Pakistan Navy MILGEM Class corvettes: Steel cutting ceremony held | Page 5 | World Defense

Pakistan Navy MILGEM Class corvettes: Steel cutting ceremony held

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
PLN usually used number 3x for SSKs and 9X for SSN/SSBN, thus when you wrote 39A++ I had to ask if that is the new class for SSNs.
What I meant, it will be a hybrid. It may not sit in any of the current PLAN classification nomenclature.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
What I meant, it will be a hybrid. It may not sit in any of the current PLAN classification nomenclature.
Sir, there is confusion now.
Type 041 / 039A yuan class AIP Submarines
( we are getting 6 of them)

Type 095 is SSN ( nuclear powered attack submarine which is able to launch cruise misiiles)

Type 096/094 is SSBN ( nuclear powered + ability to launch ballistic missiles also called Boomers)
My Q is are we getting 6+2 (SSN)
Or 6+2 (SSBN) or 4 +2+2?
Which ballistic missile can we use with SSBN?

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Meet China's Type 055: Beijing's Very Own Zumwalt Stealth Destroyer?

Share on FacebookF
Share on TwitterL
Share on LinkedInI
Subscribe to RSSR
Print
July 10, 2020 Topic: Security Region: Asia Blog Brand: The Reboot Tags: ChinaMilitaryDefenseChinese NavySouth China SeaType 055
The Chinese People’s Liberation Army Navy is preparing to deploy a new, stealthy, heavily armed high-tech class of Type 055 destroyer intended to offer sea attack, air defenses and wartime support to carriers to carriers and amphibs at war on the open ocean.

by Kris Osborn

Report Advertisement
Here's What You Need To Remember: Commissioned earlier this year in January, the Nanchang has now completed its first replenishment exercises at sea. Interestingly, the ship represents China’s effort to engineer a stealthy destroyer by virtue of its blended body-bow, smooth exterior, absence of large protruding deck masts and few external deck-mounted weapons. In some respects, the ship does appear to resemble some elements of the U.S. Navy’s stealthy USS Zumwalt destroyer.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Meet China's Type 055: Beijing's Very Own Zumwalt Stealth Destroyer?

Share on FacebookF
Share on TwitterL
Share on LinkedInI
Subscribe to RSSR
Print
July 10, 2020 Topic: Security Region: Asia Blog Brand: The Reboot Tags: ChinaMilitaryDefenseChinese NavySouth China SeaType 055
The Chinese People’s Liberation Army Navy is preparing to deploy a new, stealthy, heavily armed high-tech class of Type 055 destroyer intended to offer sea attack, air defenses and wartime support to carriers to carriers and amphibs at war on the open ocean.

by Kris Osborn

Report Advertisement
Here's What You Need To Remember: Commissioned earlier this year in January, the Nanchang has now completed its first replenishment exercises at sea. Interestingly, the ship represents China’s effort to engineer a stealthy destroyer by virtue of its blended body-bow, smooth exterior, absence of large protruding deck masts and few external deck-mounted weapons. In some respects, the ship does appear to resemble some elements of the U.S. Navy’s stealthy USS Zumwalt destroyer.
For Pakistan destroyer like Type 52 D or soon Turkish TF 2000 is more than enough. Just order and get as many as you can. What we should have done is modify Type 54 A to similar to FRENCH FREMM class.
images - 2020-07-02T094247.075.jpeg

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan

Type 095 is SSN ( nuclear powered attack submarine which is able to launch cruise misiiles)

Type 096/094 is SSBN ( nuclear powered + ability to launch ballistic missiles also called Boomers)
Or 6+2 (SSBN) or 4 +2+2?
Can this be answered? If not, no worries. Thank you.
Sir @Khafee sir @Gripen9

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan

Or 6+2 (SSBN) or 4 +2+2?
My opinion is it will be more like a type 95 SSN with ability to launch cruise missiles.

@Khafee if of the mind that it will be a mini boomer i-e a SSBN with 4-6 BM launch tubes versus 12.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
My opinion is it will be more like a type 95 SSN with ability to launch cruise missiles.

@Khafee if of the mind that it will be a mini boomer i-e a SSBN with 4-6 BM launch tubes versus 12.

Of the 8 new subs from China, for PN, my understanding is that there will be 2 SSBN / boomers, min 2 SSN's and the rest AIP / SSK subs.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
Of the 8 new subs from China, for PN, my understanding is that there will be 2 SSBN / boomers, min 2 SSN's and the rest AIP / SSK subs.

So four or less would be SSK ( AIP ), that would give PN a very formidable and potent sub-surface fleet. With MRV, even 4 odd SLBM are deadly deterrents.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Navy Keeps Silent On Mystery Submarine But New Details Emerge
H I SuttonContributor
Aerospace & Defense
I cover the changing world of underwater warfare.
The unidentified Pakistani Navy submarine is based in Karachi
The unidentified submarine is located away from[+]
H I SUTTON. INCLUDES MATERIAL © CNES 2020, DISTRIBUTION AIRBUS DS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED / PLEIADES SATELLITE IMAGERY | ACQUIRED THROUGH SHADOWBREAK INTL
The Pakistan Navy has not yet officially acknowledged the submarine sitting on the quay outside its special forces headquarters. The submarine was first revealed on Forbes in April. Since then further satellite images have emerged. These provide additional clues about the unidentified boat.

But more significantly, there may have been a social media leak from an official twitter account.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

GE Signs Contract to Provide LM2500 Gas Turbines to Power Pakistan Navy’s New MILGEM Corvettes

October 6, 2020
1602020836300.png

1602021035000.png
GE Marine to provide LM2500 marine gas turbines for Pakistan Navy's new MILGEM corvettes

EVENDALE, Ohio -- GE Marine announced it has signed a contract with STM (Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik Ve Ticaret A.Ş.), Ankara, Turkey, to provide LM2500 marine gas turbines to power the Pakistan Navy’s new MILGEM multipurpose corvettes. STM is the main propulsion system integrator for the MILGEM newbuilds.

In July 2018, the Pakistan Navy contracted for four MILGEM corvettes with ASFAT (Askeri Fabrika ve Tersane İşletme A.Ş.), two of them to be built in Turkey and the other two in Pakistan. Recent milestones for the Pakistan Navy’s MILGEM program include the keel laying of the first ship in Istanbul, Turkey, and the steel cutting ceremony for the second corvette in Karachi, Pakistan.

“We are delighted to provide the Pakistan Navy with our proven LM2500 gas turbine to power these new MILGEM corvettes,” said Kris Shepherd, Vice President, Marine Operations, GE Marine, Evendale, Ohio. “Our LM2500 gas turbines are reliably logging operating hours onboard the Turkish Navy’s four MILGEM corvettes, the first of which was commissioned in 2011,” he added.

The propulsion system for all the MILGEM ships consist of one LM2500 gas turbine in a combined diesel and gas turbine configuration with two diesel engines; total propulsion power is 31,600 kilowatts. Additionally, 24 LM2500s operate aboard the Turkish Navy’s Barbaros and Gabya class frigates. Worldwide, there are over 1,200 marine LM2500 gas turbines providing reliable power for 39 international navies and in countless industrial applications.

The LM2500 gas turbines for the Pakistan Navy’s MILGEM program will be manufactured at GE’s facility in Evendale, Ohio, U.S.A.

GE’s marine gas turbine business is part of GE Aviation and is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
GE is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of marine propulsion products, systems and solutions including six aeroderivative gas turbines ranging from 6,000 to 70,656 shaft horsepower/4.6 to 52.7 megawatts.
These gas turbines reliably operate the world over in some of the most arduous conditions in temperatures ranging from -40 to 120 degrees F/-40 to 48 degrees C. For more information, visit ge.com/marine.