Pakistan News & Discussions | Page 2 | World Defense

Pakistan News & Discussions

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Nothing more than what you have written already, maybe a Heli was also fired upon of PA & then ANA & TTP had that pounding you mentioned. A girl was also injured by a mortar/rpg fired from across border. News is many posts have been obliterated by PA of ANA.
I heard after that they did it again though and killed more civilians. All this is going to do is make the ex tribals hate Kabul even more. In their haste and rage they are alienating themselves.

I hope FC and PA move forward.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Brother there are decisions & mess created by current government (though I would always vote for IK instead of PPP & PMLN until a better candidate than IK arises, for me personally IK is better on any given day than corrupt & traitors who sell their motherland & had made Pakistan their Private state & made their Family right to rule over us) this particular decision has to be made because of an other mess left by PMLN goons.

Following is the piece I wrote couple of months ago & I myself am the authenticity of following events as it all happened/happening in front of my eyes.

"Hi

The retired employees of PTV are not being paid their dues. There is almost a list of 300 employees who are in waiting list from past 2.5 years.

The Management is saying they are broke & don't have the funds.

BUT , where did all d savings went from Employees Pension Head ??
Why PTV does not have the money to pay their employees Commutation??

Here comes the dark part,
Thanks to ex-minister of state for Information Maryam Aurangzeb, savings in the Employees Pension Head were used for giving high salaries to contract employees, support lavish n luxurious incentives to higher management & ministry employees & to run & pay the salaries of Maryum Nawaz's infamous Media Cell.

PTV was milked mercilessly & left dried.

Same time, news were coming that Government is thinking of placing PTV under mortgage along other state assets.

Another gift from the Mafia that ruled Pakistan.

An initial inquiry was opened by NAB against ex-minister for misusing these funds & buying assets in most expensive sectors of Islamabad.

Long story short, Every other week there was a huge protest at PTV HQ in Islamabad by retired employees. Last sit in went for almost 2 months before a deal was brokered by special assistant Firdous Aashiq between employees & PTV management.

(One of the factor of Fawad Ch losing his Ministry for Information & Broadcasting was that he was reluctant to solve this mess as he had personal issues with then MD of PTV, so he faced wrath by the retired employees as well)

It was decided to clear Commutation dues of retired employees within 6 months but after few employees were cleared, management cried again of being out of funds.

Now every other day there is a sit-in in red zone & it becomes a headache for Management & the Government as well.

So, here comes the solution, to increase the monthly license fee"

Even pension is not being payed in full amount to some retired employees. This proposition was given in a meeting between PTV Management & ex-employees to generate lost funds & then given to Ministry from where it was presented to PM.
PTV should have been a massive network now. With it's own music studios, drama and film sets/ colleges. But nothing happened and it is stuck in the 80s.

PTV has so much potential and it can even reach into iran, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, india, middle east and china.

Make balochi, punjabi, pakhto, persian, Kashmiri, urdu, English, and even other language songs/shows.

The shows can be easily dubbed and there are many talented artists in Pakistan with amazing voices. That can be made/sponsored into large popular singers or music groups. Which will also boost the economy. Look at the groups in japan and South Korea. They have global reach now and they are dominating the music industry. 70% of their fan base doesn't even speak their languages.

This all happened because of well organized companies. PTV like PIA has so much potential but we have sh$t leaders.

When was the last time Pakistan produced a famous singer that has preformed on the world stage?. It did it in the 60s, 70s and even 80s why cant it do it now?

When was the last time Pakistan produced an amazing movie?

We have so much history that the stories are endless. The Indians are stealing our heritage now by making movies on harapa etc. That's our history and it's being stolen just like out culture is. All because we are lazy.

IVC civilization
Greek kingdoms
Iranic kingdoms
Scythians
White huns
Kushans
Bactrians
Gandahara
Porus
Fighting Alexander and halting his army
Arabs

Major religions like buddhism, Hinduism, sikhism, and finally islam. There is soo much that they can make movies and shows for 100s of years about it.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Brother there are decisions & mess created by current government (though I would always vote for IK instead of PPP & PMLN until a better candidate than IK arises, for me personally IK is better on any given day than corrupt & traitors who sell their motherland & had made Pakistan their Private state & made their Family right to rule over us) this particular decision has to be made because of an other mess left by PMLN goons.

Following is the piece I wrote couple of months ago & I myself am the authenticity of following events as it all happened/happening in front of my eyes.

"Hi

The retired employees of PTV are not being paid their dues. There is almost a list of 300 employees who are in waiting list from past 2.5 years.

The Management is saying they are broke & don't have the funds.

BUT , where did all d savings went from Employees Pension Head ??
Why PTV does not have the money to pay their employees Commutation??

Here comes the dark part,
Thanks to ex-minister of state for Information Maryam Aurangzeb, savings in the Employees Pension Head were used for giving high salaries to contract employees, support lavish n luxurious incentives to higher management & ministry employees & to run & pay the salaries of Maryum Nawaz's infamous Media Cell.

PTV was milked mercilessly & left dried.

Same time, news were coming that Government is thinking of placing PTV under mortgage along other state assets.

Another gift from the Mafia that ruled Pakistan.

An initial inquiry was opened by NAB against ex-minister for misusing these funds & buying assets in most expensive sectors of Islamabad.

Long story short, Every other week there was a huge protest at PTV HQ in Islamabad by retired employees. Last sit in went for almost 2 months before a deal was brokered by special assistant Firdous Aashiq between employees & PTV management.

