China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan | Page 5 | World Defense

China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
FB_IMG_1588286695342.jpg
Pakistan, reportedly, has purchased 300 VT-4 MBTs from #Norinco in a deal worth ~$1 Billion. The delivery of initial batches is underway.
The VT-4, along side domestic AK1 project, will greatly increase the efficiency of Pakistan's armored corps.
?? ??
Unlike the VT-4 versions of Thailand and Nigeria, Pakistan's version is specifically modified and is equipped with 1500HP engine and FY-4 ERA. The evaluation of #T90MS and testing of #Oplot_M has allowed Pakistan to tailor VT-4 to meet its next generation MBT requirements. ??
The deliveries will complete by 2024.

#HIT has already been upgraded to support and even modify #VT4 tank fleet.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
View attachment 12508Pakistan, reportedly, has purchased 300 VT-4 MBTs from #Norinco in a deal worth ~$1 Billion. The delivery of initial batches is underway.
The VT-4, along side domestic AK1 project, will greatly increase the efficiency of Pakistan's armored corps.
?? ??
Unlike the VT-4 versions of Thailand and Nigeria, Pakistan's version is specifically modified and is equipped with 1500HP engine and FY-4 ERA. The evaluation of #T90MS and testing of #Oplot_M has allowed Pakistan to tailor VT-4 to meet its next generation MBT requirements. ??
The deliveries will complete by 2024.

#HIT has already been upgraded to support and even modify #VT4 tank fleet.
It's best that HIT starts producing these not just supporting. With a total order that big there is a need for full TOT to be negotiated.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
It's best that HIT starts producing these not just supporting. With a total order that big there is a need for full TOT to be negotiated.
Yes ToT is must, so we can become independent and can modity to for future exports from pakistan.

Now self reliance should main focus for future for our defense and economy

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes ToT is must, so we can become independent and can modity to for future exports from pakistan.

Now self reliance should main focus for future for our defense and economy
Well said. Anything we purchase in large numbers should come with the policy of "self reliance" which means full TOT. Pakistan should push itself into every project that china starts. Not necessarily for procuring it ourselves but more for the experience and knowledge. Pakistan should assume the role of a nosy little brother that wants to know everything.

It would be wonderful if we could get our hands on the engines too.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Well said. Anything we purchase in large numbers should come with the policy of "self reliance" which means full TOT. Pakistan should push itself into every project that china starts. Not necessarily for procuring it ourselves but more for the experience and knowledge. Pakistan should assume the role of a nosy little brother that wants to know everything.

It would be wonderful if we could get our hands on the engines too.
Yes pray and hope for best for our country and nation, hope best will come to us in future , IA

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Army’s New Generation Main Battle Tank & VT-4 MBT ⚔ ? ?? ??

As per sources Pakistan evaluated three MBTs. Those Three are as follows:

1. T-90MS ?? (Rejected by PA ?? ⚔)

FB_IMG_1588430035802.jpg

2. T-84 Oplot-M & Oplot-P ?? (First Pakistan ?? Evaluated Oplot-M & rejected it "Main issues were Weight, Fire Power & Fire Control System" then Ukraine customised it according to Pakistan's needs that variant is known as Oplot-P. It also got rejected due to multiple reasons but the main reason was the delivery on time since Ukraine has this issues with on time delivery. Pakistan also observed the Thailand ?? case in which Ukraine failed to deliver T-84 on time).
FB_IMG_1588430046066.jpg
FB_IMG_1588430049519.jpg

3. VT-4 ?? (Selected After Extensive Tests Evaluations.)
FB_IMG_1588430038697.jpg

✅ Pakistan's Army VT-4 Deal with China ?? ??

Pakistan will be acquiring 300 VT-4 from Norinco China ??. The delivery will be done in 2 stages/Phases.

a) Phase 1: 176 VT-4 MBT.

b) Phase 2: 124 VT-4 MBT.

Sources confirm that Pakistan's VT-4 version will be the most capable version compared to Thailand's ?? & Nigerian ?? Versions. The distinguished features ase as follows:

1. Pakistan's VT-4s will be equipped with 1500HP Engine rather than standard 1300HP Engine. Since Pakistan showed reservations with 1300HP Engine during Evaluation.

