Health & Fitness | Page 3 | World Defense

Health & Fitness

InspiredToWrite

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a person that advocates balance and portion control over all these fad diets that exist in the world today. Our bodies need a certain amount of fat and sugars in suitable quantities, these are perfectly acceptable. People often go wrong on meal sizes. If necessary food should be weighed if lack of self control or lack of knowledge is an issue.

Umaima

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Another big piece to keeping the weight off is staying hydrated. Your body cannot burn fat unless you are properly hydrated. It's important that you drink between 60-80oz of water per day to maintain proper hydration. Don't go overboard - you'll be visiting the bathroom all the time!
It is better that when we get up early in the morning we take water as much as we can bear to drink water. After that your all stomach will be clean from junks. I did not take proper diet in my life but I can say who are taking water without eat anything. Their body will be very strong and they can take their breakfast very smooth.

Umaima

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Exercise in the only key to main your health. But I suggest that morning walk can fit your body and you will more strong in old. I suggest one more thing that we need to take 3 to 4 glass of water early in the morning. Our stomach will be clean and we can take our breakfast very smooth.

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's
I will not even ask why the other thread was closed. I will just dive into this one. I lost a lot of weight last year because I ate very small portions of food in every meal. I stayed away from junk food and only indulged in a big bag of fries on Sundays. I also walked a lot in the evenings and while visiting places. Most of my clothes do not fit right now. I was not trying to lose the weight, it just happened.

That's great and a testament to how small and big changes to our daily habits can impact us greatly, often for the better. Keep it up :)

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
It's great to see there's a lot of similar advice going around here. Theres a bit of the stereotype that people who spend alot of leisure time on their computers are generally big and unfit. However in this age of society, the majority of people live sedentary lives whether through work, at home or at their studies. And also, everyone is exposed to the unhealthy foods aren't there. Really, as everyone has been saying, it is all about having a bit of a think around long term health and wellness. Making small changes and looking to change your lifestyle rather than jumping on the latest fad diet bandwagon. Props to everyone who have had some great successes, and props to those who are continuing to try to reach these. All you need to do is find the 1-2 things that work for you, to get you on the right path and then enjoy the ride :)

MrDan89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would briefly share my story...

I was a very overweight teenager - 5"9 and 19 Stone! After trying many fad and silly diets I was offered a dietary pill by a friend, these pills made me sick, miserable and depressed. I lost weight so fast people thought I was seriously ill, I had no colour in my face and was gaunt. Eventually, I got down to a sensible weight but I was diagnosed with depression. I dropped the pills immediately as I I was at a healthy weight but as soon as I did it started to pile back on again.

After a lot of soul searching and research I've been happy ever since. I cycle over 2000 miles a year, eat reasonably well and I've never been happier. The key is to focus on yourself before you start trying out crazy schemes and rituals to help lose the weight and stay healthy!

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I try to stay as healthy as possible. I do that by exercising regularly. Usually 4-5 times per week. I take a couple of days, usually on the weekends to kind of recharge my batteries and rest my body. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I try not to eat out all the time, but I do treat myself to a guilty pleasure every now and then. Definitely would recommend drinking a lot of water and a lot of exercise.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would briefly share my story...

I was a very overweight teenager - 5"9 and 19 Stone! After trying many fad and silly diets I was offered a dietary pill by a friend, these pills made me sick, miserable and depressed. I lost weight so fast people thought I was seriously ill, I had no colour in my face and was gaunt. Eventually, I got down to a sensible weight but I was diagnosed with depression. I dropped the pills immediately as I I was at a healthy weight but as soon as I did it started to pile back on again.

After a lot of soul searching and research I've been happy ever since. I cycle over 2000 miles a year, eat reasonably well and I've never been happier. The key is to focus on yourself before you start trying out crazy schemes and rituals to help lose the weight and stay healthy!

Its good to hear that you are happy. While being fit is important long term, it by no means should be the most important thing in your life. If you found that you were still depressed after losing the weight than the problem obviously wasn't the weight in the first place, sure it would be a contributing factor, but you found an underlying cause when you were diagnosed with depression. It seems like you have found something you love doing in cycling. That is good because having a hobby/passion that keeps you active is a great way to stay in shape.

I should mention that Diet Pills can work short term, but if you then go off them without making significant changes to your lifestyle you will return to you're previous habits and regain the weight. That seems to be what happened to you at first. You then made those changes and I think that has really helped you in being happy.

mikka254

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Kenya
As for me, I have been changing my diet regularly depending on the metabolism rate I'm experiencing. There are times when I'm extremely active when I lift weights and mix a little cardio (jump rope). Before the work out, I drink plenty of water and I make sure that I've fueled up on enough cards and protein for energy. After my workout, I make sure my food has more protein than carbs to make sure that my body repairs itself correctly. When I'm not working out, my portions are set on sustaining mode.

kjonesm1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I'm a person that advocates balance and portion control over all these fad diets that exist in the world today. Our bodies need a certain amount of fat and sugars in suitable quantities, these are perfectly acceptable. People often go wrong on meal sizes. If necessary food should be weighed if lack of self control or lack of knowledge is an issue.
I'm a huge fan of moderation in everything. I don't restrict what foods or the alcohol I intake. I do try to get in my 3 to 5 servings in fruits and veggies, but I don't melt down if I have an ice cream cone. I hardly get sick and I've always been fit.

User

Reactions
46 3 0
Country
Pakistan
This is a good thread.
I love gym and she is my gf. But it`s been 8 years we have broken up. Sometimes I still miss her.

User

Reactions
46 3 0
Country
Pakistan
I once decided to join the Gym, dropped out the next day.D:-D
Most people do that. Some stay for a few days and when they don`t see any noticeable difference, they get disheartened and ditch it.