General Opinion Thread | Page 3 | World Defense

General Opinion Thread

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I am hungry as well, give me suggestions...

Probably a bit too late but some chicken and rice is pretty good :p

Sorry I got distracted by other things bro. I said level-headed because normally this kind of topic turns into some extreme talk about how religious scholars are behind every bad thing in muslim countries and how they need to be wiped out or something. Whereas most of you guys on this thread seem to realise that there is a deep problem in Pakistani society and bad people come from all walks of life not just religious scholars.

Recently I came across a person online who was blaming mullahs for all of Pakistans problems basically and he basically said they needed to be wiped out. It turned out that this person had a reputation for running dodgy businesses in real life and had his hands were pretty dirty. When I found out his hidden information I was like what the heck is this guy smoking? Most people need to take a good long hard look at themselves when they discuss why Pakistan is the way it is. I'm not saying I am some pious person, I'm not, there are many things I need to work on too. Sometimes I read pakistani news and you see some really bad things happening, sometimes quite openly, and it just makes sense why we are the way we are.

Although don't get me wrong. I think Pakistan has many good people without a doubt. It's just we have some very big problems too.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Probably a bit too late but some chicken and rice is pretty good :p

Sorry I got distracted by other things bro. I said level-headed because normally this kind of topic turns into some extreme talk about how religious scholars are behind every bad thing in muslim countries and how they need to be wiped out or something. Whereas most of you guys on this thread seem to realise that there is a deep problem in Pakistani society and bad people come from all walks of life not just religious scholars.

Recently I came across a person online who was blaming mullahs for all of Pakistans problems basically and he basically said they needed to be wiped out. It turned out that this person had a reputation for running dodgy businesses in real life and had his hands were pretty dirty. When I found out his hidden information I was like what the heck is this guy smoking? Most people need to take a good long hard look at themselves when they discuss why Pakistan is the way it is. I'm not saying I am some pious person, I'm not, there are many things I need to work on too. Sometimes I read pakistani news and you see some really bad things happening, sometimes quite openly, and it just makes sense why we are the way we are.

Although don't get me wrong. I think Pakistan has many good people without a doubt. It's just we have some very big problems too.
Thanks for appreciating us,
I have seen mullah off other societies as well, nothing like sh*ts from our society (i am no liberal/secular rather a good religious background) . Yea, they are not the sole bad men, they are just what we can say “samnay samnay”, on the other hand jibran nasir gang is what we can call “peeche peeche”, they try to ignite the hot issues, Mullahs get all roaring on streets... Goal achieved

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Thanks for appreciating us,
I have seen mullah off other societies as well, nothing like sh*ts from our society (i am no liberal/secular rather a good religious background) . Yea, they are not the sole bad men, they are just what we can say “samnay samnay”, on the other hand jibran nasir gang is what we can call “peeche peeche”, they try to ignite the hot issues, Mullahs get all roaring on streets... Goal achieved

Yeh there can be some very dodgy ones in south asia. The good ones we probably don't hear about on the news though since they probably just keep to themselves and spread the knowledge of Islam through society.

I've got two friends in the UK actually who are likely to become scholars in the future. You'd like them though. One's pakistani and one's a goray who became Muslim years ago. Both are very good honest individuals. One's got a degree in political science and the other economics so highly secular educated too since many people like seeing that.

Oh Jibran Nasir, I've been on his twitter before and watched some a few of his videos on youtube. A very dangerous guy in my opinion because he's well spoken & charasmatic.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Religious people are generally ok but their main issue is that they want to speak about everything as if they know everything. They want to speak about politics, medicine, cosmology, chemistry, physics, philosophy and so on. If they stop dictating to people what should and should not do, the Islamic world will be way better off. I mean Muslims know what is permissible and what is not, there is no reason for them to go after everyone.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Religious people are generally ok but their main issue is that they want to speak about everything as if they know everything. They want to speak about politics, medicine, cosmology, chemistry, physics, philosophy and so on. If they stop dictating to people what should and should not do, the Islamic world will be way better off. I mean Muslims know what is permissible and what is not, there is no reason for them to go after everyone.

I don't think what you've said is accurate.

I've been around religious people a lot from my college years onward and I've never really seen them comment heavily on the issues you've mentioned. Even with other fields, let's say for example Biology, they don't really comment on issues other than maybe evolution and that's only because that theory goes against how Islam tells us how humans are created and so it requires the need to be addressed. With regards to things like Politics, everyone talks about that, so why should religious people be shy about their opinion? Philosophy and religion tend to brought up in similar discussions so it would actually make sense for religious people to perhaps talk about it. But anyway, generally religious people don't really talk much about other things any more than irreligious people. Everyone generally talks the same.

