Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility | Page 28 | World Defense

Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
General Qamar Bajwa did not meet the King or the Crown Prince. He only met with ministry of defense; the King's son and Crown Prince's brother.

There was a roamer that FM of Pakistan resigned or is going to?
His resignation is due, its metter how much time given to him for face saving

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Will be interesting to see what transpires after the visit. Dont know why you guys give optics so much attention.
I think this is his farewell tour (a al The Eagles, Abba, The Police...😁). Some face saving before he is "requested" to take another fluffy position with a great title but no significant power. Or possibly something influential in the Punjab government. Who know?!

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Well, when beyond the 4 EDA's and J15's, all deliveries grind to a halt, besides no extension of the oil credit facility or cash deposits, that should be evidence enough of how well the meeting went.

NOTE: Hercs and Zulus, are excluded from above deliveries

Clearly Pakistan's leadership is working over time to strengthen India and Iran at the cost of Pakistan's interests.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Sir,

Meeting is over. COAS met both the King and MBS, pls tell us:

a) How long did the meeting last?
b) What requests did COAS make?
c) What requests were approved?
d) What further course of action did COAS commit to?
e) Chinese reaction to the outcome of this visit?

Just 5 points.

Thanks!
Sir
As always you are right and I am wrong on all counts. I ventured an opinion and it was wrong.
As to the rhetoric I think it has died down on both sides. In a sense this is a slight reallignment of the situation. It remains to be seen how this situation will pan out.
A

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir
As always you are right and I am wrong on all counts. I ventured an opinion and it was wrong.
As to the rhetoric I think it has died down on both sides. In a sense this is a slight reallignment of the situation. It remains to be seen how this situation will pan out.
A
Hi... i'm not willing to accept either that it was just a slight re-alignment, as you wrote further... it remains to be seen how situation will pan out, eventually.
One thing which can be seen with most certainty is that Pakistan is in wrong hands... not limited to the OIC blunder.

Present regime has successfully put Pakistan on radar of ALL Arab states, don't have high hopes on Qatar for any support against rest of Arab.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... i'm not willing to accept either that it was a slight re-alignment, as you wrote further... it remains to be seen how situation will pan out, eventually.
One thing which can be seen with most certainty is that Pakistan is in wrong hands... not limited to the OIC blunder.
I think we are strategically realligning due to emphasis on the Kashmir situation. The statement of SMQ was a bit crass but certainly sipported by the powers that be. Like in politics all over such statements carry a price and sometimes in spite of the support one is dropped like a hot coal. He may yet face the music but currently it does not seem to be the case. This is all I have to say on the matter. I still think that the drastic steps like repatriation of Pakistanis will not occur but who knows. Let us wait and see.
A

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I think we are strategically realligning due to emphasis on the Kashmir situation. The statement of SMQ was a bit crass but certainly sipported by the powers that be. Like in politics all over such statements carry a price and sometimes in spite of the support one is dropped like a hot coal. He may yet face the music but currently it does not seem to be the case. This is all I have to say on the matter. I still think that the drastic steps like repatriation of Pakistanis will not occur but who knows. Let us wait and see.
A
WE__ are a nation hijacked by Iranian loyalists, our re-alignment is not connected to Kashmir issue.
Strategically appointing Iran as our Supreme Leader is going not going to end well for Pakistan, neither for the Islamic world. While the minority have no right or qualification to take such strategic decision.

New regime's anti GCC maneuvers (not limited to SMQ) were quite clear from the day they took over and which was continuation of what Zardari set to pace.

No one knows, what exactly is regime's plan to free Kashmir, considering same regime failed to exploit the opportunity which Modi provided on 27th February, 2019. Details of which, falls nothing short of colluding with Modi at political level.

Keeping it short, as you rightly pointed that there will be a price to be paid, which IMO is hard to gauge, but it can't be short of $ billions and loss of trust and may be that was the plan after all... ie. to widen the gulf with GCC. In your words re-alignment at a price.

Last edited:

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
WE__ are a nation hijacked by Iranian loyalists, our re-alignment is not connected to Kashmir issue.
Strategically appointing Iran as our Supreme Leader is going not going to end well for Pakistan, neither for the Islamic world. While the minority have no right or qualification to take such strategic decision.

