Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility | Page 21 | World Defense

Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Sabir Shakir and others more or less on FB are saying that demand is for keeping silence over recognition of Israel by UAE and possible same act by KSA. Even Pakistan is being pressurized by KSA to recognize Israeli state. The head of Jammat e Islami has openly condemned the Arab countries change of posture.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sabir Shakir and others more or less on FB are saying that demand is for keeping silence over recognition of Israel by UAE and possible same act by KSA. Even Pakistan is being pressurized by KSA to recognize Israeli state. The head of Jammat e Islami has openly condemned the Arab countries change of posture.
You honestly think, in the real world Pakistan's opinion matters? AND Pakistan's disapproval would mean no agreements. no treaties, everything would collapse?

What fantasy world do you guys live in?

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
1) Remember what I said "concrete steps" did they happen?
2) Had anything actually tangible happened, wouldn't the media have announced it by now?
A few hours are too early to see concrete steps.Secondly media press releases are just vague and generic on purpose when it comes to Millitary visits.The media actually telling anything important w.r.t to such visits would be an equivalent to DAWN LEAKS.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
A few hours are too early to see concrete steps.Secondly media press releases are just vague and generic on purpose when it comes to Millitary visits.The media actually telling anything important w.r.t to such visits would be an equivalent to DAWN LEAKS.
You asked me for my opinion, I gave you that. Rest feel free to believe whatever you want.

Btw, since this SMQ induced debacle, it has been days, not hrs.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
You asked me for my opinion, I gave you that. Rest feel free to believe whatever you want.

Btw, since this SMQ induced debacle, it has been days, not hrs.
Hours since the meeting not the entire fiasco.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hours since the meeting not the entire fiasco.
What you are saying is COAS was clueless, till the meeting actually happened. The whole Pakistani establishment, in its entirety, did not have a single clue. Bravo!

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
You honestly think, in the real world Pakistan's opinion matters? AND Pakistan's disapproval would mean no agreements. no treaties, everything would collapse?

What fantasy world do you guys live in?

Sir I do have some passion about IR and know very well that Pakistan has much value for some countries due to their internal matters, the future shall reveal, if u allow me I gave fair views of Pakistan media personalities on FB. Sabir Shakir and few others are considered much near to Pak military. On other hand if u want to enter in a discussion on whole scenario one on one please advise me the proper place on this site.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir I do have some passion about IR and know very well that Pakistan has much value for some countries due to their internal matters, the future shall reveal, if u allow me I gave fair views of Pakistan media personalities on FB. Sabir Shakir and few others are considered much near to Pak military. On other hand if u want to enter in a discussion on whole scenario one on one please advise me the proper place on this site.
Your passion for IR is commendable, but being an enthusiast or patriot is not enough, it is the first step.

As to Pakistan being relevant due to some countries internal issues - A Pakistan that is held hostage by a minority is of no use. Until they stop being held hostage, nothing will change. To think Pakistan is irreplaceable, is wishful thinking at best.

On silly journos who try to stay relevant, that's how they earn their bread and butter, by firing arrows in the air, propagating their agendas, or selling to the highest bidder.

On your one one scenario, pls feel free to open up a PM with me, if that is what you want, comment on the right thread, or open up a new thread in the relevant section.

Pls understand, I have lived in Pakistan, and have worked my entire professional life for its betterment, in whatever capacity. Now to see them being dragged down like this, is like a fort being chipped away by rats, for me it feels like me being dragged over hot coals.

Apologies to everyone, who I have been rude to lately. But this whole debacle is very personal for me.

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
Your passion for IR is commendable, but being an enthusiast or patriot is not enough, it is the first step.

As to Pakistan being relevant due to some countries internal issues - A Pakistan that is held hostage by a minority is of no use. Until they stop being held hostage, nothing will change. To think Pakistan is irreplaceable, is wishful thinking at best.

On silly journos who try to stay relevant, that's how they earn their bread and butter, by firing arrows in the air, propagating their agendas, or selling to the highest bidder.

On your one one scenario, pls feel free to open up a PM with me, if that is what you want, comment on the right thread, or open up a new thread in the relevant section.

Pls understand, I have lived in Pakistan, and have worked my entire professional life for its betterment, in whatever capacity. Now to see them being dragged down like this, is like a fort being chipped away by rats, for me it feels like me being dragged over hot coals.

