Erdogan says Turkey to launch 'air and ground' operation in Syria | Page 7 | World Defense

Erdogan says Turkey to launch 'air and ground' operation in Syria

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Latest map here. The purple is Turkish/FSA advancements on ground. The yellow is Kurdish controlled territory. Green is area of clashes. The red/orange line is the limit of the buffer zone or the farthest the Turks will advance and area they seek to secure.

p_1378w7i591.jpg

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I think this is going to be a big mistake for Turkey, I am sure there a few countries lined up to bleed them.

It's not a mistake, it is a must for Turkey to secure their future and prevent formation of Kurdish vassal state. However, I do agree that the US ands some other countries will take it far with Turkey with either sanctions and/or even military actions. There are a lot of threats going Turkey's way.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Oh, I had no idea the UN had so much power, what are they going to do? let me guess, a strong talking to

A 2216 like resolution the Saudi obtained before launching its military operation in Yemen. This gives an international support which I think is very necessary and also tells you who is your friend and who is not.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Does anyone know whether the Saudi's have pulled out or are they still working with the Kurds?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
A 2216 like resolution the Saudi obtained before launching its military operation in Yemen. This gives an international support which I think is very necessary and also tells you who is your friend and who is not.
I understand what your saying, I just don't think they care.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Does anyone know whether the Saudi's have pulled out or are they still working with the Kurds?

I don't think Saudi's were ever working with Kurds. Just diplomatic statements to punish Turkey for their statements on Yemen and other issues. The US, Israel, UK, France, and Germany are working on the ground with the Kurds.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

We pulled out long ago but we still host the Syrian opposition who reside in Riyadh.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
have you seen this story?

On my last visit to northeastern Syria, I was surprised by the presence of Saudi defense and intelligence officials. As proxy warfare spreads across the region, it is reasonable to guess that Saudi authorities might provide weaponry and intelligence to Syrian Kurds to bleed Turkey, if not destabilize the country internally.

not sure when his last visit to Syria was

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

On my last visit to northeastern Syria, I was surprised by the presence of Saudi defense and intelligence officials. As proxy warfare spreads across the region, it is reasonable to guess that Saudi authorities might provide weaponry and intelligence to Syrian Kurds to bleed Turkey, if not destabilize the country internally.

Saudi Arabia plays no role with the Kurds, he is lying. It is the US, Germany, UK, France and Israel who are arming them and funding them. Saudi Arabia had some officials in Jordan to support rebels of Daraa but that is over now.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is part of the international coalition against ISIS in Syria and Iraq. The Saudis worked hand in hand with the US and other members of the coalition including the Kurds but the objective was to target ISIS not to go after Turkey. Saudi Air force comes after the US in the number of airstrikes carried out inside Syria and Iraq against ISIS.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I wish Pakistan stayed neutral in this matter especially after Saudi Arabia condemned Turkish involvement in Syria. Pakistan should have not picked a side.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I wish Pakistan stayed neutral in this matter especially after Saudi Arabia condemned Turkish involvement in Syria. Pakistan should have not picked a side.
They have picked a side?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0