Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 32 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Actually F-7PG is not an unforgiving aircraft, rather a very easy and simple aircraft to fly. One should see the interview of various PAF officers about the aircraft like one by Kaiser Tufail. Wish people would contemplate what they write online, too many empty vessels making a lot of noise, without knowing much about anything.

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
this is something unexpected from her if it really is her handle.
Her handle looks original, just joking, by the way she has improved her knowledge after entering comparing field so sensible talk can be expected from her unlike Mira.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Who's that?
A film actress from Pakistan, who ten years ago had semi naked photo shots in india. She was very controversial in the past, she put the ISI tattoo on her body in that photo shoot. So she was under very harsh criticism. But now after many years she trying to compensate her past.

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan
A film actress from Pakistan, who ten years ago had semi naked photo shots in india. She was very controversial in the past, she put the ISI tattoo on her body in that photo shoot. So she was under very harsh criticism. But now after many years she trying to compensate her past.

she has a crush on PM

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Lol

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
A question on these Mirage's, I know I read an article some time back that had a PAF General or somebody high ranking quoted as saying that most of these from Egypt will be used for parts, but I here you guys talking about standing up new squadrons, have things changed since I saw that article?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes I'm aware...but PAF has been managing with it as a LIFT platform(in absence of a modern platform like the Italian option that was being looked at)...
...to train all pilots...which then go on to pilot Mirages, F16s, F7s, and JF17s. Since the platforms are more or less the same(Mirages, JF17, F16s) with the exception of J15s and J10s...I think PAF can still manage for another decade or so.

When an Air Force or any other service for that matter looks at a platform, it doesn't automatically mean, it is looking at buying it. Sometimes the only intention is to evaluate its capabilities, and then build or get something similar at a better price, or T&C.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
A question on these Mirage's, I know I read an article some time back that had a PAF General or somebody high ranking quoted as saying that most of these from Egypt will be used for parts, but I here you guys talking about standing up new squadrons, have things changed since I saw that article?
23 of those mirages were upgraded by SAGEM in 2008 with RC400 Radar, digital cockpit, FLIR and capability to fire MICA missiles. Speculation is these will be inducted into service rather then canablize for spares.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
23 of those mirages were upgraded by SAGEM in 2008 with RC400 Radar, digital cockpit, FLIR and capability to fire MICA missiles. Speculation is these will be inducted into service rather then canablize for spares.
that should be the case.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
I dont think pakistan has ever gotten any missiles with previous mirage purchases or else we would have MICA on the mirages instead of aim 9