Apologies to everyone, who I have been rude to lately. But this whole debacle is very personal for me.
in this changing times everyone will have to choose some sides
cant always sit on fence
imaginary bravado doesn’t help no one
world doesn’t work like that anymore
nukes isn’t an object anymore its alliences and economic power

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan

Well written and fairly balanced opinion piece written by the former Ambassador to Pakistan. He has a conciliatory tone despite the tensions and touches on important points but what is most striking is what he says about SMQ. My opinion is follows:

1.SMQ is done. You can stick a fork in him. He will be kicked upstairs and soon we will hear how he has been given another fancy position. Maybe even chief minister Punjab as I think he will do a better job there! He cant be kicked out completely as his vote bank is needed by PTI, IMHO. Any thoughts on who the new foreign minister should be??

2.There will be some distancing from Iran. I am not saying a full rupture but the message being given is loud and clear. We have to maintain ties for obvious reasons that have been discussed but we must stick with those friends who are most reliable (SA, UAE etc). I do wish the mullahs would stop messing around and just try to sincerely work towards rapprochement but I am not hopeful.

3.I think this will settle down soon inshallah as the military knows who butters their bread in the Muslim world and given the former Saudi ambassador has written this conciliatory piece, it must have gotten clearance from the powers that be in SA implying they want things to be smoothed over as well. Also, it doesn't make sense that the military gave the "green light" to SMQ to make this statement as they would know the consequences. Its all a very odd situation.

Ultimately, we are in this situation because of our own ineptitude in making ourselves economically powerful and having traitors for leaders in the past. I think we have some valid grievances and have made our share of contributions to help the Arab world/GCC as they have for us but when you are economically weak as we are right now, then what else do you expect?

Also, I realize not everyone is a fan of IK but I would take his honesty and occasional buffoonery in statecraft as he learns on the job over any of those wretched snakes from the PPP and PML-N any day. At least he is sincere and tries to do well.

Omar

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
37 0 0
Country
Canada
Its been few days and, since, there were no resignation or apologies provided by Foreign office, I can definitely say that IK govt. has gone nuts. COAS visit is useless until SA sees some actual remification. The public theatrics by SMQ can only be reproached with public apologies. Here is what I think is going to happen, MBS is going to wait a few weeks and just with a stroke of pen have a portion of Ex-Pat send back to Pakistan. We will then see what tweets IK sends on remittances and foreign debt in few months.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan

Well written and fairly balanced opinion piece written by the former Ambassador to Pakistan. He has a conciliatory tone despite the tensions and touches on important points but what is most striking is what he says about SMQ. My opinion is follows:

1.SMQ is done. You can stick a fork in him. He will be kicked upstairs and soon we will hear how he has been given another fancy position. Maybe even chief minister Punjab as I think he will do a better job there! He cant be kicked out completely as his vote bank is needed by PTI, IMHO. Any thoughts on who the new foreign minister should be??

2.There will be some distancing from Iran. I am not saying a full rupture but the message being given is loud and clear. We have to maintain ties for obvious reasons that have been discussed but we must stick with those friends who are most reliable (SA, UAE etc). I do wish the mullahs would stop messing around and just try to sincerely work towards rapprochement but I am not hopeful.

3.I think this will settle down soon inshallah as the military knows who butters their bread in the Muslim world and given the former Saudi ambassador has written this conciliatory piece, it must have gotten clearance from the powers that be in SA implying they want things to be smoothed over as well. Also, it doesn't make sense that the military gave the "green light" to SMQ to make this statement as they would know the consequences. Its all a very odd situation.

Ultimately, we are in this situation because of our own ineptitude in making ourselves economically powerful and having traitors for leaders in the past. I think we have some valid grievances and have made our share of contributions to help the Arab world/GCC as they have for us but when you are economically weak as we are right now, then what else do you expect?

Also, I realize not everyone is a fan of IK but I would take his honesty and occasional buffoonery in statecraft as he learns on the job over any of those wretched snakes from the PPP and PML-N any day. At least he is sincere and tries to do well.
Its simple i guess.The sooner South Punjab becomes a separate adminstrative area the sooner SMQ can leave the FM to head South Punjab admin.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Its simple i guess.The sooner South Punjab becomes a separate adminstrative area the sooner SMQ can leave the FM to head South Punjab admin.
People like him, should be banned from politics, for life.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
People like him, should be banned from politics, for life.
Well, maximum action that will be taken against him, will be that he will be replaced as FM, may be asked to resign from National Assembly and after sometime adjusted as CM Punjab or CM Multan (if new province is made).