Iranian hand in attacks on Saudi Oil installations; a continued legacy of meddling in other countries | World Defense

Iranian hand in attacks on Saudi Oil installations; a continued legacy of meddling in other countries

IbnAbdullah

Reactions
74 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Salaam

View attachment 9972

As far as Air power is concerned Saudia is way ahead of Iran, even there airdefenses are far superior then the Iranians. Iran does have a qualitative edge when it comes to ground and naval forces @Khafee @Scorpion can you shed some light on the above snapshot.

I always assuned that with the billions the Saudis spend on the military it would be a humongous beast but their forces are surprisingly small.

I wonder if the Saudis are willing to fight if these attacks continue and if the US doesn't act.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Please refer to

Cruise missile Quds-1 Iranian made. It was intercepted by the RSAD. It was launched along with the drones that hit Aramco. The missile was used to distract the Air Defense from the drones. I hope the US do make fast progress in delivering the THAAD system.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Attacks On Saudi Oil Facilities Foster Suspicions Of Use Of Quds Or Soumar Cruise Missiles
H I SuttonContributor
Aerospace & Defense

The attacks Saturday on the Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities in Saudi Arabia have sent oil prices soaring. The assault was claimed by the Houthi movement (Ansar Allah), who have been fighting a bitter war with a Saudi-led coalition in Yemen since 2015. Unlike other Houthi missile attacks, the oil-processing plants, far away from Yemen in the northeast of Saudi Arabia, were hit in a coordinated attack, multiple times and with surgical precision.

While initial reports stated that drones were used in the attack, one possible scenario, unconfirmed at the time of writing, is that Tomahawk-like cruise missiles were employed, fired either from Iran or an Iranian base in Iraq.
Quds-1 cruise missile

Artist's impression of Quds-1 cruise missileH I SUTTON (AUTHOR)

Images circulated after the attack on social media of the wreckage of what was claimed to be a missile in the Saudi desert. The date and location of the images could not be ascertained.

Iran does have a cruise missile that would fit the bill: the Soumar, which was revealed during a ceremony in March 2015.

Externally it is almost identical to the distinctive Kh-55 missile, known as AS-15 Kent by NATO. This was developed during the Cold War as a nuclear-capable air-launched missile to arm Soviet strategic bombers. It’s still in service with the Russian Air Force.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, some missiles ended up in Ukrainian hands. Iran allegedly received several of these Ukrainian examples on the black market in the early 2000s, hence the reverse-engineered Soumar missile.

The Iranian copy is, however, armed with a conventional explosive warhead and is launched from a truck instead of a bomber.

Link :
hxxps://www.forbes dot com/sites/hisutton/2019/09/16/attacks-on-saudi-oil-facilities-foster-suspicions-of-use-of-quds-or-soumar-cruise-missiles/#5497c5135593

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
@Shazam

My dear Pak,

Thanks for sharing... quite a dangerous development... if seen from broader perspective this is an attack on not only KSA but on the entire supply chain... from upstrean to down stream of KSA investments.. so it goes beyond supply ... the damage is quite huge @Scorpion ?

Persian crude is off line at least in the open market... however, it is available in the black market. Persians have a capacity of 3.6/3.7 million barrels per day... almost equal to the production loss of KSA. Funny?

Regardless, this is very dangerous development.... all those who have their productions up and running cann't still provide the shortfall of off-line of KSA production.. save US and Iran... both can supply the market.

Let us see what the meeting between OrangeKing and Iranian president brings to fore...

Yesterday, PakMedia reported that there were a couple GanguSpies caught ... they came from iranian side once again...

Afghan PeaceDealDead shall force US to cosy up to Persia again same as in the case of IraqWar and attack on Afghanistan... so both have strategic needs to be closer once again.

I hope Pak stands firmly with KSA!

Mangus

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
@Shazam

My dear Pak,

Thanks for sharing... quite a dangerous development... if seen from broader perspective this is an attack on not only KSA but on the entire supply chain... from upstrean to down stream of KSA investments.. so it goes beyond supply ... the damage is quite huge @Scorpion ?

Persian crude is off line at least in the open market... however, it is available in the black market. Persians have a capacity of 3.6/3.7 million barrels per day... almost equal to the production loss of KSA. Funny?

Regardless, this is very dangerous development.... all those who have their productions up and running cann't still provide the shortfall of off-line of KSA production.. save US and Iran... both can supply the market.

Let us see what the meeting between OrangeKing and Iranian president brings to fore...

Yesterday, PakMedia reported that there were a couple GanguSpies caught ... they came from iranian side once again...

Afghan PeaceDealDead shall force US to cosy up to Persia again same as in the case of Iraq War and attack on Afghanistan... so both have strategic needs to be closer once again.
Thank you for posting the very thoughts I would have posted myself but perhaps not as definitively as you have put it without mincing any words.

I hope Pak stands firmly with KSA!
So do I.