No Muslim has total knowledge and amongst Muslims there is definitely ignorance here and there. I've seen all manner of haram things deemed allowed by some people. I even have a friend who constantly tries to bring up his view that alcohol may not be haram. I've seen first hand that many people do not have a good grasp of Islamic basics. There is nothing wrong with telling people not to do things, what matters is how you tell them & it should be in a good manner. I was at gym ages ago and this old man was stood near me, he saw me do something wrong and he so he talked to me and explained nicely that I shouldn't do it. If he hadn't done it, I'd still maybe be doing that bad thing.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not some pious person. I try my best but unfortunately my weaknesses are big and most of you will easily be better Muslims than me. However I don't really see what the problem is with religious people telling people not to do things. It's a good thing if people do that, there's even a verse from the Qur'an about it :

Surah At-Tawbah, verse 112
(Triumphant) are those who turn repentant (to Allah), those who serve (Him), those who praise (Him), those who fast, those who bow down, those who fall prostrate (in worship), those who enjoin the right and who forbid the wrong and those who keep the limits (ordained) of Allah - And give glad tidings to believers!

There is a lot of wrong in Islamic world but most Muslim countries are not run by religious people, it's quite the opposite actually. I feel it's quite bad to say that the Islamic world would be way better off if religious people just telling people what to do & what not to do.

Last edited:

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
@Mangus Ortus Novem Sir, What are you seeing in near future ? Will Nawaz Sharif return ? What will be the conditions probably ? And What this scenerio as a WHOLE has meaning from a DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE something that we aren't even thinking about ?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Mangus Ortus Novem Sir, What are you seeing in near future ? Will Nawaz Sharif return ? What will be the conditions probably ? And What this scenerio as a WHOLE has meaning from a DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE something that we aren't even thinking about ?

Lol. Return to where? He for sure is going to seek asylum.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
You know a lot of pakistanis here run fast-food places. But a lot of our cuisine is just off as "Indian food" even by the people who run these places. Would be better if more of them started to call it pakistani food. I know there are way more important issues but the thought just crossed my mind.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Noone seems to die off or fade into obscurity in the Pakistani politics scene. Someone can lose a power struggle or even be jailed & exiled and they'll be back for another bite out of the country in a few years.

Nawaz sharif and benazir are good major examples (well if she didn't get killed anyway she might've had another bite).

A minor example is someone like Amir Liaqat, the guys a obvious liar and faker, even faked his degrees and got caught discussing some inappropriate things whilst he ran some religious tv show. Yet he's on TV still and a part of PTI apparently. Why do we never get rid of people like this? There needs to be some stigma or pressure to prevent them from regaining their position.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
You know a lot of pakistanis here run fast-food places. But a lot of our cuisine is just off as "Indian food" even by the people who run these places. Would be better if more of them started to call it pakistani food. I know there are way more important issues but the thought just crossed my mind.
By Indian food, they are generalizing it to sub continent, however, someone has to start breaking this stereotype as the difference between the cuisines is vast in terms of recipes and taste

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Best way for Muslims to react to Quran burning stunt in Norway is to just ignore it and continue your lives. But, instead they chose to show up, protest, and attack the guy when they could have ignored him and he would get no attention whatsoever. The guy is mentally ill, has no life and looking for attention in his life and he gets it.

Allah(SWT) is not affected by such acts or anything his creation do. He is self sufficient and doesn't need us. We were the ones who asked for this life and demanded this trial and thus were sent here.

So my advice to Muslims don't try to act like heroes in your community and act all outraged protesting when your most effective way of protesting such matters is ignoring such events. And hate is combatted by the way, by the majority opposing such views.

We Muslims need better leadership among our social circles. Educated Imam's who know such no name figures are just looking for attention and best response is continuing lives normally.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

Bro, we really don't have religious people running our countries. All we have is clerics appointed by the state to fit state government agenda for society using their religious influence. Or other people who love the attention of being seen as as a good Muslim and the social status that comes with it. Actual good Muslims hardly play a role and they are just reserved to themselves.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Another advice for Muslims, work to develop Muslim nations and integrating Islam into modern society to make Muslim nations a safe haven and place of refugee for each other. Don't get too caught up into the social trends in Europe or elsewhere, they always have phases where there are far right trends. You shouldn't get yourself involved and let the local majority mostly deal with that. We never had anything to do with world war one or world war two or other internal social conflicts in Europe. It's not our region, why add stress and problems of pretending like we should fix stuff there? Especially with endless list of problems in Muslim nations?

Isn't what we ideally hope for is a developed and modern Muslim world where religion is not separated from church? So invest in those countries of origins of yours and if you are able maybe purchase property there. One day you will be able to use your attained skills into use in your countries of origin. Similar to how the Jews of Europe left to the USA or Palestine, we may one day move to Muslim nations even if we weren't born there.

As an American Palestinian born in the US, if Palestine wasn't under occupation I wouldn't mind living there. Because I see the Middle East as having lots of potential, since they are still developing. And it is beautiful land with lots of sites to see. I hope to see a day where the Middle East and Asian Muslim countries advance in all fields, develop more modern mindset and practice Islam rightly and be good to one another.

But regarding Europe and its internal politics, don't get yourself involved as a minority and let the majority people deal with these trends. We have nothing to do with Europe or their problems. And we have no reason to try changing people there regardless. We DO have an obligation to better the Middle East and Asian Muslim nations to make them a place of refugee for future Muslims who want to live in religious and modern society.