New regime's anti GCC maneuvers (not limited to SMQ) were quite clear from the day they took over and which was continuation of what Zardari set to pace.

No one knows, what exactly is regime's plan to free Kashmir, considering same regime failed to exploit the opportunity which Modi provided on 27th February, 2019. Details of which, falls nothing short of colluding with Modi at political level.

Keeping it short, as you rightly pointed that there will be a price to be paid, which IMO is hard to gauge, but it can't be short of $ billions and loss of trust and may be that was the plan after all... ie. to widen the gulf with GCC. In your words re-alignment at a price.
I will go out on a limb and make a statement which might irk people. No one in the Pakxpolity in their right mind will entertain a mullah infested Iran beyond a certain limit. There is a trust deficit and that will remain. The real issue for us is to establish an independent Pakistan which relies on making Pakistan an energy aszwell as Financial hub and gain benefit out of it. The incorporation of the old RCD into this plan is governed by 2 factors the Central Asian republics and their access needs and the CEPEC. Pakistan will simply restore its tilt towards the Arab world into a balance between the Arab world, Iran China and the Central asiqn republics. The arabs have taken their own route for their safety and Pakistan will maintain whatever it needs to maintain in that calculus.
Whether this will work out or not remains to be seen. There will be a lot of chaos before a newer equilibrium is going to be established. It would have happened in any case due to the arab world's threat perception matrix.
I fully agree that this could have been done a bit more softly and the current approach was very crass. But if SMQ was on his own he would not be chinwagging the Chinese now but defanged.
This remains my own personal reading into the matter. What happens now is new uncharted waters and a risky game but I dont think our choices were many and less savoury.
My brother khafee will tell me how wrong Iam and so be it. But an opinionis formulated on the basis of current reading of the situation. I am not in the know of anyrhing of substance so take it for what it is worth.
A

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
The Govt no doubt looks to have some soft posture towards Iran but as Khafee Sb has mentioned intentions of IK are sincere for country, in case of democracy you have even many like minded or people with different mindset on one side, similar in case of opposition or Govt. The monarch has no such imbalances but disadvantages of it's own.

Pak Govt Reasons for current acts
1-The PTI was supported clearly by Shia leaders during elections.
2- The PTI set up has many important figures which either belong to Shia sect or their supporters like SMQ.
3-The Arabs continuous support of NZ and his family.
4- Arabs entering in economic/social relationships with India and now with Israel.
5- Unclear stance on Kashmir.
6-20-25% Shia population and moderate Muslims majority in population.
7-The inhuman or one may sat discriminatory attitude towards Pakistani labor force especially in KSA, There are many examples where Pakistani workers are made slaves by KSA, Arab Kafeels. Many Pakistani due to not having rights to run business in own name had to surrender their businesses to Kafeels.
Pakistan Govt's poor foreign strategy and SMQs inactive role in foreign matters.

Counter Measures/Suggestions
1-The balance should be maintained between Iran and KSA i.e no direct confrontation with Iran but continuous support to KSA for protection of it's borders.
2-Efforts to bring Iran and KSA on direct dialogue table, to end direct or indirect military actions against each other.
3-Continuous diplomacy on Kashmir by foreign ministry in Arab world as well as open dialogue to make them understand Pakistan's delicate position with Iran.
4- More partnership in CPEC and other developments with Arabs.
5-Open discussion and efforts to get certain concessions for Pakistani workers including legal rights to sue KSA Kafeels in case of any discrimination.
6- Get self sufficiency by CPEC projects to end dependency on aid or soft loans from other countries.
7-Even being member of OIC should work for a block having like minded Muslim countries along with allies for common military/civil interests. ( KSA is not the target as misunderstood but US policies to dictate even economic transactions between different countries).

