Pakistan army contingent to be posted in Saudi Arabia -Thread 2 | Page 3 | World Defense

Pakistan army contingent to be posted in Saudi Arabia -Thread 2

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
that is where the hardcore diplomacy is needed .... and does not have a listing station in OMAN its just a propaganda
Although Mushy was ........., the day he left the PK foreign office died, first it was Zardari, then Tariq Fatemi.

www.aame.in/2013/02/indian-listening-station-in-oman.html

Actually Oman is trying to repeat Dubai in Dumaq they are inviting all in that city that particular port is managed by European company forgetting the right now, China is also investing around 10 billion and already working for the Chinese Industrial zone Indian are little late here their Navy just got the right to access which of course will them to stay in the region near Pakistan

I don't know why Pakistanis feel so threatened by Dubai, be it Duqm or Gawadar, neither can replicate it. It is a global financial and trade hub.

The Chinese are not investing anywhere near $10bn, but I'm always open to correction.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee
remember this pic I once discuss with you around 8-9 months back, now read my joint port comment in that context.

View attachment 5860

The problem is, with Pakistan's FO being crap, any country that supports PK ends up taking indian and amreeki heat. Unless that (FO) is fixed first, then Allies like China, KSA and UAE lined up, nothing will happen.

Oman, just like on the yemen issue can be put in its place, BUT PK needs to step up and put its house in order first. You can't expect others to fight for you if you keep sleeping.

The Navy's Surface force needs a desperate overhaul - but the funds aren't there. This is where Yemen as a golden opportunity was lost.

This is the guy who said NO to yemen, and now where is he?

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't know why Pakistanis feel so threatened by Dubai, be it Duqm or Gawadar, neither can replicate it. It is a global financial and trade hub.
Why should we feel threaten by Dubai ....???
I think you misunderstood my post .... What I said that Oman is trying to repeat Dubai model in the economic sense ....
The Chinese are not investing anywhere near $10bn, but I'm always open to correction.
1- https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comment/2017/10/17/why-chinas-investment-in-oman-matters

2- Oman’s Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (Sezad) yesterday (April 19) celebrated the laying of the foundation stone for the China-Oman Industrial Park in Duqm, a project with investments expected to cross $10 billion till 2022, said a report.
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/IND_323780.html

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Why should we feel threaten by Dubai ....???
I think you misunderstood my post .... What I said that Oman is trying to repeat Dubai model in the economic sense ....

1- https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comment/2017/10/17/why-chinas-investment-in-oman-matters

2- Oman’s Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (Sezad) yesterday (April 19) celebrated the laying of the foundation stone for the China-Oman Industrial Park in Duqm, a project with investments expected to cross $10 billion till 2022, said a report.
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/IND_323780.html

Well maybe not you, but I keep hearing this from Pakistanis, Dubai Vs Gawadar, they are so fixated, it is not even funny.

On Chinese Investment - I cant open the link, but you must be right. I stand corrected.

Can I open a PM ...??
Come on man, you don't need to ask! Go ahead.

Tps77

Reactions
330 12 0
Country
Pakistan
in KSA around 1.9 million
in Iran around 0.1 or 0.2 million

but point is 200+ million Pakistanis lives next to Iran ..... so as I said earlier we can not afford to have another AFGHANISTAN in our neighbourhood
Not more than 20k pakistani in iran , to be exact 14k is official figure of government of Iran .

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem is, with Pakistan's FO being crap, any country that supports PK ends up taking indian and amreeki heat. Unless that (FO) is fixed first, then Allies like China, KSA and UAE lined up, nothing will happen.

Oman, just like on the yemen issue can be put in its place, BUT PK needs to step up and put its house in order first. You can't expect others to fight for you if you keep sleeping.

Disagree here. Isn't this alliance supposed to do ? Support in thick and thin ..

Last edited:

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
it is where the hardcore diplomacy is needed .... and India does not have a listing station in OMAN its just a propaganda
Actually even with diplomacy one can't do this..Oman allowing Indian navy vessels is not propaganda at several of its ports..Why would they allow base when US biggest Naval base is in Bahiran and forces in Qatar..
Pakistan needs to maintain its own house in order...Better to stay neutral like India does unless the price is right or the benefits exceeds cost

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Disagree here. Isn't this alliance supposed to do ? Support in thick and thin ..
You can disagree, but ground realities are different. Your Shia lobby has a mind of it's own.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
You can disagree, but ground realities are different. Your Shia lobby has a mind of it's own.
Yes , our shia lobby has effects but same goes for GCC when it comes to India and US they can't oppose, taking heat from India ?everybody has interests ..and no one is supporting openly each other..When it comes to India, even before Yemen fiasco there investment and economical interests were much greater and that's reason

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes , our shia lobby has effects but same goes for GCC when it comes to India and US they can't oppose
Unfortunately No. You are clutching at straws here.

One only has to look at the Musharraf years, then Zardari, and lastly Nawaz Sharief / Tariq Fatemi. For heavens sake, you didn't even have a Foreign Min. till Khwaja Asif became one.

With one screwed up FO you expect the world to roll over and play dead, because you are snoozing, sorry my friend, the world does not work this way. The sooner you wake up, the better it would be.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Unfortunately No. You are clutching at straws here.