2. The Explosive Reactive Armour or ERA on Pakistan's VT-4s will be "FY-4". The Standard Version VT-4s has "FY-2". FY-4 ERA is licensed version of "Relikt ERA" ??. For the matter of fact Relikt is world's most capable & advanced ERA.

3. Pakistan's VT-4s will have better mobility (More powerful Engine 1500HP). Fire Power, Fire Control System & Optronics of Pakistan's VT-4s are believed to be superior than all other existing variants.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Warfare today, I just don't think major tank battles will ever happen again, the last time was Desert Storm. I think tanks have a place on the battle field, I just don't think they have the major role that they once had.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Warfare today, I just don't think major tank battles will ever happen again, the last time was Desert Storm. I think tanks have a place on the battle field, I just don't think they have the major role that they once had.
True, now war is gone to distance warfares and strategies.. future main asset will be missiles, drones and other air ground asset which can attach at far distance

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Plenty of tank action ongoing in Syria.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee
Sharing my personal intial finading regarding Project Al Haider.

Al haider was not associated with procurement VT4. VT4 inductions is to accommodate gap created due to delays and problems associated with mass production of Al Khalid 2. (That this 3rd generation main battle tank for pakistan based on Al khalid 1) and VT4 (MBT 3000) is also based on Al khalid 1

Project Al hiader is associated with precurement or local development of advance 3rd generation tanks (can be called as 4th generation battle tanks)

For which pakistan in eyeing on turkish Altay advance tanks which it self developed in association with south korea with some modification in there most advance battle tank known as K2 black panther.

But problem associated with altay is thats its too much expensive for Pakistan. So pakistan might looking to modify altay with low cost avionics and engines to lower its cost under banners of al haider project which might be sort of smart tank having data link communications involved with it , (Note pakistan is already working on datalink 17 with association of China.)

In summary it will pakistan 4th generation main battle tank with help of Turkey Altay project with some replacement with Chinese hardware/avionics and might be use Ukraine engines or its derivation to reduce cost. As altay tank follow NATO standard which has increased its cost.

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Plenty of tank action ongoing in Syria.
yes, but not the main part of the warfare, it's just part of it. Unlike in Desert Storm were it was the main part of warfare. Today with the man portable missiles, the tank is there, but not an obstacle that can't be over come by infantry. now an infantry squad always carries an AT4 or better, and if they would expect to run into tanks would carry even more heavy hardware.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
That's true but you need boots on ground along equipment to consolidate ur hold no matter how advance the Air warfare becomes tanks, artillery will remain with ground forces to hold grounds.

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee
Sharing my personal intial finading regarding Project Al Haider.

Al haider was not associated with procurement VT4. VT4 inductions is to accommodate gap created due to delays and problems associated with mass production of Al Khalid 2. (That this 3rd generation main battle tank for pakistan based on Al khalid 1) and VT4 (MBT 3000) is also based on Al khalid 1

Project Al hiader is associated with precurement or local development of advance 3rd generation tanks (can be called as 4th generation battle tanks)

For which pakistan in eyeing on turkish Altay advance tanks which it self developed in association with south korea with some modification in there most advance battle tank known as K2 black panther.

But problem associated with altay is thats its too much expensive for Pakistan. So pakistan might looking to modify altay with low cost avionics and engines to lower its cost under banners of al haider project which might be sort of smart tank having data link communications involved with it , (Note pakistan is already working on datalink 17 with association of China.)

In summary it will pakistan 4th generation main battle tank with help of Turkey Altay project with some replacement with Chinese hardware/avionics and might be use Ukraine engines or its derivation to reduce cost. As altay tank follow NATO standard which has increased its cost.
Avionics in a tank?
Also since VT-4 is a third gen tank then why would we waste money on a 3rd gen tank?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Avionics in a tank?
Also since VT-4 is a third gen tank then why would we waste money on a 3rd gen tank?
I think he means the electronics.

Besides, he did mention that it is a stop gap measure till AK2 or Haider is inducted.