Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 96 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
First of all as per LM any country with f16 can be f35 customer. ... look of prices decrease to attract all those client. Same cab be f16 case ...

For reference

Lockheed executives have said that any country with an F-16 jet, the predecessor to the F-35, is a potential customer.

The F-35A, the most common version of the aircraft, will each cost $82.4 million in 2020, $79.17 million in 2021 and $77.9 million in 2022, the Pentagon told reporters

Yes any F-16 operator can. But requires clearance from the US Gov. If it was upto Lockheed Martin, they would sell F-22s to Russia.

Why are we going on and on on this?

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
If it wasn't, then we would not be hearing any of these rumors. It must have been floated as a carrot for Pakistan to bring Taliban to the table. Which we did. And the agreement b/w Taliban and the US Gov has gone ahead. Taliban have kept to their word in the past few months. Lets see how it shakes out.

Now analyze the news at hand. A 62b contract has been finalized b/w US Gov & LM. 62b order means around 240 aircraft.
Break it down by country: 25 - Morocco, 66+ Taiwan, 18 - Jordan, 40 - Poland (maybe). Bulgaria & Croatia maybe 20 each. Who else is left to buy. Indonesia ? I think they are more interested in Su35s. Egypt has gone Rafale/Mig35 route. So conservatively 40+ aircraft for an existing operator.

Again just my opinion based on news available.
Poland switching to F35 knock her out from list. Jordan they already have F16s used one in stock. Taiwan is big customer along Morocco, Indonesia is in between I believe PAF will get more than 40 if they get good price and jetts are available I gutt feeling if all go through 55-60 along upgrades to existing blk 52s. It's great news and I see F16s are coming IA in good numbers.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
After getting their beds warmed by Sunny Leon, the American senators will lobby against Pakistan anyway. So I am not hopeful about these jets coming to Pakistan.
Also I hope the deal fails and paf concentrates on capacity building, block 3 and project Azm.

Reactions
136 0 0
Country
Pakistan
And this was in the intrest of us back in late 80 sir when we also got f16 after we denie their offer of a10 warthogs if iam not mistaken?

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
After getting their beds warmed by Sunny Leon, the American senators will lobby against Pakistan anyway. So I am not hopeful about these jets coming to Pakistan.
Also I hope the deal fails and paf concentrates on capacity building, block 3 and project Azm.
Seems to be actual reality, apparently and realistically get nothing then few support stuff agian... ?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Poland switching to F35 knock her out from list. Jordan they already have F16s used one in stock. Taiwan is big customer along Morocco, Indonesia is in between I believe PAF will get more than 40 if they get good price and jetts are available I gutt feeling if all go through 55-60 along upgrades to existing blk 52s. It's great news and I see F16s are coming IA in good numbers.

That is what my assumption is as well.
I think US wants its influence in Pakistan as well. Whatever you want to say, Pakistan still loves US equipment. If US keeps a hardline with Pakistan, then they would lose any kind of influence/leverage with Pakistan. We have seen training of Pak Military personnel start back in USA. If I am not mistaken, Pakistan still has the Most Favored Non-Nato Ally status that allows it to get EDA F-16 and other surplus equipment. If I was in PAF, I would quitely go and pick 20-40 older F-16 blk 30-40 from the boneyard :)

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Only way we are accepting them if they are funded via CSF. Pakistan will not be spending any hard cash on it.
If the deal materializes, it will not impact any other projects.
You need to keep an open mind. Blk 72 (with AIM-120D) effectively neutralizes the immediate threat posed by IAF Rafales in the next 2-4 years.

Project Azm is a 15-20 year project and JF-17 blk3 cannot counter Rafale 1v1

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
That is what my assumption is as well.
I think US wants its influence in Pakistan as well. Whatever you want to say, Pakistan still loves US equipment. If US keeps a hardline with Pakistan, then they would lose any kind of influence/leverage with Pakistan. We have seen training of Pak Military personnel start back in USA. If I am not mistaken, Pakistan still has the Most Favored Non-Nato Ally status that allows it to get EDA F-16 and other surplus equipment. If I was in PAF, I would quitely go and pick 20-40 older F-16 blk 30-40 from the boneyard :)
This was discussed and declined, unless you buy new ones §§•

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
B
But i read somewhere that couple of batteries of s400 delivered to Turkey may be it was speculation but was discussed on other fouram by senior members.
They have been delivered, have a look at this thread:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes Buy 36 new and pickup 40 surplus on the way :D
Main nahi batoonga -c.jpg

:xD: :xD: :xD: