Iranian Affairs | Page 33 | World Defense

Iranian Affairs

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What is Zarif ranting about, Khomeini described the Iran-Iraq war as "a gift from God" and the ceasefire agreement as a "chalice of poison."
Now he does a U turn to shed crocodile tears. Perfect example of the terrorist regime living in a fantasy world.

KHOMEINI ACCEPTS 'POISON' OF ENDING THE WAR WITH IRAQ; U.N. SENDING MISSION
THE NEW YORK TIMES
JULY 21, 1988

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
I'm sorry, I dont get it. Pls explain what this video proves?
Video from IRGC drone tracking USS Boxer after time Trump said USS Boxer shot down the drone.

But this is nothing, bigger news just breaking now...

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
IRAN SEIZES BRITISH-FLAGGED STENA IMPERO OIL TANKER IN STRAIT OF HORMUZ

Earlier today, Gibraltar Supreme Court extended UK detention period of Iranian Grace 1 oil tanker for another 30 days. In response, almost immediately, Iran confirmed it seized the British-flagged Stena Impero oil tanker.

Iran warned that it would respond likewise to the British action if they did not release the ship, and they delivered on their promise.

I have a feeling Grace 1 tanker will be released soon... :)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
IRAN SEIZES BRITISH-FLAGGED STENA IMPERO OIL TANKER IN STRAIT OF HORMUZ

Earlier today, Gibraltar Supreme Court extended UK detention period of Iranian Grace 1 oil tanker for another 30 days. In response, almost immediately, Iran confirmed it seized the British-flagged Stena Impero oil tanker.

Iran warned that it would respond likewise to the British action if they did not release the ship, and they delivered on their promise.

I have a feeling Grace 1 tanker will be released soon... :)
As we speak, where is Stena Impero?

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
As we speak, where is Stena Impero?
Latest tracking showed it in Iranian waters already (after suddenly departing from international waters), then it stopped sending its location. That was almost 2 hours ago now, but already even by then it's too late to do anything. Now IRGC confirmed it was seized, it is probably already at Qeshm or Larak Island.

Confirmed that Iran used military patrol boats and helicopter(s) in this action.

I predict UK will swap Grace 1 for this and UK will learn their lesson not to follow US instructions and everyone will be happy. But let's see...

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
UK was prepared for this, things could get ugly.

Elite British SBS special forces soldiers ‘sent to Persian Gulf to protect ships from Iranian attacks’ as tensions soar
23 Jun 2019

PREPARED FOR WAR Iran threat sees British Special Forces ‘joining US strike force’ in the Gulf
19 May 2019

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
UK was prepared for this, things could get ugly.

Elite British SBS special forces soldiers ‘sent to Persian Gulf to protect ships from Iranian attacks’ as tensions soar
23 Jun 2019

PREPARED FOR WAR Iran threat sees British Special Forces ‘joining US strike force’ in the Gulf
19 May 2019
The Sun is garbage and always has stupid sensationalist headlines. Every time Iran has military parade the Sun/Express say things like "WW3 IMMINENT - IRAN SHOWS DEADLY NEW WEAPONS TO DESTROY US"

Even if it's true, looks like the special forces didn't help much...

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Info on the British-flagged oil tanker that was seized:

Given that Grace 1 is nearly 5 times bigger, both countries just should keep the confiscated tankers, and move on with life. (:-)

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Given that Grace 1 is nearly 5 times bigger, both countries just should keep the confiscated tankers, and move on with life. (:-)

Grace 1 was built over 20 years ago, this is a brand new ship, probably quite close in cost.

They will be traded and life will go on, but this was a logical response by Iran to UK detaining and still refusing to release Grace 1.

Iran seized Royal Marines in the past and nothing happened, this will not cause major problems in my opinion.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Grace 1 was built over 20 years ago, this is a brand new ship, probably quite close in cost.

They will be traded and life will go on, but this was a logical response by Iran to UK detaining and still refusing to release Grace 1.

Iran seized Royal Marines in the past and nothing happened, this will not cause major problems in my opinion.
Grace1 was breaking a UN Embargo, and Stena Impero hijacked from Int'l waters. This is not going to go down well.