also an aircraft carrier , JF-17s alone cant handle Mig-29s/Flankers and in future Rafael or probably F-18s since i doubt that Naval version of Tejas will be a success
That isnt deep strike that is a2a combat, yes that is a good role for J-15 but I dont see deep strike neccessary in 2020.

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
That isnt deep strike that is a2a combat, yes that is a good role for J-15 but I dont see deep strike neccessary in 2020.
J-15 is multirole aircraft with excellent deep strike capabilities , it necessarily doesn't mean it will be used for deep strikes only , It also has a growler version which is what i am excited about

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir, @Khafee
You said these are funded by KSA and they have stopped the funds now?
So the next batch shouldn't arrive then or the coming ones have already been paid?
Already paid for, but until they land, cant say

Old boy

Reactions
179 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir,
What good we did to them that they are funding us so many jets?
( please note it's a Q, not a comment).
KSA gave us money to keep our dollers acount at minimum sufficent level and demanded to return it back like a child when pakistan tried to correct its policy according to changing environment which was against the wish and expectations of ksa and this is the reason which is not convincing me that ksa has actually paid for the procurement of new stuff for Paf.Wallah o aalim