Anti-Muslim Protests In Germany | Page 3 | World Defense

Anti-Muslim Protests In Germany

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Hatred of a certain religious group in Germany? Hmm, not exactly a new story is it? Hopefully, Chancellor Merkel will do all she can to stop this, it will really harm the public perception of the Germans and she must realize that.
I agree with you, openly hating a religious group never sits well with the public, even though it still exist, people have the freedom to practice their way of life.

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It saddens me that the events have caused many people to rise up and express their hatred or dislike for muslims; blaming islam as a religion for the attacks.

Let's be clear - the people who carried out these attacks are a different species.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
That's pretty harsh. Although I understand where the Germans are coming from, discriminating the entire Muslim population for something done by a member of their group is not the right thing to do. This vicious cycle of hate, discrimination and ethnocentrism is really getting on my nerves. We're humans, I understand, but something like this is so silly.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This is kind of unfair for the Muslims really. People have to know that the real Islam faith doesn't kill people like that. It is the other sects of Islam that have twisted the original faith into something else. I'm no Muslim though, and I just hope peace for everybody and awareness is definitely going to help in this issue.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Not all Muslims are terrorists. There are lots of Muslim people who are also crying/fighting for peace. It's really saddening that these innocent people are being oppressed because of the doings of others.

Tigoci

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Time and time again I'll say this: Islam or Christianity is not the problem, extremists are.

It's not the fault of any religion, it's the fault of misinformation and religious extremists. There are extremists on both sides of the fence, and both groups of extremists are the people behind some of the worlds most despicable actions. We had the Breivik shooting in Norway. Should we have demonstrations against ALL christians because of that? Of course not! It's a silly thought to even have that, because the large majority of christian people despise his actions. It's the same story about muslims, but lots of folks don't seem to realize that.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I think people will hide under the anti-extremists tag when it's just an excuse to be anti-Muslim. I think a lot of people realize that not all Muslims are extremists but for them they just want to challenge a different culture regardless. We've seen it before - to group everyone together, you just focus on one element of the group and then stereotype everyone else.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I wouldn't want to be Muslim. As you guys have pointed out here all are being judged by the actions of a few. I suppose this is what the terrorist want. To have a great divide so that people will turn on one another. Just an added on bonus in their war against the world.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The problem is taqiyya, the islamic practice of lying to infidels if the lie furthers the cause of islam. There may very well be some muslims who truly do condemn the practices of ISIS and they truly do not want to bother anyone else in the world. On the other hand, maybe they are lying in order to further the cause of islam. When a person ascribes to an ideology that says lying is Ok, then other people are not going to trust that person even though they may be sincere. It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf. He lied and lied again and then when he truly was sincere, nobody believed him. So the moral of the story is if you want people to consider you as truthful and trustworthy, then don't ascribe to an ideology that says lying is Ok.

So saying all of this I guess you'll never want to keep company with a Muslim then? Your bible-belt Christianity is quite amusing, and clearly not inclusive (and Billy Graham was anti-Semitic). And I'm saying this from someone brought up in a very Christian household.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's unfortunate, but Germany and other European countries brought this problem upon themselves. They had this shiny "progressive" idea of trying to blend two completely different opposite ideologies, cultures and way of life into one big happy family. Come to find out, it's a total failure. I think they felt sorry for the people in the middle east because they weren't doing as well as those in Europe and weren't as civilized as the West.

Well, did they ever consider that was because of the bad choices that people in the middle east continue to take? They won't give up islam, which is keeping them in the 7th century dark ages. That is their choice, nobody is forcing them to do that. They spend all their time complaining (and fighting) about the tiny sliver of land that Israel occupies when in truth, followers of islam control the vast majority of the lands all over the middle east and have made huge inroads into Africa, southeast Asia and of course, Europe. Rather than trying to wipe out western civilization, they should START EMULATING it. Israel started out with nothing, but they built themselves a great nation with some help from the U.S. The people in the gaza strip received tons of aids, but they chose to spend all the money on trying to focus on getting rid of Israel.

