Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 49 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Philippines No Longer Interested in American Attack Helicopters - Which Other Suppliers Could Replace Them

The armed forces of the Philippines will reportedly no longer consider acquiring American attack helicopters, and due to the considerable cost of the models being marketed to the Southeast Asian state Manilla will look elsewhere for alternative models. This follows moves by Washington to approve the sale of AH-64E Apache and AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters to the country - the former a high end heavyweight design and the latter a lighter but much less capable one. Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana stated regarding the need to look way from the United States to meet requirements for attack helicopters: “I think that’s $1.5 billion to $2 billion for six attack helicopters. We cannot afford that. We only have an allocation of P13 billion ($256 million), so if we will buy with that amount, we can only buy one or two units. That’s why we are looking at other countries where we can buy a few more with the same amount,”

article_5ebe4c3b64e857_69456934.jpeg

AH-64E Apache Attack Helicopter

A number of other suppliers can potentially provide the Philippines with the aircraft it needs at a much lower cost, with Russia in particular standing out as a leading potential source. Russia and the Philippines have seen relations steadily improve under the latter’s Rodrigo Duterte administration, with Russian ships paying port visits and providing the Southeast Asian state with arms. Russia is also a leading contender to provide the Philippines with attack submarines to protect its waters, although considerable Western political pressure has since been applied to prevent Manilla from accepting such a sale. Russia is itself a leading exporter of attack helicopters, and while its Ka-52 platform is considerably newer and overall considered more capable than the Apache, a cheaper design such as the Mi-35 may be considered more suitable. Other suppliers of attack helicopters are relatively few, and while China has recently developed more advanced variants of the Z-10 platform the state of relations between Beijing and Manilla will make such a sale unlikely. South Korea is also developing a line of promising attack helicopters, and has been a major supplier of arms to the Philippines in the past including fighter jets, but its aircraft are unlikely to be ready in time to meet the country’s defence needs.

Wrong thread, pls move to PAA thread pls. Thanks!

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Wrong thread, pls move to PAA thread pls. Thanks!
Ok boss, done

Last edited:

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee . Why Egyptians getting so much variation ?

The Egyptian Air Force is going to purchase of
26 super advanced Russian SU-35 jet fighter
probably about $3.00 billion dollar agreements
with Sukhoi Corporation of Russia. The Egyptian
air force will receive the first two SU-35 jet
fighters in 2020 and rest of 24 SU-35 jet fighters
is scheduled to deliver until 2023. Per unit cost
of SU-35 advanced multi-role and super
maneuver jet fighter has been fixed at S115.38
million under the contract including missile and
necessary weapons package. Egypt will be the
second largest international customer of SU-35
after China.
FB_IMG_1589571381892.jpg

Last edited:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
To face Turkey. My question is why Saudis and others are throwing away their money creating the force that will never ever fight or deliver results.
Heck world blames Israel for starving Gazans but perhaps someone should ask why the Egyptians have closed their side of the border. Egyptians to me are worse than Israelis. At least Israelis are racist mass murdering non Mulsims ... what is Egyptians excuses .... the world stayed silent when Morsi was killed in cold blooded murder.... the only elected PM Egypt ever had .

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
@ Khafee Sir We have already digested J-15, C130J, F16 news, can you share what other surprises we have in our sleeves or atleast give us some hint!!
C130J? %-( what is this now? Someone tell me plz...jaldi bata do bohat bhook lagi hai.
@Khafee throw some cookie crumbs at me regarding this C130 thing...I missed it.

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
2~3yrs back when I mentioned boomers for PN, somewhere else, people went nuts.

ON TOPIC: All I will say is that the possibilities are endless. Feel free to explore all possibilities.
As for Pakistani J15s having foldable wings...while not getting an aircraft carrier...could it be an island base? A small island(whether artificially constructed or not) where space would be in short supply and maybe the foldable wings can help park more aircrafts closer together?

Last edited:

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
As for Pakistani J15s having foldable wings...while not getting an aircraft carrier...could it be an island base? A small island(whether artificially constructed or not) where space would in short supply and maybe the foldable wings can help park more aircrafts closer together?
Read earlier thread posts. Khafee suggests we might be able to hitch a ride on chinese carriers.
Someone had a realy coo idea of building a skijump runway hidden in a mountain.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I think ones destined for Pak are already undergoing flt tests + user acceptance trials.

So these birds "could be", cant say for sure, since they are manufacturing for themselves as well.

All these nay sayers need to be asked, what are PAF pilots doing in J-15's learning how to make chowmien?
I would very much like to eat the chow mein made in a jet like the J15 ROFL
...on topic...as for the foldable wings still being there on Pak's J15s...could it be that they won't serve any purpose(as u said no carrier). The whole reason they are there is just bcuz that way no changes would have to be made that would require retesting? Production wouldn't require any changes either. Just a guess...