Lockheed Martin (LM) CSC Type 26 Frigate Design | Page 14 | World Defense

Lockheed Martin (LM) CSC Type 26 Frigate Design

gearpile

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Several links over I found another picture. It looks related somehow. I'm pretty sure it's in German. It looks newer than the pictures I saw last week. Google's no help.
1944-B.jpg

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Is it true that trefoil accelerators were installed on all US surface vessels and submarines? View attachment 18638Is Canada in on that ? I stumbled on this picture in the dark web. The text was mostly redacted except for some reference to fusion, something called an "Anti-Higgs Field", time crystals (?) and the installation events. There were other texts, but they were in German and looked like photographs of texts originally made with a typewriter. I thought better of it and went back to the site to download the texts and whatever else I could find, but the site was gone and all linked sites and their links, etc, all gone. Please advise.
Hello "gearpile". As far as Canada is concerned, I don't believe we are investing in this technology. To be honest I don't know much about it. Can you help?

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Several links over I found another picture. It looks related somehow. I'm pretty sure it's in German. It looks newer than the pictures I saw last week. Google's no help. View attachment 18639
Hello again
Several links over I found another picture. It looks related somehow. I'm pretty sure it's in German. It looks newer than the pictures I saw last week. Google's no help. View attachment 18639
Hello again Gearpile. As I said before, don't know much about this "trefoil accelerator" technology. Can you help?

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Hi folks! Here is the latest update as of 04 March 2022 for the CSC Type 26 Frigate weapons & systems design. Notice that the number of MK 41 VLS Cells has been dropped to 24 Cells vice 32. Also the mast is much taller. The crew size seems to have increased as well from 204 to 208 personnel. Also notice the tonnage has increased to 8,080 tonnes although that will not be the full-load weight (probably around 9,400 tonnes). If any forum members can add or subtract from my "guesses" please let me know. Cheers!
. 1 X LM Solid State 3D Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) "S" Band Long Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR)-SPY 7 (V) 1 Phased Array Air Search Radar-Confirmed by Lockheed Martin (LM).
2. 1 X Solid State AESA "X" Band Illumination Radar supported by MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA) in Richmond British Columbia-below the SPY 7 radar mast, with integration into the CMS 330 system-this may be an MDA built radar or IMO it may be an existing radar from Thales (possibly the Sea Fire 500 AESA Phased Array Radar) however MDA is not talking. Any enlightenment on this radar from any forum members, would be appreciated.
3. "X" & "S" Bands Navigation Radars
4. MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA)-Electronic Warfare Suite System & Chaff launchers
5. MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA)-Laser Warfare Defence System (again MDA is not talking).
6. 24 x MK 41 strike length VLS-ESSM2, SM II/IIIC-SM3/6 (fitted for, but not with); Raytheon Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missiles (TLAM).
7. Combat Information Management Systems-Links 11/16/22/GCCS-M/ Mode 5S Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
8. Light Weight (LW) MK 54 Torpedo system and magazine with twin launcher tubes
9. Sea Spider anti-torpedo system (Magellan/TKMS)
10. 6 x 4 ExLS VLS-Aft of the funnel (Sea Ceptor, quad-packed) for CIADS
11. 2 x 4 Quad packs Kongsberg NSM-Port/Stbd Above Mission Bay.
12. Main Gun: 1 x 5 inch Leonardo Oto Melara 127mm Light Weight (LW) Land Attack and Anti-Air Vulcano gun. This gun will confer the CSC ships with the ability to fire extended-range, precision-guided Vulcano munitions – both in guided long-range and the ballistic extended-range versions – and conventional ammunition.
13. Secondary Guns: 2 x 30mm DMS 30 (Bushmaster 30mm) Stabilized Rapid Fire 30mm Naval Gun Systems from BAE -(Port/Stbd of Flight Deck)
14. Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) Sensor Netting-Integrated Cyber Defence System; Integrated Bridge & Navigation System from OSI
15. Internal/External Communications Suite-HF/UHF/SHF/VHF/SATCOM from L3 Harris.
16. Electro Optical & Infrared Systems; Radio/Radar Electronic Support Measures (ESM) to include: Frequency Identification; Laser Warning & Countermeasures System; Radar/Radio Frequency Electronic Jammers; Electronic Decoy Systems.
17 CMS: Lockheed Martin CMS 330/Aegis Combat System (ACS) in support of Co-operative Engagement Capability (CEC).
18. Ultra Electronics Hull Mounted Sonar (HMS)-Ultra S2150.
19. Ultra Electronics Active/Passive Towed Array Sonar; Towed Torpedo Countermeasures-Sea Sentor S21700.
20. Sonobouy Processing System from General Dynamics with expendable Acoustic Countermeasures.
21. Combined Diesel Electric Gas Turbine (CODLOG) Propulsion System to include 1 X Rolls Royce RR/MT 30 Gas Turbine; 2 X Electronic Motors from General Electric; 4 X RR MTU Diesel Generators; Integrated Platform Management System from L3 Harris.
22. CH 148 Cyclone Sikorsky (S-92) ASW Helicopter; SKELDAR V200 UAV systems from Saab-known as CU-176 "Gargoyle"
23. Speed-approximately 27-30 kts. Statement Of Requirement (SOR) required this capability for US Carrier Battle Group (CBG) Ops.
24. Crew Compliment-208 max crew (fitted with separate female quarters)
If any member can add or subtract anything from this list, please let me know.

