Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 29 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't understand
Usually our sqn strength is 18 aircraft.
With this you can raise 1 extra sqn and distribute 6 aircraft to existing sqn. Or replace the oldest and most fatigued airframes.
I would think all Horus mirages are still airworthy and will be kept in 1 sqn.

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
With this you can raise 1 extra sqn and distribute 6 aircraft to existing sqn. Or replace the oldest and most fatigued airframes.

Sir even the equipment form not airworthy Mirage Horus shall be used to upgrade existing Pak Mirages so as per my guess they shall upgrade few existing Mirages and in the end we shall have two upgraded Mirage squadrons to replace existing Mirages. Perhaps we shall not go to raise extra squadrons, the future purchases shall be to replace existing jets.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir even the equipment form not airworthy Mirage Horus shall be used to upgrade existing Pak Mirages so as per my guess they shall upgrade few existing Mirages and in the end we shall have two upgraded Mirage squadrons to replace existing Mirages. Perhaps we shall not go to raise extra squadrons, the future purchases shall be to replace existing jets.
I would expect all horus M to be airworthy. They were upgraded fairly recently.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Oh ok, I thought it was 20/squadron

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
As it is getting clearer that Horus Mirage will be flyables most of them, it means we are adding almost 2 squadrons.
What role do you see and what are the advantages of it as compared to our fleet of mirages?
Where likely they would be stationed?
Will they be replacing some or added on?
Your insight please sir @Gripen9
Sir ge @Gripen9

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
As it is getting clearer that Horus Mirage will be flyables most of them, it means we are adding almost 2 squadrons.
What role do you see and what are the advantages of it as compared to our fleet of mirages?
Where likely they would be stationed?
Will they be replacing some or added on?
Your insight please sir @Gripen9
I think if we can muster a full sqn strength of Horus Mirages, they will replace an existing mirage (non rose) sqn.
They were upgraded by SAGEM to similar config at ROSEIII with a FLIR chin that we have in 27 SQN.
The added bonus is RC400 Radar/ MICA missile combo that gives it a BVR bite. I hardly see Egypt providing MICAs as they can use them on their M2ks. We will most probably be getting them via other sources.
First thing would be to determine airworthiness and then add refueling probe/Link17. I see them posted at Bholari to cover deep interdecition strikes at night against Indian armor in Thar/Rajistan areas.

** Full Disclaimar. I have no Military background nor am I military tactician. So what I say are just my views.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I think if we can muster a full sqn strength of Horus Mirages, they will replace an existing mirage (non rose) sqn.
They were upgraded by SAGEM to similar config at ROSEIII with a FLIR chin that we have in 27 SQN.
The added bonus is RC400 Radar/ MICA missile combo that gives it a BVR bite. I hardly see Egypt providing MICAs as they can use them on their M2ks. We will most probably be getting them via other sources.
First thing would be to determine airworthiness and then add refueling probe/Link17. I see them posted at Bholari to cover deep interdecition strikes at night against Indian armor in Thar/Rajistan areas.

** Full Disclaimar. I have no Military background nor am I military tactician. So what I say are just my views.
Good idea replace non rose with Horus and use them as spare parts