KFX Fighter Full-Scale Mockup At ADEX19 | Page 2 | World Defense

KFX Fighter Full-Scale Mockup At ADEX19

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
The final design has already been made with conformal weapon in mind. So I think it doesnt need to be redesigned. The plane is also bigger than F 35. This is a statement from person inside the program:

Google Translate from Korean.

An official of the development team said, "There is space to make space for internal armed windows and change all avionics equipment to conformal type." "Now we are developing and integrating each technology into the field of making the first full-scale fighter aircraft." . In order for the KF-X to have a stealth function, it must wait until the block 2, or block 3, is produced. However, no one can guarantee that we will be able to go to Block 2 and Block 3 at any time. The level of technology is also a matter of concern, but it has not been discussed at all in the mid to long term.

Here is the source:

Another one:

To allow the jet to hold such equipment, KAI designed the KFX’s fuselage to resemble a stealth jet akin to Lockheed Martin’s F-22. Most of the sensors are located inside the aircraft, while the four air-to-air missiles installed on the KFX are half buried in the central part of the fuselage. Space was also left on the aircraft for the future installation of an internal weapons bay - a characteristic component of stealth fighters.

According to one KAI spokesperson, once the KFX’s stealth capacity is enhanced, it will be comparable to the F-117 - Lockheed Martin’s famed stealth attack aircraft that outclasses the F-35 in numerous ways.

Here is the source:

1572963008820.png

I am new to the KF-X. Where exactly the conformal weapon's bay is to be attached?
Do you think a conformal weapon's bay is as good as a designed-in internal weapon's bay?
I would still hazard a guess that it would be a trade-off in the stealth profile for the sake of the mission profile.
But that is my humble opinion.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The final design has already been made with conformal weapon in mind. So I think it doesnt need to be redesigned. The plane is also bigger than F 35. This is a statement from person inside the program:

Google Translate from Korean.

An official of the development team said, "There is space to make space for internal armed windows and change all avionics equipment to conformal type." "Now we are developing and integrating each technology into the field of making the first full-scale fighter aircraft." . In order for the KF-X to have a stealth function, it must wait until the block 2, or block 3, is produced. However, no one can guarantee that we will be able to go to Block 2 and Block 3 at any time. The level of technology is also a matter of concern, but it has not been discussed at all in the mid to long term.

Here is the source:

Another one:

To allow the jet to hold such equipment, KAI designed the KFX’s fuselage to resemble a stealth jet akin to Lockheed Martin’s F-22. Most of the sensors are located inside the aircraft, while the four air-to-air missiles installed on the KFX are half buried in the central part of the fuselage. Space was also left on the aircraft for the future installation of an internal weapons bay - a characteristic component of stealth fighters.

According to one KAI spokesperson, once the KFX’s stealth capacity is enhanced, it will be comparable to the F-117 - Lockheed Martin’s famed stealth attack aircraft that outclasses the F-35 in numerous ways.

Here is the source:

how does the F-117 outclass the F-35? That is a new one on me.

Indos

Reactions
87 5 0
Country
Indonesia
View attachment 11637
I am new to the KF-X. Where exactly the conformal weapon's bay is to be attached?
Do you think a conformal weapon's bay is as good as a designed-in internal weapon's bay?
I would still hazard a guess that it would be a trade-off in the stealth profile for the sake of the mission profile.
But that is my humble opinion.

I mean Internal Weapon Bay. I though they are similar thing CWB and IWB. CMIIW

Here is the location. You see there are 4 meteor missile attached on the fuselage.

Block 1:

1572965078547.png

KAI/DI dont reveal exactly the IWB location, the official only said there is space for that but it will be likely to be similar like F 22 if we see where those meteor missile being put on block 1.

1572965874064.png

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Therein lies the Achilles Heel of the aircraft. Lug external weapons and stealth profile is compromised.

Also, an internal weapons bay will be a major redesign that will significantly add to the size and dimensions and weight of the fighter. Then that would raise the question, would it still remain to be the same fighter or a different fighter with the same name?

A stealth pod, like the one below, could be used in order to insure stealth is not compromised.

1572966917000.png

1572967018500.png

1572966986000.png