Attachments

• CSC-GRAPHIC 04 MARCH 2022.PNG
    CSC-GRAPHIC 04 MARCH 2022.PNG
    638.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
“THE WORLD IS GROWING DARKER”- MND ANITA ANNAND

Today Canada’s Defence Minister Anita Annand signaled changes to Canada’s Defence and Foreign Policies are coming including changes to Canada’s Strong, Secure, Engaged (SSE) to include Canada’s commitment to NORAD upgrade programs and revisiting Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) with the United States. It seems that BMD could be on the table once again and may be part of the CSC Frigate program. She also indicated that work is now underway to craft a new Indo-Pacific Strategy for Canada.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Canada-A Powerful Force For Good?-Don’t Hold Your Breath!

Canada’s recent unwavering support for Ukraine, shows that we can be a powerful force for all that is good in this fractured world. Canada has definitely “pulled-its-weight” with the level of assistance to Ukraine, and with more to come. Indeed, Canada has been at the forefront within the NATO alliance, based on population, with its generous military and civilian assistance to Ukraine and we should be proud of that. We must give the Canadian government credit for quickly acting upon the recognition that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not only illegal and outrageous, but poses a very great threat to the credibility of the West. Yes, the world needs “more Canada”.

The cordial and respectful reception given our prime minister and his colleagues in Ukraine last week was the most significant international recognition of Canada’s importance to the West that we have seen in many years. At the same time though, as Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his brave forces are fighting an existential war against a totalitarian Russian “Stalin-like” state actor like Vladimir Putin, who is trying to pummel and politically exterminated a state of over 40 million people that has clearly expressed its desire to be independent and free from illegal and brutal aggression, has been directed mostly at the civilian Ukrainian population.

Successive Canadian leadership though, has time and time again, failed our own military needs and future requirements. We have let our military deteriorate to the point where it is embarrassing to say that our armed forces has become a “Mickey Mouse” institution (nothing disparaging to Walt Disney) with antiquated weaponry: 50-year-old fighter planes, submarines that spend more time “up-on-the slips”, under repair than diving, recruitment disasters, sexual misconduct scandals and a broken military procurement process. A country which asks our own Inuit peoples to defend our northern flank with World War II weapons to patrol and defend our Arctic regions. A Canadian Armed Force (CAF) with too many generals/admirals and too few soldiers, sailors and Air Force personnel. This government has steadily permitted foreign policy, military policy and development aid policy to be mixed up together in a way that has blurred the distinction between them all.

We must rebuild our military, taking advantage of the most productive and technologically accruble economic stimulus that defence spending entails, while making Canada a go-to country within the western alliance and the world when collective responses are being devised for rising international crises. We need to re-build our military and foreign policies in order to cement our status as a trusted global middle-power within the NATO alliance and with other allied states. Our foreign policies with respect to the Indo-Pacific and European regions must change soon to reflect an updated Strong, Secure, Engaged (SSE) defence policy. It is heartening to see that the NATO alliance may very well expand with both Finland and Sweden recently asking for acceptance into the NATO fold no matter what an aggressive Russia may think. Any NATO partner that does not agree or thinks otherwise, should consider leaving the NATO alliance as soon as possible. It may also be time for Canada and the world to think of re-configuring and reorganizing the United Nations Charter structure to reflect a more diverse membership where member states can have a real impact on world events without threats of permanent United Nations Security Counsel “vetos”.

This would enable us to be taken seriously when giving advice on conflict avoidance and de-escalation to NATO and the United Nations. It would also assure other member states that we can be trusted when, as co-founders of NATO and the UN, we propose comprehensive reform and modernization of both of these institutions. Having assured itself of another 3½ years in office, the Liberal-NDP governing majority might wish to surprise and uplift us all with that prospect. Hopefulness is always justified in Canada, but in this case, “don’t hold your breath”.

Attachments

• AAXgdCC.jpg
    AAXgdCC.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
The president of Irving shipyard says it is on schedule to cut steel for the future CSC Frigate project in two years however it needs more funds from Ottawa to upgrade portions of the shipyard to handle the capability and capacity of the frigate program by mid 2024. He indicated that Irving needs hard funding from Ottawa by the end of 2022. "The clock is ticking, there absolutely a clock ticking. It is critical, absolutely critical that we get this result as soon as possible" he indicated. Mooney did not say how much money Irving is looking for to upgrade the yard but it is probably substantial. This could be a big setback for the CSC project if the upgrades are not completed on time and could affect more delays fo the troubled project. See the report below from The Toronto Star:

Halifax shipyard warns warship schedule contingent on more federal funding

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada

Attachments

• LATEST LM CSC FRIGATE CG RENDITION.jpg
    LATEST LM CSC FRIGATE CG RENDITION.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
The Liberal government is now "mulling" over the idea of giving Irving Shipyard another $300 million to upgrade its yard to build the CSC Frigates. See below:

Attachments

• IRVING SHIPYARD.jpg
    IRVING SHIPYARD.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 35

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
No Mingle I had not heard that news. Very shocked! I didn't know he was even ill or how he passed. I will miss him. So sad. ☹️)0-0(
He died in uniform KIA not sure about deployment some guessing Yemen but I checked all UAE newspapers no news about any military ops So maybe we will never know

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
He died in uniform KIA not sure about deployment some guessing Yemen but I checked all UAE newspapers no news about any military ops So maybe we will never know
Thanks for that Mingle. Still.......soooooooo sad!

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Hi folks! Here is the latest update as of 22 November 2022 for the CSC Type 26 Frigate weapons & systems design with an updated LM CSC Type 26 Graphics. Notice that the number of MK 41 VLS Cells has been dropped to 24 Cells vice 32. Also the mast is much taller. The crew size seems to have increased as well from 204 to 208 personnel. Also notice the tonnage has increased to 8,080 tonnes although that will not be the full-load weight (probably around 9,400 tonnes). If any forum members can add or subtract from my "guesses" please let me know. Cheers!
. 1 X LM Solid State 3D Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) "S" Band Long Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR)-SPY 7 (V) 1 Phased Array Air Search Radar-Confirmed by Lockheed Martin (LM).
2. 1 X Solid State AESA "X" Band Illumination Radar supported by MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA) in Richmond British Columbia-below the SPY 7 radar mast, with integration into the CMS 330 system-this may be an MDA built radar or IMO it may be an existing radar from Thales (possibly the Sea Fire 500 AESA Phased Array Radar) however MDA is not talking. Any enlightenment on this radar from any forum members, would be appreciated.
3. "X" & "S" Bands Navigation Radars
4. MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA)-Electronic Warfare Suite System & Chaff launchers
5. MacDonald Dettwiller Associates (MDA)-Laser Warfare Defence System (again MDA is not talking).
6. 24 x MK 41 strike length VLS-ESSM2, SM II/IIIC-SM3/6 (fitted for, but not with); Raytheon Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missiles (TLAM).
7. Combat Information Management Systems-Links 11/16/22/GCCS-M/ Mode 5S Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
8. Light Weight (LW) MK 54 Torpedo system and magazine with twin launcher tubes
9. Sea Spider anti-torpedo system (Magellan/TKMS)
10. 6 x 4 ExLS VLS-Aft of the funnel (Sea Ceptor, quad-packed) for CIADS
11. 2 x 4 Quad packs Kongsberg NSM-Port/Stbd Above Mission Bay.
12. Main Gun: 1 x 5 inch Leonardo OTO Melara 127mm Light Weight (LW) Land Attack and Anti-Air Vulcano gun. This gun will confer the CSC ships with the ability to fire extended-range, precision-guided Vulcano munitions – both in guided long-range and the ballistic extended-range versions – and conventional ammunition.
13. Secondary Guns: 2 x OTO Melara Marlin MS 30mm Stabilized Rapid Fire Naval Gun Systems from Leonardo-(Port/Stbd of Flight Deck)
14. Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) Sensor Netting-Integrated Cyber Defence System; Integrated Bridge & Navigation System from OSI
15. Internal/External Communications Suite-HF/UHF/SHF/VHF/SATCOM from L3 Harris.
16. Electro Optical & Infrared Systems; Radio/Radar Electronic Support Measures (ESM) to include: Frequency Identification; Laser Warning & Countermeasures System; Radar/Radio Frequency Electronic Jammers; Electronic Decoy Systems.
17 CMS: Lockheed Martin CMS 330/Aegis Combat System (ACS) in support of Co-operative Engagement Capability (CEC).
18. Ultra Electronics Hull Mounted Sonar (HMS)-Ultra S2150.
19. Ultra Electronics Active/Passive Towed Array Sonar; Towed Torpedo Countermeasures-Sea Sentor S21700.
20. Sonobouy Processing System from General Dynamics with expendable Acoustic Countermeasures.
21. Combined Diesel Electric Gas Turbine (CODLOG) Propulsion System to include 1 X Rolls Royce RR/MT 30 Gas Turbine; 2 X Electronic Motors from General Electric; 4 X RR MTU Diesel Generators; Integrated Platform Management System from L3 Harris.
22. CH 148 Cyclone Sikorsky (S-92) ASW Helicopter; SKELDAR V200 UAV systems from Saab-known as CU-176 "Gargoyle"
23. Speed-approximately 27-30 kts. Statement Of Requirement (SOR) required this capability for US Carrier Battle Group (CBG) Ops.
24. Crew Compliment-210 max crew (fitted with separate female quarters)
If any member can add or subtract anything from this list, please let me know.

Attachments

• LATEST LM CSC FRIGATE CG RENDITION.jpg
    LATEST LM CSC FRIGATE CG RENDITION.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 32
  • LATEST CSC INFO FACTSHEET-09 NOV 2022.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited: