AWACS, AEW/C & Special Purposes Aircraft | Page 7 | World Defense

AWACS, AEW/C & Special Purposes Aircraft

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Next three yrs we will bear PPP but next election IA they will out of power.
I was happy when PTI won a good number of seats in Khi. BUT is this possible in interior sindh? Wont there be a danger to demoCrazy?

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Nahi bhai forgive those PTI fan boys they are far away from ground realities.In 2018 was possible on IK personal wave but worst decision going with GDA but aab tu IK ko khud apny wandy laag gaye hain :p holding myself to avoid further derailing this thread (start some at other place kuch maazy maazy ka sunaoo gaa esp PPP ky ek MPA ka ) . @Khafee was checking that PN helicopter thread is this deal still on any possibility ???
I was happy when PTI won a good number of seats in Khi. BUT is this possible in interior sindh? Wont there be a danger to demoCrazy?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
No, 2.

Last 3 were already ER.

So now, 3 Legacy systems to be upgraded. 2 new to be inducted. Total 8.
Total 8 of Erieye ER and 4 ZDK...so there are total of 12 AWACS? If so that's amazing news

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
This will be enough for around the clock coverage and some on our eastern border . I guess ZDK Will be left for surveillance over the Arabian Sea and work with J15s .

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
One question is with experts here these AEW&C or similar domain can be fitted on any civilian jet or has special type jet requirements for it. ?

If no specific jet requirements them can Pakistan in future put these any other jet then saab 2000 ?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
One question is with experts here these AEW&C or similar domain can be fitted on any civilian jet or has special type jet requirements for it. ?

If no specific jet requirements them can Pakistan in future put these any other jet then saab 2000 ?
UAEAF operates similar ErieEye (GlobalEye) on Bombardier Global 6000 corporate jet.

IAF operates Israeli Phalcon system on an IL-76 whilst Israeli AF used B707 initially. Now they have standardized all their EW platforms on G550.
You need to customize a bit and see how radome and other antennae will impact the aerodynamics.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
10 now, 12 once these kits are assembled IA.
:--) I assume Pak either already has the 2 SAAB 2000 jets in transport role(on which these kits will be fitted to convert to AWACS) or two jets will be ordered if that's not the case?

Also out of curiosity what happened to the previous non ER suite? It's not that old...did Pak sell it? Or reused it somewhere else?
This will be enough for around the clock coverage and some on our eastern border . I guess ZDK Will be left for surveillance over the Arabian Sea and work with J15s .
I'm hoping ZDKs have also been upgraded to the AESA radar...coupled with J15s and ATR72s it should be more than enough to monitor the seas.

Yes...Pak can refit them on any jet...it would however require some modifications and rewiring, which would then necessitate testing.
UAEAF operates similar ErieEye (GlobalEye) on Bombardier Global 6000 corporate jet.

IAF operates Israeli Phalcon system on an IL-76 whilst Israeli AF used B707 initially. Now they have standardized all their EW platforms on G550.
You need to customize a bit and see how radome and other antennae will impact the aerodynamics.
If Pak chooses Bombardier Global 6000(which I'm hoping is the case)...then it wouldn't require too much integration and testing cost...since it has already been done in case of GlobalEye.

With Bombardier Global 6000...Pak can then also go for the Turkish HAVA SOJ(as replacements or additions to the DA 20) for EW role.
UAE's project Dolphin(not sure of what role it is for) is also based on the Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft.

So IMO that platform would be the most beneficial to standardize all of these platforms on...with the least integration and testing costs(since it has already been done). However I don't think that PAF would...or should go for this considering that lots of money was just spent building up the current fleet...and other things need to be tended to as well with the limited finances. Also the operating cost of a jet vs a turboprop is higher. So not now...but perhaps maybe in 10 years(with a better economy) this could be something that can be considered.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan

Actually asking this becuz, once PAC announced they want to have local production of small commercial jet for defence and commercial uses with help of china . So may be these can also use on future

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Actually asking this becuz, once PAC announced they want to have local production of small commercial jet for defence and commercial uses with help of china . So may be these can also use on future

Look at this 10 jet by Pakistan by some unknow company, these are pre order even b4 production start plan is MA7000
received_601013434092982.jpeg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
:--) I assume Pak either already has the 2 SAAB 2000 jets in transport role(on which these kits will be fitted to convert to AWACS) or two jets will be ordered if that's not the case?
They recently recvd (as in last 10 days), 2 new saab2000's

Also out of curiosity what happened to the previous non ER suite? It's not that old...did Pak sell it? Or reused it somewhere else?
Legacy systems = no idea

I'm hoping ZDKs have also been upgraded to the AESA radar...coupled with J15s and ATR72s it should be more than enough to monitor the seas.
A few systems & Sensors were upgraded, but not AESA yet. Maybe in the future.

If Pak chooses Bombardier Global 6000(which I'm hoping is the case)...then it wouldn't require too much integration and testing cost...since it has already been done in case of GlobalEye.
No, not for now.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0