Coronavirus News & Updates | Page 25 | World Defense

Coronavirus News & Updates

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
What is going on in Minneapolis? It's not quite related but apparently there are some protests brewing in some areas there after a person died while being detained due to what appears to be a reckless conduct by an police officer.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Watching live coverage .... they burned down the entire police station, looting etc and then Trump fired off a racist tweet saying something about shooting rioters and Twitter covered it as advocating violence and Trumpnis going ape shit now...
Large protests going on....

trump wants to fan hatred so he can turn attention away from 102000 dead Americans .

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Watching live coverage .... they burned down the entire police station, looting etc and then Trump fired off a racist tweet saying something about shooting rioters and Twitter covered it as advocating violence and Trumpnis going ape shit now...
Large protests going on....

trump wants to fan hatred so he can turn attention away from 102000 dead Americans .

That's scary, does Trump understand the long term consequences of his sentiments? Let's assume some looters or protesters are shot and killed. And we have 15 killed one day, where do we go from there? Turn Minneapolis into Syria?

Hopefully the protesters get their justice and the looting stops and we go back to dealing with the pandemic.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes Keith Allison, the former Muslim member of Congress is the attorney general now and
Ilhan Omar (D) is the Congress women and Trump hates them both .... so he is trying to fan racial hatred just because of that.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I don't think he is fanning racial tension, people are looting, they burned down a police station, they are the ones doing the shooting. That cop got fired and I hope he is charged for this, but they need to stop the rioting and looting, I heard the police were running away from some of rioters in some cases, they have lawlessness. Bring in the National Guard.

because something bad happened doesn't give people the right to riot, and Trump is right, I saw some video of these rioters, they are thugs

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes but where is the leadership and the law?
A guy got murdered in front of the camera and in public and he was allowed to go home until riots started and now he is arrested ....
where is trump saying a word of support for the victim?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I don't think he is fanning racial tension, people are looting, they burned down a police station, they are the ones doing the shooting. That cop got fired and I hope he is charged for this, but they need to stop the rioting and looting, I heard the police were running away from some of rioters in some cases, they have lawlessness. Bring in the National Guard.

because something bad happened doesn't give people the right to riot, and Trump is right, I saw some video of these rioters, they are thugs

Riots aren't good nor is looting. Keep in a lot of looters come from different races and not involved with protests or whole situation. That being said, Trump thinks it's all about being strong or weak. When it's rather about dumb or smart leadership. If he was in charge things will go downhill. Because he is not employing smart leadership in domestic situations like these.

The officials in Minneapolis are employing smart leadership qualities and as a result things should calm down soon. They charged the officer and now will employ night time curfew to get the city back to normal. Unlethal force was used in some cases so there are no more deaths to trigger more unrest.

Had it been in Trump's hands he would have ordered use of lethal force for no justified or logical reason and triggered more unrest. If he has nothing good to say about these situations he should avoid giving anything more than condolences and let the Minneapolis officials do the talking.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan

I do agree. It does re-enforce a narrative propagated by some on the right side i-e blacks are thugs, hispanics are drug runners etc.

I went to school in Minnesota (started there Aug 28th, 2001 a few weeks prior to 9/11), so consider it my second home after Pakistan. When you say "Minnesota Nice" it is actually true.

However Police's relationship with minorities esp. African American is just bonkers everywhere be it Alabama or Minnesota.
Compare that to right wing (white) gun activists armed to the teeth marching up an down the State capitol with their AR-15s in PA. Police just stood by and apparently were not threatened by them, however an unarmed handcuffed black guy needed to be brought down and kneed upon. And you know, this is not an isolated case. A few years back, Police shot Philando Castile in Minnesota totally unprovoked. Police officer was found not guilty.
Same has happened over and over again.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Yes but where is the leadership and the law?
A guy got murdered in front of the camera and in public and he was allowed to go home until riots started and now he is arrested ....
where is trump saying a word of support for the victim?
He was tweeting to the Governor, who is the guy that is supposed to be in charge, I think he in a round about way telling he to do something, and the Governor is now I believe bringing in the National Guard. Every bad thing that happens in this country they blame Trump, the Governor is in charge of a state

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Riots aren't good nor is looting. Keep in a lot of looters come from different races and not involved with protests or whole situation. That being said, Trump thinks it's all about being strong or weak. When it's rather about dumb or smart leadership. If he was in charge things will go downhill. Because he is not employing smart leadership in domestic situations like these.

The officials in Minneapolis are employing smart leadership qualities and as a result things should calm down soon. They charged the officer and now will employ night time curfew to get the city back to normal. Unlethal force was used in some cases so there are no more deaths to trigger more unrest.

Had it been in Trump's hands he would have ordered use of lethal force for no justified or logical reason and triggered more unrest. If he has nothing good to say about these situations he should avoid giving anything more than condolences and let the Minneapolis officials do the talking.
Well Minnea[polis Officials are the one responsible, so they should be doing their job. That cop had 14 Internal Affairs investigations into him, why wasn't he fired, and no it is not Trumps job to run the city of Minneapolis. I think the only way for Trump to take over this is to Declare Marshal Law, and nobody wants that

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
He was tweeting to the Governor, who is the guy that is supposed to be in charge, I think he in a round about way telling he to do something, and the Governor is now I believe bringing in the National Guard. Every bad thing that happens in this country they blame Trump, the Governor is in charge of a state

Do you agree with what he said? He could have called the Governor and discussed privately. I feel just like people blaming Trump for all the ills in this country, people on the other side like to find an excuse for all his antics :p

Twitter Hides Trump's Tweet About Minneapolis, Saying It Glorifies Violence
Twitter Hides Trump's Tweet About Minneapolis, Saying It Glorifies Violence

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Well Minnea[polis Officials are the one responsible, so they should be doing their job. I think the only way for Trump to take over this is to Declare Marshal Law, and nobody wants that

You are not getting it, Trump should not get involved in the first place if he is going to make unhelpful comments. He is a spectator in the whole thing but has riled people up with his latest tweet thus Twitter flagged it. And officials in Minneapolis tweeted back at him.

Situation there is under control by the officials and they are responding to it in a smart manner. Which is what gets these situations under control.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Well Minnea[polis Officials are the one responsible, so they should be doing their job. That cop had 14 Internal Affairs investigations into him, why wasn't he fired, and no it is not Trumps job to run the city of Minneapolis. I think the only way for Trump to take over this is to Declare Marshal Law, and nobody wants that
That is the biggest issue (not just Minneapolis). Look at how the Police Union chief is responding.
Seattle where I am, is considered to be the most liberal of cities. Our police department has been under Federal oversight since 2012 because of issues related to excessive use of force especially against minorities.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

No Trump is not responsible for it but he sure like hell knows how to fan hatred and use every misery Americans are facing now a days to his political advantage.
He is a disgusting turd who to me is directly responsible for the death of 102000 Americans so far.
remember it’s a flu and will disappear with the weather ??? Or inject bleach ... what a moron...

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
You are not getting it, Trump should not get involved in the first place if he is going to make unhelpful comments. He is a spectator in the whole thing but has riled people up with his latest tweet thus Twitter flagged it. And officials in Minneapolis tweeted back at him.

Situation there is under control by the officials and they are responding to it in a smart manner. Which is what gets these situations under control.
He is involved from the start, first thing democrats go on TV and blame Trump, how could he not be involved, they involved him