Coronavirus News & Updates | Page 16 | World Defense

Coronavirus News & Updates

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia UAE second batch of medical supplies arrived to Pakistan today. Maybe Imran Khan can get his self straight now instead of his stupid calling for Iran sanctions to be lifted.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia announced a lockdown 24hrs curfew.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia UAE second batch of medical supplies arrived to Pakistan today. Maybe Imran Khan can get his self straight now instead of his stupid calling for Iran sanctions to be lifted.
He is an utterly stupid person, being used by Shia lobby. Most of his kitchen cabinet is shia.
And a shia, no matter how much he/she looks secular, is deeply loyal to Iran and Shia religion.
what you are expecting from Imran?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
He is an utterly stupid person, being used by Shia lobby. Most of his kitchen cabinet is shia.
And a shia, no matter how much he/she looks secular, is deeply loyal to Iran and Shia religion.
what you are expecting from Imran?

Why would he care about Iran is beyond me. Pakistan should be his first priority plus it is not good for Pakistan to get in the middle of US/Iran fight. The entire world is against Iran and Pakistan should look for its interests, leave Iran alone. Iran has never helped Pakistan in the past nor has anything to offer to Pakistan to begin with!

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Why would he care about Iran is beyond me. Pakistan should be his first priority plus it is not good for Pakistan to get in the middle of US/Iran fight. The entire world is against Iran and Pakistan should look for its interests, leave Iran alone. Iran has never helped Pakistan in the past nor has anything to offer to Pakistan to begin with!
How’s corona situation in KSA bro?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
How’s corona situation in KSA bro?

The situation is stable aside from the many more cases we are getting from non-Saudis residing in the country especially those with no valid legal status. It is because those residing illegally are living in big numbers together so social distancing is not possible for them.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Other than that we are on a 24/7 lockdown and pretty much doing fine. Food and other supplies can be ordered via delivery apps.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The situation is stable aside from the many more cases we are getting from non-Saudis residing in the country especially those with no valid legal status. It is because those residing illegally are living in big numbers together so social distancing is not possible for them.
Plus they hesitate to visit hospitals, knowing that they would be required to prove their documents

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Other than that we are on a 24/7 lockdown and pretty much doing fine. Food and other supplies can be ordered via delivery apps.
Is zomato in KSA as well ?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Plus they hesitate to visit hospitals, knowing that they would be required to prove their documents

That requirement has been waved long ago for those coming straight to the ER.
Is zomato in KSA as well ?

No, we have some native apps and the government listed new apps as well and encourages people to sign up giving $1000 monthly aside from the delivery charge they take. So things are going fine Alhamdulillah.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I just feel for the non-Saudis although the government requested private sectors not to stop their salaries and the government will bear 60% of payment but we do not know how long that is going to last. Visa and residency permit fees have been waved as well.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not close to reaching the peak yet here in the US because it's spreading more in new states now. Also some states were slow to get testing. That's why it's so important to test extensively across the whole nation to get accurate idea of when this virus will peak in the nation.

So sadly we are in lockdown until at least July at this rate. And that's a conservative estimate. That's of people losing jobs due to businesses closing down or cutting down hours. And less consumer spending so more companies firing some people.

I think most people have adapted well but the government needs to work on a concrete plan on when to resume normal life and how to handle another outbreak in the future. If this comes back in the fall it will be even nastier. So I hope our gov't has a plan instead of focusing on party elections. Timing could not be worse .

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We are not close to reaching the peak yet here in the US because it's spreading more in new states now. Also some states were slow to get testing. That's why it's so important to test extensively across the whole nation to get accurate idea of when this virus will peak in the nation.

So sadly we are in lockdown until at least July at this rate. And that's a conservative estimate. That's of people losing jobs due to businesses closing down or cutting down hours. And less consumer spending so more companies firing some people.

I think most people have adapted well but the government needs to work on a concrete plan on when to resume normal life and how to handle another outbreak in the future. If this comes back in the fall it will be even nastier. So I hope our gov't has a plan instead of focusing on party elections. Timing could not be worse .

The US is not doing enough to contain the virus. In fact all capitalistic societies can not handle this. They would rather watch their people dying than stopping business and hurting the economy. I could be wrong but this is my observation so far.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
The US is not doing enough to contain the virus. In fact all capitalistic societies can not handle this. They would rather watch their people dying than stopping business and hurting the economy. I could be wrong but this is my observation so far.

You see they don't want to lose that taxpayer money which funds a lot of things. That being said they can afford to have this for a few or several months but the administrations reaction to the virus was terrible.

They should have implemented orders and got in contact with state governors as soon as the virus broke out in Seattle. Which was the first known breakout zone in our nation. Our adminstration did nothing to prepare or send testing kits out early. If they sent those kits out, each state would shut down after detecting a number of cases.

It is too late now and we will reach 1 million cases soon which will become millions and then tens of millions if it doesn't slow down on its own. Then they have to figure out what they want to do from there.

At the moment they don't have a plan. Trump doesn't understand economy well he knows how to ease some regulations which helps with growth but he doesn't understand how to minimize costs to economy. With Coronavirus there is no good option for the economy. It was going to be hit. But, there was an option to minimize the cost endured by the economy by enacting measures early on. He didn't and now we have to pay a higher price.