If we look at the recent history from the perspective of results instead of what went on in the culmination towards the events that transpired then it becomes clear as daylight i.e. The current standard of support that has quietly and unceremoniously crept up on relations off late and taken a new dimension of its own after the recent country to country exchanges between Pakistan and Saudia as well as the rest of GCC, seem to have adopted a quieter SOP, be it diplomatic, economic or military. I would keep my eyes on what takes place as a result instead of what is being portrayed or meets the eye in any buildup.

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Thank you for posting the very thoughts I would have posted myself but perhaps not as definitively as you have put it without mincing any words.

So do I.

If we look at the recent history from the perspective of results instead of what went on in the culmination towards the events that transpired then it becomes clear as daylight i.e. The current standard of support that has quietly and unceremoniously crept up on relations off late and taken a new dimension of its own after the recent country to country exchanges between Pakistan and Saudia as well as the rest of GCC, seem to have adopted a quieter SOP, be it diplomatic, economic or military. I would keep my eyes on what takes place as a result instead of what is being portrayed or meets the eye in any buildup.

True, indeed. Given that even in OurOwnLand we have to watch over our backs for the implants/grafted tools.. mostly conditioned and some down right on the payroll or part of bigger smuggling networks...

Yes, Quietly is the new modus operandi ... even now we see in #MarasiMedia 'analysts' doing dallas... looks like we are taken hostage in our own land... on another forum esteemed RT cracked the code with ruthless clarity... which we always say in mutted wishpers...

Point to ponder: PKR1Trillion annual smuggling from one western border alone is causing us massively in GoP revenues which otherwise, could have been spent on education/health ... servicing of debt... you know what I mean.

@Khafee and I discussed how to bring PKR to about 130... and funnily GoP is doing NOTHING to do this....

Do you know where the CashDollars go other than AyanAliTravels?

It saddens me that we have been subsidising 'others' at the cost of our own childeren....

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Pak Media reports on Saudi Government investigating about the source of the attack and inviting international participation in investigations.

The cctv fotage shows the extent of damage caused by the attack. The fire that engulfs the area seem to have a number of people. May Allah have mercy on the deceased workers and grant swift recovery to the injured.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia resume oil output to pre-attack level, oil prices fall. There will be an announcement tomorrow regarding the attack., it origin, the dornes/missiles used.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Quds

Soumar

Hoveizeh

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia resume oil output to pre-attack level, oil prices fall. There will be an announcement tomorrow regarding the attack., it origin, the dornes/missiles used.

Well done.... this is a slap on the face of script writers of sabotage, it's supporters, cheerleaders and propagandists.
May the goodness prevail and axis of evil find themselves in the hole dig by themselves.

So guys... How did enemy reach Abqaiq? My doubts are on Hofuf public!

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee @Scorpion @Shazam @BATMAN

It is not just a terrorist attack. We must look at the broader spectrum.

Yes, it is apparant damage and drones/CM ... but in essense it is EconomicTerrorAttack which is the objective. It is immaterial whether KSA can bounce back in a day or a week... what is critical in StrategicAnalysis is that KSA is now subjected to EconomicTerrorism.

Without a multi-dimmensional response spectrum... just a military response is not going to stop this new facet of war on KSA.

Hopefully, analyst/planners in KSA have clarity to dechiper the new HybriWarFront opened against KSA.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Who are the beneficiaries? Iran, US and Russia.

Hopefully, analyst/planners in KSA have clarity to dechiper the new HybriWarFront opened against KSA.
Sauid Arabia has been very successful in rooting out local terrorist groups and individuals.
They also successfully countered all the uprising from shiet areas, sponsored by Iran.
Now they have been destroying missiles fired from Yemen, almost on daily basis.... i don't think there's any more protection they can add to stop missile, or attack on soft targets.
Saudi need to plan ways to retaliate but first need to segregate friends from foes.

Last edited:

Mangus Ortus Novem

Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Who are the beneficiaries? Iran, US and Russia.

Sauid Arabia has been very successfully in rooting out local terrorist and groups and individuals.
They also successfully counter all the uprising from shiet areas, sponsored by Iran.
Now they have been destroying missiles fired from Yemen, almost on daily basis.... i don't think there's any more protection they can add to stop missile, or attack on soft targets.
Saudi need to plan ways to retaliate but first need to segregate friends from foes.

That is my point exactly.

I see it as EconomicTerroristAttack and not conventioal TerrorAttack. Hence, KSA needs to craft a counter strategy that hurts the economic viability of sponors/planners of such attacks.

Otherwise, it is going to be EconomicTerrorAttacks leading to war of atrition...which is going to cost more to the Kingdom and have adverse effects on Pak National Security as well.

It is in Pakistan's Strategic Interests that KSA and UAE remain economically strong and stable.

Anyhow, looking at the response from KSA so far they are trying to find the sponsors as well.. hence the annoucement of having the EconomicTerrorAttack to be investigated by UN....