Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 33 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I dont think pakistan has ever gotten any missiles with previous mirage purchases or else we would have MICA on the mirages instead of aim 9
Were any of them upgraded to fire MICAs?. These Egyptian Mirages, specifically the 23 HORUS have been upgraded to fire MICAs.

As part of ROSE 1 upgrade, we had No 7 SQN mirages upgraded with Grio-M radar. Rumor is that we did mate it with a South African BVR missile (most probably R-Darter). But we never saw them. ROSE II, III upgrades were predominantly getting night strike capabilities to the Mirage V airframes.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Then
Were any of them upgraded to fire MICAs?. These Egyptian Mirages, specifically the 23 HORUS have been upgraded to fire MICAs.

As part of ROSE 1 upgrade, we had No 7 SQN mirages upgraded with Grio-M radar. Rumor is that we did mate it with a South African BVR missile (most probably R-Darter). But we never saw them. ROSE II, III upgrades were predominantly getting night strike capabilities to the Mirage V airframes.
Then were any of the previous morage deliveries from across the world accompanied by any missiles ?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Then

Then were any of the previous morage deliveries from across the world accompanied by any missiles ?
No missile. Almost all of the previous acquisitions (AUS, Libya, Lebanon, Spain) were mothballed airframes that were brought to airworthiness @ PAC. Ones bought from France were upgraded to ROSE std in france and flown from there.
HORUS Mirages are unique due to being upgraded fairly recently and were in active service until Egypt started getting slush fund Rafales & Mig29/35s.

Scroll back to my initial postings on this topic, and you will read what I had written. In my opinion, we will not get MICAs from Egypt as they use them on their M2ks. But since they have the requisite "plumbing", you can acquire the missile from other sources.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
No missile. Almost all of the previous acquisitions (AUS, Libya, Lebanon, Spain) were mothballed airframes that were brought to airworthiness @ PAC. Ones bought from France were upgraded to ROSE std in france and flown from there.
HORUS Mirages are unique due to being upgraded fairly recently and were in active service until Egypt started getting slush fund Rafales & Mig29/35s.

Scroll back to my initial postings on this topic, and you will read what I had written. In my opinion, we will not get MICAs from Egypt as they use them on their M2ks. But since they have the requisite "plumbing", you can acquire the missile from other sources.
Understood thanks

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan

If France does not sale us the MICA Missiles, what are the other sources where we can acquire from, any third country with the approval of France or black market?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Why would they when they have their own aircaft to load them on and i dont think they would be retiring the M2K anytime soon
They could buy a certain amount of new MICA missiles...
...while Pak could pay them for that suspiciously same amount of missiles of their older stock of MICA under the table.

So UAE gets to keep the amount it normally stocks...and Pakistan gets a few as well.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
They could buy a certain amount of new MICA missiles...
...while Pak could pay them for that suspiciously same amount of missiles of their older stock of MICA under the table.
If only life was this easy we could buy every aircraft through the middle east without worrying about sanctions

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
If only life was this easy we could buy every aircraft through the middle east without worrying about sanctions
Aircrafts are a lot more obvious to do something like this...it's easier to do with parts...and by that reasoning MICA.
Iran has bought F4 and Mig parts(while officially sanctioned) through various unauthorized buyers...there are other examples of other countries doing the same.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
23 of those mirages were upgraded by SAGEM in 2008 with RC400 Radar, digital cockpit, FLIR and capability to fire MICA missiles. Speculation is these will be inducted into service rather then canablize for spares.
Any pic of digital cockpit?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
23 of those mirages were upgraded by SAGEM in 2008 with RC400 Radar, digital cockpit, FLIR and capability to fire MICA missiles. Speculation is these will be inducted into service rather then canablize for spares.
maybe that was what was being said while hoping the sale gets approved

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
maybe that was what was being said while hoping the sale gets approved
Yes, it was stated as "buying mothballed airframes for cannibalization". Apparently our neighbor to the east was getting bent out of shape at Pakistan acquiring a 50 year old aircraft.