Karachi Club | World Defense

Karachi Club

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Non-Karachiites wont like what I am about to say, but be it Nihari, Sheermal, Bihari Kabab, Taftan or BIRYANI, you simply cant get it as good as you get it in Karachi.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Used to live in PECHS society, went to Gulistan school, left Karachi in 1989 at age 12 after someone wrote Punjabi kutton per Lanat hai on our wall. I have never been back as slowly my whole family moved to the USA/Canada/Norway. We still have a house there locked for almost 30 years. Portion is used by our neighbour who keeps it away from land mafia.
I really really wish some day to visit again and see places where I grew up. I remember going to place called Bundoo Khan and I can still taste the flavour of their paratha and halwa even after 30 years.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Used to live in PECHS society, went to Gulistan school, left Karachi in 1989 at age 12 after someone wrote Punjabi kutton per Lanat hai on our wall. I have never been back as slowly my whole family moved to the USA/Canada/Norway. We still have a house there locked for almost 30 years. Portion is used by our neighbour who keeps it away from land mafia.
I really really wish some day to visit again and see places where I grew up. I remember going to place called Bundoo Khan and I can still taste the flavour of their paratha and halwa even after 30 years.
A friend of mine lives near PECHS Blk6, in Memoodabad. SO I know that area pretty well.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I went on google maps and found our house. Its in shambles. I heard from my mom that it is literally falling and no amount of repair can fix it. My uncles got into a fight over my grand parents property and no one spent a penny fixing it in the last 25 years. Sad state of affairs. People living there decided to cut off our mango trees because they said some tree disease too over. Then the robbers came tied them up and broke locks and stole everything ....and I mean everything....from antiques to decorations to family pictures all gone......

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I went on google maps and found our house. Its in shambles. I heard from my mom that it is literally falling and no amount of repair can fix it. My uncles got into a fight over my grand parents property and no one spent a penny fixing it in the last 25 years. Sad state of affairs. People living there decided to cut off our mango trees because they said some tree disease too over. Then the robbers came tied them up and broke locks and stole everything ....and I mean everything....from antiques to decorations to family pictures all gone......
Sometimes, I feel God has seen it fit to punish me, and relatives are his instrument. |0|

Thorough Pro

Reactions
314 6 0
Country
Pakistan
I belong to two clubs only, Islam and Pakistan.
There is no end to peeling an onion, in the end, one is left with nothing but unusable rotten core.

We seem to have a lot of members from Karachi, and despite me asking them to open up a thread dedicated to Karachites, they were too lazy.

@Zulu @Counter-Errorist @Zeeman @Thorough Pro @TomCat @baqai and everyone else, feel free to use this thread.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
That is just plain sad :(

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Karachi wala who grew up all over Pakistan.
Born PAF Masroor
1st posting PAF Peerpatho thatta
2nd posting PAF Badaber
PAF Sakesar
PAF Sargodha (CCS)
PAF Faisal
PAF Malir

Favorite food joints from days gone by..

Waheed kebab burns road (seekh fry)
Sabri Buhari
Student Biryani (when it was a small cart)
Meerut kebab house
Kachumar machli from Nazimabad post office
Agha juice nazimabad 2 number
Quetta sajji house on Hasan square.
A hole in the wall katakat place in arambagh ( we used to go triple sawari on a 125)
Bundu Khan

A little tidbit @Zulu will appreciate. My NIC started with 492 when Karachi NIC were 512/513. I did my engineering from NED, so all the sindhis in the administration would look at my NIC and then my face 20 times before doing anything :)

And my facial features are a bit central Asian, so all pathan conductors in buses thought I was Tajik or something:p.

Last edited:

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
born in karachi, brought up in karachi, living in karachi, have had diverse life here, been to almost every part of Karachi from banaras, katti pahari, al-asif square to malir cantt and beyond.

although i would love to live either in Lahore or Islamabad but that's have more to do with my love for nature and also due to my sinus problems i would rather have fresh air than polluted air

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
My khandaan is mostly in Karachi. I was born and raised abroad but made frequent visits to Karachi, couchsurfing across the khandaan.
Spent a lot of time in Nazimabad (papush / gol market), North Nazimabad, Bufferzone, Shadman and Azizabad.

Then when I moved to Karachi, stayed at KAECHS (across from Mehmoodabad) for 5 years.

Has anyone tried the biryani at Handi Tonight? Highly recommended, cooked and served in a handi. They deliver too.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
My khandaan is mostly in Karachi. I was born and raised abroad but made frequent visits to Karachi, couchsurfing across the khandaan.
Spent a lot of time in Nazimabad (papush / gol market), North Nazimabad, Bufferzone, Shadman and Azizabad.

Then when I moved to Karachi, stayed at KAECHS (across from Mehmoodabad) for 5 years.

Has anyone tried the biryani at Handi Tonight? Highly recommended, cooked and served in a handi. They deliver too.

My school was S.T Lawrences Boys School which is in Soldier Bazar so spend 10 years or so roaming around the streets there, my college was Govt College For Men Nazimabad so two years were well spent outside Sir Syed Girls College and surroundings lol at that time I was living in Block 12 F.B.Area (Gulberg Chaurangi), friends and collegemates were around bufferzone, azizabad, gulshan and surroundings

Shifted to DHA Karachi near Sultan Mosque and have been here for nearly 25 years now, half of my life has been "nazimabad ka maila" and half being "dha ka burger" ... almost all of my nanyaal is towards hyderi and nazimabad side, susral is in gol market

i am a foodie so you name it and i have been there, and no Jawed ki nehari is over rated just because few burgers learned about it, real nehari is either waheed or idrees sue for me this

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
Non-Karachiites wont like what I am about to say, but be it Nihari, Sheermal, Bihari Kabab, Taftan or BIRYANI, you simply cant get it as good as you get it in Karachi.
i tried nalli biryani this time from gulshan near imtiaz super market ?