Pakistan army contingent to be posted in Saudi Arabia -Thread 2 | Page 4 | World Defense

Pakistan army contingent to be posted in Saudi Arabia -Thread 2

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
It is not about cruel or selfish, if your brother is able bodied and fit, but sleeps all day long, how long will you support him? Will you ignore your own family for him? No.

Forget everything, ask anyone who has lived in the UAE since 2000, how has the bloody embassy / consulate changed. These poor folks are made to wait like animals in the sun. Their passports are thrown in their face by PAKISTANIS!! Can you imagine that? These people, whose remittance Pakistan is in such a desperate need of, are treated like animals!!!

This never happened during Musharraf's era, even the vetting process for passport here was more stringent. Ever since he left, it is a disgrace. The funds collected in the name of community welfare, only Allah knows where they go. Cherry on the cake - the staff is illiterate as they get.

Yet no one, bats an eye lid. I won't even talk about the 2 sacks of potato, one sack of onions, 4kg of wheat flour, the Pakistani Consulate in Jeddah provided, laborers who were stuck. The Community,both Saudis and Expats stepped up, but the FO, or the embassy / consulate was busy "eating, drinking, and being merry." All of this happened in your neighborhood buddy, are you going to deny this too?

I remember a case of a young professional in his mid-20's. The Pakistani Consulate in Dubai LOST his passport, the immigration dept was more understanding, but the consulate took "3 months of investigation" to issue him a new one. Can you imagine the hieght of incompetence and criminal negligence? @Indus Falcon can tell you more, since he was the one who gave the "bamboo" to the Counsel General.

Believe me, Dip. Corps are supposed to help their countrymen, but in the GCC, these "sifarishis"are doing the opposite.
Again 100 % correct...I have experience myself this in due course of renewing passport in Riyadh standing from 6AM to 4 PM...Since there was no one i know inside of embassy..
I will keep supporting my brother and reduce some of my "Lavish" lifestyle definitely not at cost of family...If i really take him as brother ...In this case he is not sleeping but just being a Poor and corrupted..

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Now your minister is hurting who? He should be thrown in jail, at the 1st opportunity.
Our minister is compromised and care more about its assets in UAE...But this does not immune GCC to simply say no here where less important Turkey can take stand

Last edited:

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Actually even with diplomacy one can't do this.
It is possible with competent foreign office ... we just have to establish common interest, OPPORTUNITY exists even today we are just required to work on it ....
Oman allowing Indian navy vessels is not propaganda at several of its ports
I wwas talking about listing post not about Indian Navy vessels
Pakistan needs to maintain its own house in order
Agreed ....
Better to stay neutral like India does unless the price is right or the benefits exceeds cost
Better to stay neutral to stay neutral and built common interests ....
as far as India is concern she is trying to sail on two boats one can only make guess about the end result of Indian policy.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
It is possible with competent foreign office ... we just have to establish common interest, OPPORTUNITY exists even today we are just required to work on it ....

I wwas talking about listing post not about Indian Navy vessels

Agreed ....

Better to stay neutral to stay neutral and built common interests ....
as far as India is concern she is trying to sail on two boats one can only make guess about the end result of Indian policy.
No, it won't cause they don't need it ...Why to allow base when "on demand" it can be ...
No indian policy is going right with its economical interest friends of bother Iran and GCC while both dies not care...They are sailing smooth

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Indus Falcon

Professional
Reactions
206 22 0
Country
Pakistan
No, Etisalat try to backtrack from initial offer after knowing the difference with 2nd bidder..Out of more then 3,000 properties only 32 are yet to be transferred..So now 32 properties worth 800 million USD..Everybody knows minister are comprised with UAE government because of there personal interests ..Lets leave this issue..Etisalat is just using this as an excuse otherwise Independent valuation and deduction of money can be a simple answer
Regarding the second i take your words credible since i have no knowledge and nothing i read in Media too...
Its all about money that's what i am saying....Pakistan lacks due to its economical resources ..No body will sacrifice money
My enemy and your enemy mantra should be on equal level..This is what i believe..

You do realize that Govt Asset Transfers happen in Batches / Tranches. So for this transaction, at least 3 to 4 Tranches, min?

3000 properties were transferred and funds not received? Can you see the problem with this story?

Indus Falcon

Professional
Reactions
206 22 0
Country
Pakistan
1) Yes, this proves they are not mere advisers or trainers since KSA can get access to the best of it from US, UK OR NATO..

2) There is no need to please anyone, be it Iranian , Chinese or otherwise..Decision should be taken independently considering cost vs benefit..

3) Starting from NATO supply route fiasco after Salala and now with current issues , none has provided and exert its influence on USA which otherwise could have yield different results

4) Egypt has secured much more without doing much so either we boost a lot and do nothing on ground..At the end whats the PRICE ? any top line defense equipment or economic package ?I think Egypt is much credible then Pakistan or Pakistani Generals are just securing there own retirement package

1) The US Air Force commander in Gulf War 1, in his book said, "the iraqis were trained by 3 nations: Russia, France and Pakistan. We hoped we didn't meet with a pilot trained by the Pakistanis." He didn't say this to blow sunshine up our behind.

I'm surprised @Khafee didn't address,this. His SF's after being trained by the US, SAS, ASAS, were pitched against PN SSGN, and they were highly impressed, so much that they requested instructors.

2) Decisons should be taken for the greater good, in the interest of National Security, but this is Pakistan. Personal gain comes first.

3) After Salala, the supply line shut down, cost the US dearly, had it not been for this, carrot head would have imposed sanctions by now.

4) Egypt has committed a lot more than us in Yemen, as well as in the future. We have neither. Our participation in Yemen, is "at best" token. Even without committing ground troops, we could have done a lot via the AF and Navy, but adhoc decisions are being made to this day.

Yemen, was a golden opportunity lost. All we needed were a handful of serving officers, the rest would have been volunteers from the reserves, officers and jawans, and we could have come up with a 100k - no issues! In return a lot could have been gained, without involving PA.

5) Failure of accountability across the board, breeds a culture of politicians and generals, thinking of making quick bucks. Unless this issue is resolved, nothing will change.

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
plz read the following report (Year-1999) and match the events occurred from 2005 onward in this region with this report (I have just poster screenshot related to Pakistan)

Under Secretary of Defense (Policy) • 1999 Summer Study Final Report
New South Asian Enviourment.jpg
New South Asian Order-1.jpg
New South Asian Order-3.jpg
New South Asian Order-5.jpg
New South Asian Order-7.jpg
New South Asian Order-9(e).jpg
New South Asian Order-12.jpg
New South Asian Order-14.jpg

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
You do realize that Govt Asset Transfers happen in Batches / Tranches. So for this transaction, at least 3 to 4 Tranches, min?

3000 properties were transferred and funds not received? Can you see the problem with this story?
Yes it is...But if tranches continue to come not withed on same pretext of proprieties 800 million is not an installment mere, its almost 40 %of the outstanding amount...Etsialat is just playing here..There is no story the fact is already acknowledge by Etasalat of properties.." The amounts payable are being withheld pending completion of certain conditions in the share purchase agreement related to the transfer of certain assets to PTCL."

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
but we need it .... so we have to make our need THEIR need ... this is what a professional foreign ministry and strategic circles Pakistan MUST DO
No, how in absence of military or economic might one can do this..We need to be practical

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
1) The US Air Force commander in Gulf War 1, in his book said, "the iraqis were trained by 3 nations: Russia, France and Pakistan. We hoped we didn't meet with a pilot trained by the Pakistanis." He didn't say this to blow sunshine up our behind.

I'm surprised @Khafee didn't address,this. His SF's after being trained by the US, SAS, ASAS, were pitched against PN SSGN, and they were highly impressed, so much that they requested instructors.

2) Decisons should be taken for the greater good, in the interest of National Security, but this is Pakistan. Personal gain comes first.

3) After Salala, the supply line shut down, cost the US dearly, had it not been for this, carrot head would have imposed sanctions by now.

4) Egypt has committed a lot more than us in Yemen, as well as in the future. We have neither. Our participation in Yemen, is "at best" token. Even without committing ground troops, we could have done a lot via the AF and Navy, but adhoc decisions are being made to this day.

Yemen, was a golden opportunity lost. All we needed were a handful of serving officers, the rest would have been volunteers from the reserves, officers and jawans, and we could have come up with a 100k - no issues! In return a lot could have been gained, without involving PA.

5) Failure of accountability across the board, breeds a culture of politicians and generals, thinking of making quick bucks. Unless this issue is resolved, nothing will change.
1) They committed more since earlier even years before Yemen they were paid well in Billions ,tens of billion even then there is no boots at ground from them..

2) Yes but it was US that fought on behalf of Kuwait/GCC and through Iraq out .

3) How ? Was the opportunity been provided ? or simply it was announced that Pakistan is a part of alliance without even asking in the morning , FO and all others surprised..I am sure had there been right price was offered the answer could have been something else..

4) Agree, failure of accountability no excuse can be sanctioned for this..

5) Indian economic interest will always precede, no body wishes to loose money sir..lets accept the reality millions of Indians in GCC is fact...
My point is i am ready to accept Pakistan incompetence but other side too has its fair share in it....
Do NATO or EU make excuses like this for Greece or Poland and other poor countries ?before giving them preferential rights ?that since you are corrupt we would not grant any special privileges to your common folks