Now Europeans countries have brought all these problems to their very own nations. They refuse to stick up for their own culture, their own way of life because they feel guilty. They need to stop feeling guilty and start being proud of their successes. If they don't they are going to "guilt" themselves completely out of their own nations. How foolish is that.
The problem is taqiyya, the islamic practice of lying to infidels if the lie furthers the cause of islam. There may very well be some muslims who truly do condemn the practices of ISIS and they truly do not want to bother anyone else in the world. On the other hand, maybe they are lying in order to further the cause of islam. When a person ascribes to an ideology that says lying is Ok, then other people are not going to trust that person even though they may be sincere. It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf. He lied and lied again and then when he truly was sincere, nobody believed him. So the moral of the story is if you want people to consider you as truthful and trustworthy, then don't ascribe to an ideology that says lying is Ok.

I'm glad you don't want to be a muslim. I'm glad you don't want to ascribe to an ideology that COMMANDS its followers to kill all the infidels. I'm glad you don't want to revere a man like mohammed who murdered people, who stole from others, who owned slaves, who was a polygamist and who was a pedophile (his wife Aisha was just age 6 when he married her). I'm glad you don't want to believe in an ideology that says lying to others (taqiyya) is Ok if it furthers the cause of islam. I'm glad you don't want to believe in an ideology that says women are not even as important as camels or donkeys. The bottom line is that the ideology of islam needs to be put in the dust bin of history just like nazism and the KKK have been put in the dust bin. That is where it belongs. It is not compatible with human life, at least not my human life because I am an infidel female and I happen to think my life has more value than a donkey.

The fact that you are able to type the above rubbish is because that it was the Muslims who laid down the foundation of science such as algorithm and Algebra. It was the Muslims who shaped the modern world. At that time when the so called westerns were living in caves so please spare me your PC talking about 7th century mind set. Don't cite the actions of the individuals who invoke in the name of religions be it Christianity (Lord resistance army in Uganda, Crusades, Spanish inquisition, Europe colonialism in Africa and Asia..etc) , Judaism(Cave of the Patriarchs..etc) or Islam(9/11) for their own goals. Had Muslims been running Europe today six million jews would still be alive today. How many Christians are living in majority Muslim countries? Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon/Jews in Morocco, Iran, Azerbaijan...etc. So if Muslims believe in killing the infidels as you mentioned how come there are many non Muslims still living peacefully today in majority Muslim countries? All the battle fought by the prophet was defensive and not offensive. When people come to kill you will you offer yourself or defend yourself?

Talking about slaves forgetting that modern slavery of Africans by the US that ended up what a hundred years ago. In fact Islam was the first to introduce social justice and promote equality. Islam came to abolish slavery not to encourage it. Islamic views on slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coming to your second you point where you talked about Muslims wanting to destroy the western civilization? Last time I checked, it was the US who invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, african countries. So you come to our lands to destroy our people and then blame Muslims for any resulting reactions! Don't you also dare to impose your western values on others. Every society has its own value, tradition..etc. So don't expect Muslims or any others to accept your own version of morality..etc

Third point about the Prophet Mohammed who was selected as the most influential person ever walked the earth.
The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every society has its norms, in the US some states still allow marriage at young age. in Europe too, the Gypsy men marry to six, seven years old. Now prophet Mohammed didn't married Ayshia when she was six years old rather 9 years old. The marriage wasn't about sex because the prophet didn't have sex with her until she reached puberty meaning that when she became matured. He married her to prepare her for the message given to him. All of his wives were widows except her. No one objected to the marriage at that time. Ayisha is called as the mother of the believers by the Muslims. The tribes who rejected his message offered him the most beautiful women, afford him money...etc for him to give up to preach the message of Islam. He simply rejected all of their offers.

Finally, Taqiyya is part of the Shia doctrine not part of Islam.

Ignorance is bless indeed. You are just the other part of the coin of what you called Islamic extremism although Islam is a centered balanced religion which means there is nothing called islamic terrorists/extremists. Extremists are extremists and terrorists are terrorists and these two have either political or strategic goals and ARE NOT motivated by religion period.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The fact that you are able to type the above rubbish is because that it was the Muslims who laid down the foundation of science such as algorithm and Algebra. It was the Muslims who shaped the modern world. At that time when the so called westerns were living in caves so please spare me your PC talking about 7th century mind set. Don't cite the actions of the individuals who invoke in the name of religions be it Christianity (Lord resistance army in Uganda, Crusades, Spanish inquisition, Europe colonialism in Africa and Asia..etc) , Judaism(Cave of the Patriarchs..etc) or Islam(9/11) for their own goals. Had Muslims been running Europe today six million jews would still be alive today. How many Christians are living in majority Muslim countries? Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon/Jews in Morocco, Iran, Azerbaijan...etc. So if Muslims believe in killing the infidels as you mentioned how come there are many non Muslims still living peacefully today in majority Muslim countries? All the battle fought by the prophet was defensive and not offensive. When people come to kill you will you offer yourself or defend yourself?

