Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 219 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Brother, your understanding of COMCASA is slightly flawed. This is what it actually is:

Here is all you need to know about COMCASA –

September 06, 2018

1. It is one of the three foundational defence pacts that needs to be signed by a country in order to obtain high-tech military hardware from the US. Before COMCASA, India had signed only one of these agreements – Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) – in 2016. The two countries are yet to begin talks on the third agreement – Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-spatial Cooperation (BECA).

2. The agreement will give Indian military access to function on high-end secured and encrypted communication equipment which are installed on American platforms obtained by Indian Armed Forces. These platforms include C-130 J, C-17, P-8I aircraft, and Apache and Chinook helicopters.

3. The act is usually known as the Communication and Information on Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA). But, it was changed to COMCASA to signify its India-specific alterations.

4. It will also provide a legal framework for the transfer of encrypted communication security equipment from the US to India. It is believed to be safer and more secure than the system that India uses right now. “Signing of Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) will enable India to access advanced technologies from USA,” Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said while addressing the media.

5. The agreement was pending for almost ten years. One of the major reasons for this was the fear that India may compromise its operational independence. Critics had also pointed out that the agreement could jeopardise India’s established military ties with Russia and access to their weapons systems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to address the PAF Blk 70 & 72's

Blk 70's - new built 36~40, of which 6 have been guilt are on hold, due to financing issues.

Blk72's EDA - Total 15 as of now. Of which 4 have been built, and undergoing testing.
Are we paying full price for Block 70s or part payment with CSF , and Do these EDA's cost the same as new fighters or are considered as Second hand ??

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Are we paying full price for Block 70s or part payment with CSF , and Do these EDA's cost the same as new fighters or are considered as Second hand ??
No CSF for Blk 70's.

Blk 72 = EDA = Excess Defence Article = Cheaper than new built. Second hand but flt life extended to 12k hrs.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The first 4 EDA's - will update their delivery schedule in the next 24~48 hrs IA.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
The first 4 EDA's - will update their delivery schedule in the next 24~48 hrs IA.

A birdie flew past me in a storm & said something, what I could make out in background of approaching storm was that " eagles have landed " & are nesting deep down in the burrow (:-)

Disclaimer: Above info can purely be 100% false as my hearing is not good & one often hear voices what he is expecting to hear as mind plays tricks §§•

Therefore waiting for your next announcement anxiously 😇

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
A birdie flew past me in a storm & said something, what I could make out in background of approaching storm was that " eagles have landed " & are nesting deep down in the burrow (:-)

Disclaimer: Above info can purely be 100% false as my hearing is not good & one often hear voices what he is expecting to hear as mind plays tricks §§•

Therefore waiting for your next announcement anxiously 😇
When you have announced it more or less, no point in me saying anything.(:-)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The block 70 on hold, were being funded by Friends that SMQ outburst caused ruckus with ?
If people actually found out the total bill being footed by them, it would mean the end of SMQ's political career.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No way, Honour is & will always be yours Sir besides, you are the guy for the final Confirmation. Your reputation precedes you Alh.
Sub keh be diya, aur kuch na bhi, kiya baat hai aap ki |0|

Waisay "Idarra behbud e abadi," ka kehna hai, kay char ka izafa hoa hai ~^~

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country