Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 38 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Mushy made the announcement, but if we have a name of the CAS' who purportedly made the call then we can find said news items

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Nov. 4 - President Pervez Musharraf said today that Pakistan would postpone the purchase of F-16 fighters from the United States as his country tries to grapple with the massive devastation of the Oct. 8 earthquake, which has claimed more than 73,000 lives.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So your entire premises of argument that PAF is incompetent , bunch of cowards and clueless is based on “a news”.... serious climb down from knowing all and smartest of all frame of mind. In Pakistan we don’t have a luxury of money “lying around”..... there are million things money is required for such as feeding and sheltering five million people after the devastating earth quake .

While we were organizing and sending medical teams from Canada and donating huge amount of money here any news that the PAF instead bought planes would have devastated the image of entire institute.

No one in his or her right mind would have done that.

Khafee sorry I have a short temper and I don’t take BS very well. I had closed my eyes for days while this debate was going on but could no longer do that..... sorry if I crossed the line.
Bro, The UAE Armed Forces carried out its largest relief op in its history. 3 Chinooks were scrambled, besides Pumas., medical teams etc. We gave US$100m and KSA US$130m intially. So I know the devastation that happened 1st hand.

Secondly, I love the PAF as much as you do, but IMO it was NOT PAF who gave the US$5bn or whatever amt they had, It was GoP/Mushy.

Lastly, Who ever reappropriated the funds did a great dis-service to the country. Knowing how things work, and now history is testament, that those effected by the earthquake got nothing from GoP. What little did get through was from other donors. This is one reason why GCC is now reluctant to give cash to GoP, they would rather do an infra project than give cash.

1570747108300.png

1570747275900.png

1570747485900.png

1570747400500.png

1570747213000.png

1570747423000.png

1570747440400.png

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Bro, The UAE Armed Forces carried out its largest relief op in its history. 3 Chinooks were scrambled, besides Pumas., medical teams etc. We gave US$100m and KSA US$130m intially. So I know the devastation that happened 1st hand.

Secondly, I love the PAF as much as you do, but IMO it was NOT PAF who gave the US$5bn or whatever amt they had, It was GoP/Mushy.

Lastly, Who ever reappropriated the funds did a great dis-service to the country. Knowing how things work, and now history is testament, that those effected by the earthquake got nothing from GoP. What little did get through was from other donors. This is one reason why GCC is now reluctant to give cash to GoP, they would rather do an infra project than give cash.

View attachment 10698
View attachment 10700
View attachment 10704
View attachment 10701
View attachment 10699
View attachment 10702
View attachment 10703
I remember this kiyani era UAE was reluctant fisrt but then kiyani went to UAE for request to release chinook. In Alberta winter wind blow with Guest terms as chinook winds

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Mushy made the announcement, but if we have a name of the CAS' who purportedly made the call then we can find said news items

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Nov. 4 - President Pervez Musharraf said today that Pakistan would postpone the purchase of F-16 fighters from the United States as his country tries to grapple with the massive devastation of the Oct. 8 earthquake, which has claimed more than 73,000 lives.

The Air Chief at that time was Kaleem Saddat, but as @Khafee said it was not PAF but GOP/Mushy that made the decision of delaying the F-16 and rightly so as the country was going through its worst natural catastrophe.....But then corruption kicked in and those funds were embezzled, and many countries till date do not trust the GOP.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I remember this kiyani era UAE was reluctant fisrt but then kiyani went to UAE for request to release chinook. In Alberta winter wind blow with Guest terms as chinook winds
Not sure where you got this from, but the Chinooks were personally ordered by our President, and were operated by us. He was very concerned about the Relief Op, and took daily updates, I was the Liaison officer who would tally the intel from our teams and PA, and then pass it on to Him and other depts.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The Air Chief at that time was Kaleem Saddat, but as @Khafee said it was not PAF but GOP/Mushy that made the decision of delaying the F-16 and rightly so as the country was going through its worst natural catastrophe.....But then corruption kicked in and those funds were embezzled, and many countries till date do not trust the GOP.
I feel Mushy should have taken the US into confidence and quietly gone for the Vipers, with some sort of differed payment / USAid / discount story.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Not sure where you got this from, but the Chinooks were personally ordered by our President, and were operated by us. He was very concerned about the Relief Op, and took daily updates, I was the Liaison officer who would tally the intel from our teams and PA, and then pass it on to Him and other depts.
Read on paper somewhere but ur more Authentic beacuse ur were involved first hand

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Stupid corruption ... it’s in our genes.... we cannot live without it and don’t give a damn about who will suffer because of it. I rest my case . To me helping victims was way more important than more F16s . I also believe Air chief had limited say in this decision. At that moment in time it was the right decision. Rest only time will tell.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Stupid corruption ... it’s in our genes.... we cannot live without it and don’t give a damn about who will suffer because of it. I rest my case . To me helping victims was way more important than more F16s . I also believe Air chief had limited say in this decision. At that moment in time it was the right decision. Rest only time will tell.
More tech involvement along more women share in offices and other walk of life can't eliminate but can reduce it to some extent studies shows women are less corrupt then men are for some reason

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

That was polite no to US.
Musharraf funded jF-17 and ZDK-03 instead, from state exchequer.
Earth quake funds were under ERA control, and were still coming in and were not in billions.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

View attachment 10698
View attachment 10700
View attachment 10704
View attachment 10701
View attachment 10699
View attachment 10702
View attachment 10703

I know largest financial contribution was from KSA.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I know largest financial contribution was from KSA.
We are unthankful nation we forget easily role USA UK along KSA and UAE other Gulf states was great I believe without theior real time help with men and mechine plus money Pak was facing a calamity. I always salute to yanks for theior help at EQ also flooding during Zardari era as a nation we must remember and appriacite the countries who helped Us.