JF-17 related news. | Page 14 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Point to be noted is that its being build around an advanced version of WS15 engine of China.

I'm not sure but I'm hoping it can be developed quickly so that there is no gap between JF-17 production ending and Azm beginning. It would be sad if Bilal Khan Quwa is right and Project Azm comes to life in 2045 or something like that.

Because I am rooting for Project Azm to start quickly, I am hoping it will be a relatively simple design (and not a mini F-22 or F-35). Rather, at the relative stealth of the Russian Su-57. A single engine WS-15 makes most sense to me as it would be relatively cheaper to maintain than twin engines. Even though the CAS said otherwise, I think that was before initial design study. And requirements can always change with time.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Mein ACM saheb ko call karta hon, Bolta hon ke mujhe Thunder marketing head candidate mil gaya (:-)

Agar esa hua, bhai hum ap ke assistant bunne chahte hein. Translation - I want to be his assistant if he does become marketing head :)

I personally would take the thunder to every single potential buyer, let their boys sit in the cockpit and explain all its features. This should not only be countries in Africa, Asia, South America, but smaller European countries that can't afford to buy F-16s or Gripen.

We should also offer them wet lease options. Additionally, we should offer them used options (older block PAF JF-17s).

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
JF-17 BLOCK 3 UPDATE: The Pakistan Air Force has selected the Russian Klimov RD-93MA engine for the JF-17 Block 3 aircraft rather than the Chinese WS-13 engine. The RD-93MA is a modified and improved version of the RD-93 currently being used by JF-17 Block 1 and 2 aircraft, which has been modified by Klimov to meet PAF requirements. It is a more powerful, quieter, fuel-efficient, and smokeless version of the RD-93. (photo below is of RD-93) | #Pakistan #PakistanAirForce #PAF #JF17 #Klimov #RD93MA
FB_IMG_1593344597932.jpg

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
JF-17 BLOCK 3 UPDATE: The Pakistan Air Force has selected the Russian Klimov RD-93MA engine for the JF-17 Block 3 aircraft rather than the Chinese WS-13 engine. The RD-93MA is a modified and improved version of the RD-93 currently being used by JF-17 Block 1 and 2 aircraft, which has been modified by Klimov to meet PAF requirements. It is a more powerful, quieter, fuel-efficient, and smokeless version of the RD-93. (photo below is of RD-93) | #Pakistan #PakistanAirForce #PAF #JF17 #Klimov #RD93MA
View attachment 14148
Update on PAF: "JF-17 Block-3's Engine" ?? ⚡

JF-17 Block-3 will use "RD-93M". This engine is specially designed by "Kilmov" for JF-17 Thunder. This new variant will provide better thrust which will help in achieving better "Thrust to Weight Ratio".

✅ Guizhou WS-13 Engine by Guizhou AIC

PAF won't be selecting WS-13 engine for JF-17 Block-3. Some basic reasons why WS-13 won't power JF-17 Thunder are as follows:

1. Needs minor modifications in fuselage of JF-17 Thunder to house WS-13 engine.

2. WS-13 engine is not a mature platform as compared to RD-93M.

3. Opting WS-13 engine means, PAF would need new maintenance facility which is not cost effective solution.

4. WS-13 provides little more thrust than RD-93M, which means it has no significant edge over RD-93M.

5. WS-13 engine doesn't provide more "Service Hours" than RD-93M.

✅ Conclusion

Replacing RD-93 with WS-13 is not cost effective solution(New Maintenance Facilities required). Moreover, WS-13 has no significant performance edge over RD-93M (Thrust etc). WS-13 is not a mature platform as compared to RD-93.

PAF is satisfied with RD-93 engine & it is providing excellent service to JF-17 Thunder & PAF.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
i think our engineers have already sorted out the black smoke problem, i wish we go for a TOT for this engine

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
I'm not sure but I'm hoping it can be developed quickly so that there is no gap between JF-17 production ending and Azm beginning. It would be sad if Bilal Khan Quwa is right and Project Azm comes to life in 2045 or something like that.

Because I am rooting for Project Azm to start quickly, I am hoping it will be a relatively simple design (and not a mini F-22 or F-35). Rather, at the relative stealth of the Russian Su-57. A single engine WS-15 makes most sense to me as it would be relatively cheaper to maintain than twin engines. Even though the CAS said otherwise, I think that was before initial design study. And requirements can always change with time.
2045? where did he said that??

even if this project is late, i dont expect it to be beyond 2035.......By that time world will be flying 6/7th gen jets anyway.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Update on PAF: "JF-17 Block-3's Engine" ?? ⚡

JF-17 Block-3 will use "RD-93M". This engine is specially designed by "Kilmov" for JF-17 Thunder. This new variant will provide better thrust which will help in achieving better "Thrust to Weight Ratio".

✅ Guizhou WS-13 Engine by Guizhou AIC

PAF won't be selecting WS-13 engine for JF-17 Block-3. Some basic reasons why WS-13 won't power JF-17 Thunder are as follows:

1. Needs minor modifications in fuselage of JF-17 Thunder to house WS-13 engine.

2. WS-13 engine is not a mature platform as compared to RD-93M.

3. Opting WS-13 engine means, PAF would need new maintenance facility which is not cost effective solution.

4. WS-13 provides little more thrust than RD-93M, which means it has no significant edge over RD-93M.

5. WS-13 engine doesn't provide more "Service Hours" than RD-93M.

✅ Conclusion

Replacing RD-93 with WS-13 is not cost effective solution(New Maintenance Facilities required). Moreover, WS-13 has no significant performance edge over RD-93M (Thrust etc). WS-13 is not a mature platform as compared to RD-93.

PAF is satisfied with RD-93 engine & it is providing excellent service to JF-17 Thunder & PAF.
total bull''''''

WS13E's wet thrust is around 100kn RD93MA'S only is at 86kn, we even saw blk3 prototype taking off WITHOUT AFTERBURNERS in december with WS13E

Total bakwas............as for maintenance, whenever u induct something new, u need to have better facilities to handle it, its natural!!! SOMEBODY has given a very bhoodi excuse. What about J10s, J15s, F16 Blk70's GE F110?? wont their engines need maintenance facilities?
What load of crap

Seems somebody's pockets r being filled in PAF by Russians.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom

Currently there is no engine available to PAF which would support a single engine stealth fighter. For PAF in that category there can only be one fighter a d it will have to be twin engined on account of range required and enough internal armaments carrying capability.
A

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
total bull''''''

WS13E's wet thrust is around 100kn RD93MA'S only is at 86kn, we even saw blk3 prototype taking off WITHOUT AFTERBURNERS in december with WS13E

Total bakwas............as for maintenance, whenever u induct something new, u need to have better facilities to handle it, its natural!!! SOMEBODY has given a very bhoodi excuse. What about J10s, J15s, F16 Blk70's GE F110?? wont their engines need maintenance facilities?
What load of crap

Seems somebody's pockets r being filled in PAF by Russians.
How do you infer that? RD93 had thrust more than 86Kn and T:W ratio of 1.09 was reported widely by reliable people like Muradk and Bilal Khan 777 who were both X PAF. The reasons given are in line with what PAF has been saying since 2012. WS13 is not mature and PAF will not take that risk. Your statement regarding someone lining their pockets needs reconsideration.
A

Last edited: