PAF gears up to develop 5th-generation fighter jet | Page 4 | World Defense

PAF gears up to develop 5th-generation fighter jet

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The PAF might be open to collaborating on various subsystems (e.g., engine, radar, missiles) or technologies (composites fabrication), but when it comes to the design and development of the fighter, it seems the PAF prefers going it alone.

The main reason is to minimize risk (when you have multiple stakeholders, the complications and in-fighting go up) and to expedite the project, especially as the doors on off-the-shelf jets close. This is more of a project management issue than politics.

The concept of the Ummah is from Allah (SWT) and hard-coded into the Qur'an, it's not going away. The problem is that its application by Muslims is faulty, and that's because we're trying to mix water into a glass of dirt, therefore creating mud instead of water. For as long as the wrong sort of people are in charge of affairs, we'll not realize the concept -- or the benefits -- of the Ummah. That said, we shouldn't stop trying; God gives the honour to those who do His bidding, and if we stop trying, then we might risk losing His support.
Thanks for summarising my 5 paragraphs into 2 lines. Secondly, Yes, i agree with your reply related to Ummah. Core reason...

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
1572039775089.png

Is the pilot thing true?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF pilots are always present in China. It's not news, its someone trying to be relevant.
I bet they have been on J-20 as well then, since the prototype stage as Chinese hold our pilots in high regard and want their comments on performance for improvisation.

Are/Were the UAEAF guys as well trained / got instructors from CCS as well at some time? And KSAAS

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
View attachment 11473

Is the pilot thing true?
Is it just me or does the exhaust look like it's coming out of square nozzles like that on the F22? Or maybe I'm reading too much into a mock up that may or may not be based on the actual design so far.
@Khafee ur thoughts? And more importantly do I get a cookie for this useless observation?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Is it just me or does the exhaust look like it's coming out of square nozzles like that on the F22? Or maybe I'm reading too much into a mock up that may or may not be based on the actual design so far.
@Khafee ur thoughts? And more importantly do I get a cookie for this useless observation?
Give them time, you will have the final concept by 2021-22 according to my wild guess

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
My understanding is the Project hasn't reached the "design freeze" stage, so lets wait and see.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Off Topic posts moved here:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
1635003864700.png

TAI & PAC discussing how to move forward. Engine and avionics issue remains. Russia has agreed in principle to supply what ever is needed.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
View attachment 18409

TAI & PAC discussing how to move forward. Engine and avionics issue remains. Russia has agreed in principle to supply what ever is needed.
That is amazing news. I expect Pakistan to end up with slightly more level of ToT from joining the TFX...as opposed to acquiring one of the existing Chinese 5th gen designs. Also a noob question...is the TFX design locked in? I've been seeing the same model now for a while(including a fighter sizes mock up) at a defense exhibition...so I'm assuming it is.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
That is amazing news. I expect Pakistan to end up with slightly more level of ToT from joining the TFX...as opposed to acquiring one of the existing Chinese 5th gen designs. Also a noob question...is the TFX design locked in? I've been seeing the same model now for a while(including a fighter sizes mock up) at a defense exhibition...so I'm assuming it is.
Till serial production starts, is anything really locked in?

1635417039400.png