Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 97 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Only way we are accepting them if they are funded via CSF. Pakistan will not be spending any hard cash on it.
If the deal materializes, it will not impact any other projects.
You need to keep an open mind. Blk 72 (with AIM-120D) effectively neutralizes the immediate threat posed by IAF Rafales in the next 2-4 years.

Project Azm is a 15-20 year project and JF-17 blk3 cannot counter Rafale 1v1
In the 80s when the F-16 first arrived in Pakistan, they became an obsession for Pakistanis. F-16 were in news , and painted on Trucks and toys sold to children. F-16 match sticks, toffees, ice lollies and everything.
I am bored of these old birds . Need something else to cheer about.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
In the 80s when the F-16 first arrived in Pakistan, they became an obsession for Pakistanis. F-16 were in news , and painted on Trucks and toys sold to children. F-16 match sticks, toffees, ice lollies and everything.
How could you be so blasphemous man ?

You forgot the F-16 Naswar,:mad:

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes Buy 36 new and pickup 40 surplus on the way :D and pay LM 10-15M per to upgrade to V std
Modi will get heart attack but things are not good for him diplomatically and in media.Ppl in Mideast and west consider current indian Govt part of problem not solution.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
True we need new love but nothing better than old love F16s suits Us for variety of reasons with induction of new and used upgarded F16s will give PAF enough time to concentrate on AZAM and blk 3 with blk 72 combo PL15 and AIM 120D is perfect to deal with Rafale and SU35

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Your opposition to F-16 is because you are bored and need a new shiny object......
BTW blk 70/72 is <> Blk 15 we got in the 80s.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
After getting their beds warmed by Sunny Leon, the American senators will lobby against Pakistan anyway. So I am not hopeful about these jets coming to Pakistan.
Also I hope the deal fails and paf concentrates on capacity building, block 3 and project Azm.
Sunny Leon is from Windsor Ontario. she is canadian not Indian. Wana say one thing Indian women love Pak C. I hope u understood

Last edited:

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Your opposition to F-16 is because you are bored and need a new shiny object......
BTW blk 70/72 is <> Blk 15 we got in the 80s.
Hypotheses if US agree to sell PAF F16 with CSF let's say Pak looking 12 billion and US say No and settle dispute over 8-9 How many F16s PAF can get around 6 billion? Iam talking about this current standard package??

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Hypotheses if US agree to sell PAF F16 with CSF let's say Pak looking 12 billion and US say No and settle dispute over 8-9 How many F16s PAF can get around 6 billion? Iam talking about this current standard package??
Moroccan contract for 25 new Blk 72 is 3.87B (154M / plane) + 983M (40M/plane) to upgrade existing 25 to V std. Don't know exactly what is included in 154M/plane from weapons perspective. If we get new ones at 75M/plane, 36 would be 2.7B plus upgrade existing for another 1.5B. So 5B will get you a fleet of 110 very able platforms. If those are augmented by 24-36 J-15Ps, there will have a lot of wet dhotis amongst our eastern neighbors. Check mate Modi for the next 5-8 years. Hopefully we can use that time to improve our economy and put it on a solid footing and have robust indegenious programs in motion to counter future threats.

EDIT: Bahrain paid 70m per unit for 16 Blk 70 recently.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Moroccan contract for 25 new Blk 72 is 3.87B (154M / plane) + 983M (40M/plane) to upgrade existing 25 to V std. Don't know exactly what is included in 154M/plane from weapons perspective. If we get new ones at 75M/plane, 36 would be 2.7B plus upgrade existing for another 1.5B. So 5B will get you a fleet of 110 very able platforms. If those are augmented by 24-36 J-15Ps, there will have a lot of wet dhotis amongst our eastern neighbors. Check mate Modi for the next 5-8 years. Hopefully we can use that time to improve our economy and put it on a solid footing and have robust indegenious programs in motion to counter future threats.

EDIT: Bahrain paid 70m per unit for 16 Blk 70 recently.
I like Moroccan camo make theior vipers very unique. With this arrangement what LM got from DOD I believe PAF will get vipers IA with CSF money. Trump called IK today also shows goodwill from both sides but seeing nature of Trump mind as business-centric Pak should also use charm for PIA too So Trump won't feel he loosing money.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I like Moroccan camo make theior vipers very unique. With this arrangement what LM got from DOD I believe PAF will get vipers IA with CSF money. Trump called IK today also shows goodwill from both sides but seeing nature of Trump mind as business-centric Pak should also use charm for PIA too So Trump won't feel he loosing money.
Had it not for the corrupt idiots we had for the past 15 years. And we had some Forex reserves on hand, we could have picked up grounded 777 & 787s from various airlines and put in forward buy contracts for crude oil for the next 5 years. Cut our petroleum import bill by 70% for the next 5 years!

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Well you did not get it.
Hint is. . Strings attached since day one
Alternatively,
Even if we don’t get them, A fleet of 4 squadrons of Flankers, And Block 3 thunders exceeding 100, While we later on upgrade our existing F-16 fleet through Turkish Ozgur program. I would say 70-75 Ozgur F-16s, 250 Thunders (100 Block 3/), Upgraded Mirages and 50 J-15s would be enough of a punch until AZM. Cheapest and most effective solution

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Alternatively,
Even if we don’t get them, A fleet of 4 squadrons of Flankers, And Block 3 thunders exceeding 100, While we later on upgrade our existing F-16 fleet through Turkish Ozgur program. I would say 70-75 Ozgur F-16s, 250 Thunders (100 Block 3/), Upgraded Mirages and 50 J-15s would be enough of a punch until AZM. Cheapest and most effective solution
I rather have a stick or a sword I can use as and when I want than a gun who's bullets are taken away from me when I need them
All American weapons are the same. They will embargo Pakistan and reduce Pakistan's capacity to use the weapons in any war with India, making those weapons pointless.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Had it not for the corrupt idiots we had for the past 15 years. And we had some Forex reserves on hand, we could have picked up grounded 777 & 787s from various airlines and put in forward buy contracts for crude oil for the next 5 years. Cut our petroleum import bill by 70% for the next 5 years!
Petroleum will stay low and give some relief to Pak but nothing wrong to negotiate new jet for PIA if US give PIA loan or financing it will some relief to Boeing along if PN get Some deal from Boeing?
We need to reach a understanding and cooperation with US in both civil and military So US economy kick starts quicker is good.
If G20 defer loan payments to Pak it has sizeabke money in her hands can repay any deal with US. IK is smart man and also American trust on him as he helped them on taliban issue and rescue them now playing smart he can negotiate a good deal with US in arms and civilian package