Coronavirus News & Updates | Page 18 | World Defense

Coronavirus News & Updates

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Politicians have to take responsibility for their actions ..... that’s what I implied with him being responsible. He was speaking out of his butt when it came to hydrochloriquine and other game changers .... with out clinical data it’s outright criminal to ask people to trust words coming out of an uneducated liar....

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Falcon my brother, I don't know what to say to you. These are terrible times, but it is not the wrath of some god, it's just what comes to us.

Hello brother, unfortunately we are going to be warned/punished as a world as a whole and we can only ask the Lord of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohammed for mercy.

I stopped believing in my religion at one point and even debated existence of God just so you know but I can assure you God is real.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
We are all left to our own beliefs, I wish you well. When a group of men armed with machetes chop people up, it's not an act of god, it's an act of man. Just as this is an act of man

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
We are all left to our own beliefs, I wish you well. When a group of men armed with machetes chop people up, it's not an act of god, it's an act of man. Just as this is an act of man

Wish you well too, of course that is act of man, as for Covid-19 act of nature. I'm speaking of something I suspect is around the corner. Could be wrong but either way we humans as a whole are going down wrong path which warrants a warning and/or punishment from the Creator.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I talk to my kids about what is going on now a days.
I ask them to explain how something with NO brain, organs, soul or body can do so much destruction.
If anyone ever studied virology they can understand the unbelievably complicated process which is required for the virus to enter human cells ..... but yet this virus is performing this task with absolutely breathtakingly precision ......

and yet some still question the existence of the God.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia recorded 800 new cases yesterday all were non Saudi citizens mostly illegal Bangladeshis, Burmans, and Africans. Thanks to our immigration enforcement for the mess they created in the country. If you do not want to deport them that is fine but at least fix their issues so we can keep track of them.
I can understand the feels bro...

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
?

P3rus6a.jpg

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

Study: Rate Of Coronavirus Infections In LA Up To 55 Times Higher Than Confirmed Cases

LOS ANGELES — Confirmed coronavirus cases only tell a portion of the story in any area, but a new study out of Los Angeles County has come to a startling conclusion. Based on the first round of antibody testing, 4.1% of the county’s entire adult population has already come into contact with the virus and developed an antibody.

After adjusting for statistical margin of error, that means anywhere from 221,000 to 442,000 local adults in Los Angeles have been infected by the coronavirus. That number is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed COVID-19 cases in LA at the time the study was conducted earlier this month.

This research, performed by the University of Southern California, has a number of implications. Besides just documenting how widespread the coronavirus has become, it also suggests a lower fatality rate. As of today there have been just over 600 COVID-19 related deaths in Los Angeles county.

“Though the results indicate a lower risk of death among those with infection than was previously thought, the number of COVID-related deaths each day continues to mount, highlighting the need for continued vigorous prevention and control efforts,” explains Paul Simon, chief science officer at the L.A. County Department of Public Health and co-lead on the study, in a release.

Antibody tests can detect past infections, but PCR tests are the only way to identify an active case right now.

To come to these conclusions, drive-thru antibody testing sites were set up at six locations across LA county on April 10th and 11th. Tested locals were gathered from a database that is representative of the county’s population.

While these findings have not yet been peer-reviewed, the study’s authors plan to continue testing more residents in the coming weeks to get a better idea of the coronavirus’ spread throughout Los Angeles.

“These results indicate that many persons may have been unknowingly infected and at risk of transmitting the virus to others,” comments Barbara Ferrer, director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “These findings underscore the importance of expanded polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing to diagnose those with infection so they can be isolated and quarantined while also maintaining the broad social distancing interventions.”

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

Ok unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. For any vaccine or even medication to develop you need extensive clinical trials . It takes a lot of time. Infact properly run trials can take years and must cover huge number of subset of patients with underlying medical
Conditions and medications. You can imagine that the new medication must be proven safe for all sicknesses and all available other medications to see cross reactions etc. It’s not an easy or cheap undertaking.
Now here is a million dollar question....
would you give a brand new rushed and unproven vaccine to your family?

even I cannot answer this question for
My own family...