Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 27 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I dont understand why they would zend Mirages via C130 when a ship would deliver the whole lot in 15 days if not less.
A
It seems all deliveries are being kept under tight wraps.
Be it J15s, Zulus or Horus.

If I were to guess due to OpSec.

These most probably are spares or non serviceable airframes being ferried in. Otherwise EAF will have make 18 such 2 ship flights.

BTW I have flown in a C130 with a disassembled Mirage in it. Wings & Tailplane are taken off.

Edit: I am intrigued as to why EAF flying them in (if it is Horus) and why not PAF? We bought them, usually it is the customer that picks it up.

Last edited:

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan

These most probably are spares or non serviceable airframes being ferried in. Otherwise EAF will have make 18 such 2 ship flights.

BTW I have flown in a C130 with a disassembled Mirage in it. Wings & Tailplane are taken off.

Edit: I am intrigued as to why EAF flying them in (if it is Horus) and why not PAF? We bought them, usually it is the customer that picks it up.
Why it is so secret??

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan

What if cargo is not Horus at all ?

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan

well than you can tell there is room for another without a tail and wings or just settle with one such?

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Why it is so secret??
Indians ko heart attack denay ka irada lagta hai Pak ka , Imagine Indians waking up one day and getting the news , Pakistan has inducted 36 Mirage Horus , 15 J-15s , 12 Zullus and 9 C-130 , Indians ko to udhr hi heart attack hojana

Ziaulislam

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
60 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Given global shipping lines are in trouble and delayed its possible that they would be airlifted ratthan shipped

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Indians ko heart attack denay ka irada lagta hai Pak ka , Imagine Indians waking up one day and getting the news , Pakistan has inducted 36 Mirage Horus , 15 J-15s , 12 Zullus and 9 C-130 , Indians ko to udhr hi heart attack hojana
I don't believe it's the Indians we're hiding from. You can't really hide these high ticket items being passed around. And since we're going to announce them this month anyway, I'm not sure what all the secrecy was about. Perhaps some extra goodies being loaded onto those flights.

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't believe it's the Indians we're hiding from. You can't really hide these high ticket items being passed around. And since we're going to announce them this month anyway, I'm not sure what all the secrecy was about. Perhaps some extra goodies being loaded onto those flights.
Ofcourse Indian Military may have knowledge of what Pakistan is going to acquire in next couple of months , i am talking about Indian media and their bakhts , From youtube to twitter to media channels , Cheekhein niklein gi Indians ki

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
As it is getting clearer that Horus Mirage will be flyables most of them, it means we are adding almost 2 squadrons.
What role do you see and what are the advantages of it as compared to our fleet of mirages?
Where likely they would be stationed?
Will they be replacing some or added on?
Your insight please sir @Gripen9