Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem is this:

Planes don’t grow on trees.

Countries will offer you planes not because they want to sell to you or think you can afford them but it’s a tactic to persuade your opponent to step up.

Pakistan had ZERO country except China willing to even consider offering us anything.
I know from my friends that our F16s were being cannibalized to get spares and make a squadron worth of Planes ready ....

PAF air commend could dream of, draw plans, demand , go on protest or burn tyres but there
Simply was no political will or Money to get new planes .

Pakistan tried UK ( which even refused spare parts for seaking and Lynx helicopters) , France that embargoed our submarines and upgraded mirages, USA that refused to even release extra tires for F16 , Sweden that outright refused to sell offensive weapon citing their government policy, Russians they told us to dream of and here our member is talking of obtaining Mirage 2000 and Rafael!

Enough brother. Pakistan Airforce can demand anything they want but we need dollars to buy it.

You gotta be a cold hearted monster to prioritize military equipment over 60000 dead and millions of homeless .

I am busy but will write more on post 911 situation later.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF has managed and carried itself with distinction and pride even in the most difficult times. Yes we could have more 18 new F16s then but we would have scaled back on other programs. It’s not like PAF has unlimited budget. I rather have 150 JF17s than 18 F16s

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

If I answer you in the same coin---you will start crying and run to the mods---. Keep me---the person away from your directive stay within the discussion-

No I am not the one to run away. Your posts are so outlandish , inaccurate and outright lies that I finally couldn’t control myself. Just because you have all the time in the world and sit there and type long rants doesn’t mean you even make any sense.
Please do go forward and push my button.

How about that nonsense about tank sinking and officer got out and three jawans drowned..... please enlighten me how can one open hatch under water. I mean hatch opens outward. Just basic rule of physics are needed for some explaination.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
How about that nonsense about tank sinking and officer got out and three jawans drowned..... please enlighten me how can one open hatch under water. I mean hatch opens outward. Just basic rule of physics are needed for some explaination.

It can be---with a lots of effort the hatch can be lifted if the equipment is STUCK in the shallows and not too deep in water---.

Military accidents have records---.

So---rather than FUMING AT ME---next time you are in multan cantt ask your DAD to pull out the record of the tank accident 1979-80 and the number of crew drowned and the person who survived thru the escape hatch---. And you will have your answer---.

Last edited:

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
It can be---with a lots of effort the hatch can be lifted if the equipment is STUCK in the shallows and not too deep in water---.

Military accidents have records---.

So---rather than FUMING AT ME---next time you are in multan cantt ask your DAD to pull out the record of the tank accident 1979-80 and the number of crew drowned and the person who survived thru the escape hatch---. And you will have your answer---.

My dad wasn’t at Multan. He was working on a project that made it possible for Pakistanis to sleep well at night while people like you sit on their key board and type nonsense.

How the hell three people drowned in shallow water ? I have no way to check your story but as usual everything you type is highly dubious.

By the way I was at the house of Air Commadore Nosy Haider when he mentioned to me that Maleah Lodhi’s brother was the front man involved in Mirage 2000 purchase and it was all a scam to make money and French would have raped our country had we gone ahead with that over priced deal . So it was PAF that was forced by Benazir/Zardari to buy those aircrafts. PAF was not over excited to buy another platform and spend their entire budget on maintaining French******

Last edited by a moderator:

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't think the PAF had control of the procurement budget to make a decision on donating for Kashmir.

Procurement runs through the DGDP, which -- on a good day -- is balanced between all 3 services, and usually dominated by the Army on most others. But to be fair, the Army didn't intentionally block sales - the decision to re-route funding came from Mushy, the man who was most invested in a Indian peace deal.

All said and done, if your top exports are bed linens and mangos, you're not going to buy a lot of nice arms. I suspect the procurements we do make come from profits of Fauji Industries et al (like Egypt).

But unlike Egypt or Turkey, our generals insist on running these enterprises directly. If they can just take a back seat and let business pros do the job, these companies can grow into corporate giants with weight overseas. The generals can reap the profit as shareholders, while the nation builds a real reserve fund for arms.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't think the PAF had control of the procurement budget to make a decision on donating for Kashmir.

Procurement runs through the DGDP, which -- on a good day -- is balanced between all 3 services, and usually dominated by the Army on most others. But to be fair, the Army didn't intentionally block sales - the decision to re-route funding came from Mushy, the man who was most invested in a Indian peace deal.

All said and done, if your top exports are bed linens and mangos, you're not going to buy a lot of nice arms. I suspect the procurements we do make come from profits of Fauji Industries et al (like Egypt).

But unlike Egypt or Turkey, our generals insist on running these enterprises directly. If they can just take a back seat and let business pros do the job, these companies can grow into corporate giants with weight overseas. The generals can reap the profit as shareholders, while the nation builds a real reserve fund for arms.

Hi,

The Air Chief of that time stated it on record---the Paf had assessed that the threat of war with india was over as peace deal was about to be signed---. They had this money lying around and they donated it to the EQ fund---. This was a news item---.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
My dad wasn’t at Multan. He was working on a project that made it possible for Pakistanis to sleep well at night while people like you sit on their key board and type nonsense.

How the hell three people drowned in shallow water ? I have no way to check your story but as usual everything you type is highly dubious.

By the way I was at the house of Air Commadore Nosy Haider when he mentioned to me that Maleah Lodhi’s brother was the front man involved in Mirage 2000 purchase and it was all a scam to make money and French would have raped our country had we gone ahead with that over priced deal . So it was PAF that was forced by Benazir/Zardari to buy those aircrafts. PAF was not over excited to buy another platform and spend their entire budget on maintaining French******
Pls dont get personal, and dont use foul language.

Thanks!

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

The Air Chief of that time stated it on record---the Paf had assessed that the threat of war with india was over as peace deal was about to be signed---. They had this money lying around and they donated it to the EQ fund---. This was a news item---.
Which Air Chief?

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

So your entire premises of argument that PAF is incompetent , bunch of cowards and clueless is based on “a news”.... serious climb down from knowing all and smartest of all frame of mind. In Pakistan we don’t have a luxury of money “lying around”..... there are million things money is required for such as feeding and sheltering five million people after the devastating earth quake .

While we were organizing and sending medical teams from Canada and donating huge amount of money here any news that the PAF instead bought planes would have devastated the image of entire institute.

No one in his or her right mind would have done that.

Khafee sorry I have a short temper and I don’t take BS very well. I had closed my eyes for days while this debate was going on but could no longer do that..... sorry if I crossed the line.