The current visit shall bring more positive results if active dialogue continues with KSA. Pakistan may get lot more like Egypt if we can have effective diplomacy, no doubt even if SMQ was right on his stance should have not spilled all beans on private TV channel. We need to have a think tank to develop effective foreign policy like Sardar Asif, Khursheed Mehmood Kasuri, Sheren Mazari, etc.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I will go out on a limb and make a statement which might irk people. No one in the Pakxpolity in their right mind will entertain a mullah infested Iran beyond a certain limit. There is a trust deficit and that will remain. The real issue for us is to establish an independent Pakistan which relies on making Pakistan an energy aszwell as Financial hub and gain benefit out of it. The incorporation of the old RCD into this plan is governed by 2 factors the Central Asian republics and their access needs and the CEPEC. Pakistan will simply restore its tilt towards the Arab world into a balance between the Arab world, Iran China and the Central asiqn republics. The arabs have taken their own route for their safety and Pakistan will maintain whatever it needs to maintain in that calculus.
Whether this will work out or not remains to be seen. There will be a lot of chaos before a newer equilibrium is going to be established. It would have happened in any case due to the arab world's threat perception matrix.
I fully agree that this could have been done a bit more softly and the current approach was very crass. But if SMQ was on his own he would not be chinwagging the Chinese now but defanged.
This remains my own personal reading into the matter. What happens now is new uncharted waters and a risky game but I dont think our choices were many and less savoury.
My brother khafee will tell me how wrong Iam and so be it. But an opinionis formulated on the basis of current reading of the situation. I am in the know of anyrhing of substance so take it for what it is worth.
A
You are not sticking to the context. Instead, you have added more dimensions in to your reply.

Point i was making in earlier post was that Pakistan's present regime is deliberately trying to move away from GCC, which may be alright for any state, incl. Pakistan, but the way of deceit, lies, is not necessary. Actually, it's abhorrent and un-diplomatic by all standards, but when we look at the mafia in bureaucracy and cabinet, than we understand the objectives of Pakistan's current regime will never be aligned with interests of Pakistan. Result is there for every one to see, and as you stated, 'cost to pay' which surely canvas beyond economic sphere.

SMQ in his individual capacity was never the horse to be trusted, considering his political and diplomatic back ground. For those who have short memory, he is an ex puppy of Zardari, an ex-team mate of Hussein Haqqani, as well the co-author of Kerry Lugar Bill. but again, his statement is not examined by world as of his personal and as an isolated event.
Ever since the new regime took over, there were series of tweets, statements, actions, and diplomatic maneuvers, which amounts to undermining Pak-GCC historic ties.

Now since the water is under the bridge, and Pakistan is on it's way to... as you termed it re-alignment, which actually was on horizon from more than past one decade, but now the moment is here, with all the associated costs.

RCD which was killed by unfortunate Iranian revolution, has no connection with the context or subject matter, but i must note the irony, that Imran Khan look upon Khumeni as his guide, Khamenai as his supreme leader, and Sulemani as his legitimate commander.

before i close, i would like to shortly state few factual ground realities, because your new twist to the discussion in relation to independence form Arabs, demands it:
From decades, Pakistan's (inept) democratic rulers, had been supplying fighters for Iran's anti Arab wars.
Not even details of Indian presence across Pakistan border and Iran providing safe heavens for anti Pakistan elements, had moved Pakistani leadership /SMQ types to find any worthy line to talk about, at least never in public.
Non in cabinet had the character to demand closure of Taftan border for months, during height of COVID in Iran, risking existence of Pakistan, all and lot more which is not listed here, reflect that Pakistan is a satellite state of Iran, today more than ever. Surprisingly no one see any compromise on Pakistan's sovereignty and independence here, but slandering Arabs is considered as route to freedom. Clearly some thing is seriously rotten in heads who think so, as it can't get more idiotic!

Next,
In which sense you mentioned chaos? if it's socio-economic than surely hijacker regime is profiting as usual and trying to enslave the general public, within a supposedly free Pakistan.

If you are hinting at some sort of civil war than surely millions of Iranian trained militants, would have upper hand, considering Iran can always ship sabotage weapons as it did in Iraq and Syria, but do you really see a civil war upcoming?
Would you recommend those who question the logic in so called re-alignment, buying bullet proof vehicle?

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

With nearly 5m+ Pakistani jobs, and US$10bn~ US$12bn (remittance) per annum, at stake, it seems India via Iran via SMQ won.

I wont even bother, discussing the military ramifications.