One only has to look at the Musharraf years, then Zardari, and lastly Nawaz Sharief / Tariq Fatemi. For heavens sake, you didn't even have a Foreign Min. till Khwaja Asif became one.

With one screwed up FO you expect the world to roll over and play dead, because you are snoozing, sorry my friend, the world does not work this way. The sooner you wake up, the better it would be.
No one needs the world to roll over ...I admit the failure and incompetent FO but this doesn't immune the "allies" to withdraw there supports .I have always advocated its our own faults ,our politicians and generals both are on sale..
We need to act like India , play on both sides and keep our house in order...World is cruel and selfish

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes , our shia lobby has effects but same goes for GCC when it comes to India and US they can't oppose, taking heat from India ?everybody has interests ..and no one is supporting openly each other..When it comes to India, even before Yemen fiasco there investment and economical interests were much greater and that's reason

Can you honestly compare Pakistan's investment climate with thiers? Just look at the PTCL deal, GoP is crying we have not been paid a certain amount, but yet refuses to transfer assets. Unless assests are transferred, why would ANYONE pay them?

Another prime e.g. the $15bn Shk. Khalifa Petrochemical complex. It was to be a state of the art Refinery & PetroChem complex, which would export as well, on the personal Request of Shk.Khalifa bin Zayed. It is still pending after 6~7yrs with GoP, because they want US$3bn in bribes.

The level of corruption, the political uncertainty, law & order situation, all much worse than India.

Lastly, look at the Indian investment in GCC, and then compare that to Pakistan.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you honestly compare Pakistan's investment climate with thiers? Just look at the PTCL deal, GoP is crying we have not been paid a certain amount, but yet refuses to transfer assets. Unless assests are transferred, why would ANYONE pay them?

Another prime e.g. the $15bn Shk. Khalifa Petrochemical complex. It was to be a state of the art Refinery & PetroChem complex, which would export as well, on the personal Request of Shk.Khalifa bin Zayed. It is still pending after 6~7yrs with GoP, because they want US$3bn in bribes.

The level of corruption, the political uncertainty, law & order situation, all much worse than India.

Lastly, look at the Indian investment in GCC, and then compare that to Pakistan.
No, Etisalat try to backtrack from initial offer after knowing the difference with 2nd bidder..Out of more then 3,000 properties only 32 are yet to be transferred..So now 32 properties worth 800 million USD..Everybody knows minister are comprised with UAE government because of there personal interests ..Lets leave this issue..Etisalat is just using this as an excuse otherwise Independent valuation and deduction of money can be a simple answer
Regarding the second i take your words credible since i have no knowledge and nothing i read in Media too...
Its all about money that's what i am saying....Pakistan lacks due to its economical resources ..No body will sacrifice money
My enemy and your enemy mantra should be on equal level..This is what i believe..

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No one needs the world to roll over ...I admit the failure and incompetent FO but this doesn't immune the "allies" to withdraw there supports .I have always advocated its our own faults ,our politicians and generals both are on sale..
We need to act like India , play on both sides and keep our house in order...World is cruel and selfish

It is not about cruel or selfish, if your brother is able bodied and fit, but sleeps all day long, how long will you support him? Will you ignore your own family for him? No.

Forget everything, ask anyone who has lived in the UAE since 2000, how has the bloody embassy / consulate changed. These poor folks are made to wait like animals in the sun. Their passports are thrown in their face by PAKISTANIS!! Can you imagine that? These people, whose remittance Pakistan is in such a desperate need of, are treated like animals!!!

This never happened during Musharraf's era, even the vetting process for passport here was more stringent. Ever since he left, it is a disgrace. The funds collected in the name of community welfare, only Allah knows where they go. Cherry on the cake - the staff is illiterate as they get.

Yet no one, bats an eye lid. I won't even talk about the 2 sacks of potato, one sack of onions, 4kg of wheat flour, the Pakistani Consulate in Jeddah provided, laborers who were stuck. The Community,both Saudis and Expats stepped up, but the FO, or the embassy / consulate was busy "eating, drinking, and being merry." All of this happened in your neighborhood buddy, are you going to deny this too?

I remember a case of a young professional in his mid-20's. The Pakistani Consulate in Dubai LOST his passport, the immigration dept was more understanding, but the consulate took "3 months of investigation" to issue him a new one. Can you imagine the hieght of incompetence and criminal negligence? @Indus Falcon can tell you more, since he was the one who gave the "bamboo" to the Counsel General.

Believe me, Dip. Corps are supposed to help their countrymen, but in the GCC, these "sifarishis"are doing the opposite.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No, Etisalat try to backtrack from initial offer after knowing the difference with 2nd bidder..Out of more then 3,000 properties only 32 are yet to be transferred..So now 32 properties worth 800 million USD..Everybody knows minister are comprised with UAE government because of there personal interests ..Lets leave this issue..Etisalat is just using this as an excuse otherwise Independent valuation and deduction of money can be a simple answer
Regarding the second i take your words credible since i have no knowledge and nothing i read in Media too...
Its all about money that's what i am saying....Pakistan lacks due to its economical resources ..No body will sacrifice money
My enemy and your enemy mantra should be on equal level..This is what i believe..

Now your minister is hurting who? He should be thrown in jail, at the 1st opportunity.