Talking about slaves forgetting that modern slavery of Africans by the US that ended up what a hundred years ago. In fact Islam was the first to introduce social justice and promote equality. Islam came to abolish slavery not to encourage it. Islamic views on slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coming to your second you point where you talked about Muslims wanting to destroy the western civilization? Last time I checked, it was the US who invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, african countries. So you come to our lands to destroy our people and then blame Muslims for any resulting reactions! Don't you also dare to impose your western values on others. Every society has its own value, tradition..etc. So don't expect Muslims or any others to accept your own version of morality..etc

Third point about the Prophet Mohammed who was selected as the most influential person ever walked the earth.
The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every society has its norms, in the US some states still allow marriage at young age. in Europe too, the Gypsy men marry to six, seven years old. Now prophet Mohammed didn't married Ayshia when she was six years old rather 9 years old. The marriage wasn't about sex because the prophet didn't have sex with her until she reached puberty meaning that when she became matured. He married her to prepare her for the message given to him. All of his wives were widows except her. No one objected to the marriage at that time. Ayisha is called as the mother of the believers by the Muslims. The tribes who rejected his message offered him the most beautiful women, afford him money...etc for him to give up to preach the message of Islam. He simply rejected all of their offers.

Finally, Taqiyya is not part of the Shia doctrine not part of Islam.

Ignorance is bless indeed. You are just the other part of the coin of what you called Islamic extremism although Islam is a centered balanced religion which means there is nothing called islamic terrorists/extremists. Extremists are extremists and terrorists are terrorists and these two have either political or strategic goals and ARE NOT motivated by religion period.

Thanks for outlining the argument in a far more eloquent and detailed manner than I ever would have been able to. I just think that Fox (TV)-baiters are always going to be on sites like this spewing re-writes of history.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
It's disheartening to see an entire religion pay for the deed of some extremists. We can agree that islamism is a tough religion and not on the same page with the modern era, but to rally against every cult member?

I agree.... however, many don't understand the distinction.

What is even more sad is how those extremist have accomplished on of their goals... they are creating mayhem around the world. I think this is how they are trying to get more recruits to their cause also. With everyone hating on Muslims at the moment, more Muslims are turning to the extremist because of the ill treatment they are receiving so that they can either fight back or get revenge. Stopping the hatred stops the violence which keeps the extremist from gaining new recruits to their cause.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It's not about the individual. It's about the ideology. It's about a belief system. The ideology of islam needs to be put in the dust bin of history the same way that the ideology of nazism has and the ideology of the KKK has and the ideology of communism. Yes, there are some fringe groups here and there, but by and large the majority of humans in this world recognize that these ideologies (belief systems) have been responsible for many atrocities committed in this world and hundreds of millions of deaths.

So you're happy to group all Muslims (the ideology) with the world of ISIS / Al Qaeda and detach Christianity from the Christian terrorism of the KKK? And pre-911, were you making the same argument?

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Again, that idiotic idea of generalizing all Muslims as terrorists. That kind of mentality invokes more conflicts that we never should really have. Muslims are passionate of their beliefs, its not hard to picture them putting themselves forward to help out in these matters specially when those causing the problem are considered their kin. Bust seriously, what person will still be willing to raise their hand after all the baseless criticism?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's not about the individual. It's about the ideology. It's about a belief system. The ideology of islam needs to be put in the dust bin of history the same way that the ideology of nazism has and the ideology of the KKK has and the ideology of communism. Yes, there are some fringe groups here and there, but by and large the majority of humans in this world recognize that these ideologies (belief systems) have been responsible for many atrocities committed in this world and hundreds of millions of deaths.

Dude, Muslims ruled Spain for 800 years yet Spain is a majority christian country with millions of jews living in it. Indonesia have not been invaded by any muslim army yet its a Muslim country. Get your fact straight next time you open your dirty mouth. Islam spread because of its peaceful message period. I can pull many examples to you know of thousands of christians, jews and atheists who embraced Islam. Youtube is full of those examples. Christian priests, bishops, rabbis..etc.