Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 3 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
One UAE M5s were overhauled @ Kamra. Pak/Egyptian military cooperation significantly cooled off post Sadat era.
Just one? I heard the fleet was, hence afte the M2K's were inducted, they were gifted to PAF.

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
@AliYusuf @HRK @TomCat Is it true that the Egyptian M5's used to go to Pakistan for MRO's ?
could not say with surety as some Mirages from unnamed Arab country other than UAE were overhauled in PAC, but this did not happen on regular basis even UAE Mirage-V or Mirage-III were overhauled just one time

note: I do not have ready source available with me, it is what I read may years ago, s telling it on the basis of my memory

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
could not say with surety as some Mirages from unnamed Arab country other than UAE were overhauled in PAC, but this did not happen on regular basis even UAE Mirage-V or Mirage-III were overhauled just one time

note: I do not have ready source available with me, it is what I read may years ago, s telling it on the basis of my memory
I believe UAEAF got the mirages late 70s. They would have only needed one major over haul. They were replaced early 90s with M2ks.

Plus pre Gulf war 1, the UAEAF was more a flying club (no offense ya akhi @Khafee :D ) PAF on the other hand put a lot of miles on the mirages since 67.

Last edited:

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Any news when the Horus shall be delivered or deal dumped.
If we're scuttling them for spare parts, then we'll never hear about it, it'll just be the PAF taking the birds to the wood shed.

If we're retrofitting them for use, then we won't hear about it until the PAF finishes the job and inducts them.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I believe UAEAF got the mirages late 70s. They would have only needed one major over haul. They were replaced early 90s with M2ks.

Plus pre Gulf war 1, the UAEAF was more a flying club (no offense ya akhi @Khafee :D ) PAF on the other hand put a lot of miles on the mirages since 67.

No offense taken.

Mirage_IIIE_Istres_3_july_1976 - Copy.JPG

Abu Dhabi Air Force - Mirage 3E, July 1976, delivery in France.

For me A.D.A.F. brings back childhood memories. :)

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
its a dead deal or they were only to be bought for spares and are already been purchased and cannibalized by now.