Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
USAF, Lockheed finalizing $62B contract to sell allies commoditized F-16 jets
By Sara Sirota / April 20, 2020

The Air Force's F-16 program office is finalizing a contract worth up to $62 billion with Lockheed Martin to provide foreign partners a standard version of the advanced Block 70/72 Viper variant -- starting with Morocco and Taiwan. The indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity deal is the first of its kind for the F-16 program and part of a new commoditization approach to foreign military sales.

US Air Force wants commoditised F-16 for easier Foreign Military Sales
Sir Pakistan still in game for f16 in context of afgan usa deal outcome, or option dried out for Pakistan

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir Pakistan still in game for f16 in context of afgan usa deal outcome, or option dried out for Pakistan
My understanding is that the planes are available to Pakistan (there will be no opposition from the US Congress). Sticking point is funding. Pakistan wants it to be funded via frozen CSF funds, which by our calculations are 10-12b.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
My understanding is that the planes are available to Pakistan (there will be no opposition from the US Congress). Sticking point is funding. Pakistan wants it to be funded via frozen CSF funds, which by our calculations are 10-12b.
Sir CSF is then case, bcuz be cant offord on hard cash this the reality, otherwise going russia was cheaper option,
My question mean is CSF option is available in actual or just our wish

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir CSF is then case, bcuz be cant offord on hard cash this the reality, otherwise going russia was cheaper option,
My question mean is CSF option is available in actual or just our wish
If it wasn't, then we would not be hearing any of these rumors. It must have been floated as a carrot for Pakistan to bring Taliban to the table. Which we did. And the agreement b/w Taliban and the US Gov has gone ahead. Taliban have kept to their word in the past few months. Lets see how it shakes out.

Now analyze the news at hand. A 62b contract has been finalized b/w US Gov & LM. 62b order means around 240 aircraft.
Break it down by country: 25 - Morocco, 66+ Taiwan, 18 - Jordan, 40 - Poland (maybe). Bulgaria & Croatia maybe 20 each. Who else is left to buy. Indonesia ? I think they are more interested in Su35s. Egypt has gone Rafale/Mig35 route. So conservatively 40+ aircraft for an existing operator.

Again just my opinion based on news available.

Reactions
136 0 0
Country
Pakistan
If it wasn't, then we would not be hearing any of these rumors. It must have been floated as a carrot for Pakistan to bring Taliban to the table. Which we did. And the agreement b/w Taliban and the US Gov has gone ahead. Taliban have kept to their word in the past few months. Lets see how it shakes out.

Now analyze the news at hand. A 62b contract has been finalized b/w US Gov & LM. 62b order means around 240 aircraft.
Break it down by country: 25 - Morocco, 66+ Taiwan, 18 - Jordan, 40 - Poland (maybe). Bulgaria & Croatia maybe 20 each. Who else is left to buy. Indonesia ? I think they are more interested in Su35s. Egypt has gone Rafale/Mig35 route. So conservatively 40+ aircraft for an existing operator.

Again just my opinion based on news available.
Bhai ap india ko a bhool jaty ho india le na le but usa usy de ga zaroor
Or ham ko bhi zyada khush fehmi main ni rehna chayie

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Bhai ap india ko a bhool jaty ho india le na le but usa usy de ga zaroor
Or ham ko bhi zyada khush fehmi main ni rehna chayie
No kush fehmi. Just making an educated guess based on news available. It might be 120 for Taiwan (as they need F-CK-1 Ching-kuo and M2k). But as of right now 66 new F-16 blk 70/72 have been approved for Taiwan. 100 could be for for Poland to replace all legacy Soviet planes.

Reactions
136 0 0
Country
Pakistan
No kush fehmi. Just making an educated guess based on news available. It might be 120 for Taiwan (as they need F-CK-1 Ching-kuo and M2k). But as of right now 66 new F-16 blk 70/72 have been approved for Taiwan. 100 could be for for Poland to replace all legacy Soviet planes.
Sir as indian concerns of long delays they just ruined our market no thing else we purchase not much as indian so due to huge milky market of india seller always prefer profity countries. They will never lose a markeat for the sake of max 2 Squadrons f16. Where instead they hope at least six Squadrons of jets & other goodies will go and got some liverage too

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
One thing is for sure, DoD will keep the production line open. This US$62b is to insure it remains open, and keeps churning them out.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir as indian concerns of long delays they just ruined our market no thing else we purchase not much as indian so due to huge milky market of india seller always prefer profity countries. They will never lose a markeat for the sake of max 2 Squadrons f16. Where instead they hope at least six Squadrons of jets & other goodies will go and got some liverage too
Please understand, this is US government buying from LM for their allies. As far as LM is concerned, all 250 are for are for USAF.