(One of the factor of Fawad Ch losing his Ministry for Information & Broadcasting was that he was reluctant to solve this mess as he had personal issues with then MD of PTV, so he faced wrath by the retired employees as well)

It was decided to clear Commutation dues of retired employees within 6 months but after few employees were cleared, management cried again of being out of funds.

Now every other day there is a sit-in in red zone & it becomes a headache for Management & the Government as well.

So, here comes the solution, to increase the monthly license fee"

Even pension is not being payed in full amount to some retired employees. This proposition was given in a meeting between PTV Management & ex-employees to generate lost funds & then given to Ministry from where it was presented to PM.
Why arent these ex-ministers in Jail. Your fault, mine or IK?

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
This govt is proving to be as dumb as the previous ones. There is no way any sane person can justify this ridiculous fee increase

Govt ‘all set’ to increase monthly PTV fee
By: News Desk Published: 01:48 AM, 18 Jul, 2020
The government has reportedly got approval of the federal cabinet to increase the monthly PTV fee from Rs35 to Rs100.
According to the sources, the government got approval of the federal cabinet in this regard through a circular.The government collects the monthly PTV fee from consumers through utility bills.

Federal Govt approves increase of Rs 65 in PTV license fee
18 July,2020
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – The Federal Government on Friday has approved an increase of Rs 65, from. 35 to Rs. 100, in Pakistan Television (PTV) license fee, Dunya News reported.
According to sources, the government has sought approval from the federal cabinet to increase PTV license fee through a circulation. The additional amount will be added to the electricity bills of the consumers.
Sources further informed that the decision will put an additional burden of Rs 21 billion on consumers annually.

seriously now we are going to discuss TV fee?

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

No something called judiciary. Judges, prosecutors, Police officers, lawyers all appointed by the previous government and IK administration cannot remove anyone because they go running to LHC and IHC to get it over ruled...

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan

Well, I would like to break the answer in following parts as who is to blame & who's fault is it;
  1. Majorly Systems's fault, at least IK has exposed this system, the Constitution, the Judiciary, the Bureaucratic Mafia as well. But if you want to pin point, it is the System.
  2. You, me & IK as well would love to implement the Saudi Model & retrieve the looted wealth, but can we?? In presence of this Constitution & Judiciary ? Unfortunately answer is No.
  3. Then we saw how NS escaped again, with the stamp of the Court, although it was with the consent of Boots & MN was to stay here in Pakistan until NS gave $$ according to the deal he cut but again, as soon as he went outside he reverted back as usual from the deal. ( I would love to know who were the middle men/guarantors who help cut the deal & how they are feeling now being betrayed by NS, was it Qatar/Turkey? )
  4. & Yes, what you are hinting at is also correct. IK also had to make compromises, we can count on fingers the loyal men in his party & it will not reach to double figures. He is blackmailed even by his own ministers let alone coalition parties :D For this reason I personally vouch for a Presidential system in Pakistan.
  5. This point maybe many of brothers would not agree but again I will vote for an honest & less competent person than a competent & dis honest one because the net result of being corrupt & dishonest will never bring Khair & Barkat in the long run.
  6. Would love to have a Real Opposition leader who give tough time to IK as he used to do in past & keep a check on him OR a better person in Government & IK again in opposition.
  7. Am not defending any poor/bad decisions made by current Government/IK. In a net shell, I find them much better than PPP/PMLN.
  8. Lastly, we are not going to get another Jinnah or Iqbal, they are born in a millennia, so we have to make do with what we have, the least of incompetent & corrupt.

PS: My personal view is, no matter what, until system/constitution & implementation of Law is not brought, it will take ages to solve the mess we are in & even then Who Knows & first step to solve a problem & pull the guts out of it is to realise it exists.

"I am also a little bit disappointed, but not hopeless, it was never going to be easy,it never is"

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
YES, to you it might mean nothing, but to the guy who is earning even 50k per month, every penny counts. This is nothing but extortion and extreme ZULM / Cruelty / injustice, in this so called new "riyasat e Madina", which is nothing less than a farce!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No something called judiciary. Judges, prosecutors, Police officers, lawyers all appointed by the previous government and IK administration cannot remove anyone because they go running to LHC and IHC to get it over ruled...
and IK was living under a rock, or in a cave somewhere prior to talking an oath as PM, he didn't know any of these ground realities, hence made all those promises, of which the biggest was "Justice". The very foundation on which he started his political party, is THE MOST OBVIOUS thing that is missing!

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
YES, to you it might mean nothing, but to the guy who is earning even 50k per month, every penny counts. This is nothing but extortion and extreme ZULM / Cruelty / injustice, in this so called new "riyasat e Madina", which is nothing less than a farce!

Riyasat e Madina was not created in two years and even back then there were not that many corrupt, hypocrits, killers, fake Maulvis living on the land of Islam.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Since Rs.100 is beneath you, lets discuss this:

Govt approves hiking drug prices by 10%
Amends Drug Pricing Policy 2018 to allow 7% hike in prices of lifesavings drugs; 10% in other drugs
Shabbir Hussain July 18, 2020

ISLAMABAD:
The PTI led federal government has amended the Drug Pricing Policy 2018, allowing pharmaceutical companies to increase prices of medicines up to 10%. According to a source, the decision to raise drug prices has been taken in line with consumer price index (CPI).

The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) on Friday issued a notification which said the regulator has allowed pharmaceutical companies to increase prices of their lifesaving drugs by up to 7% and other drugs by up to 10% on recommendation and approval of the government and its policy board.

According to the notifications, the pharmaceutical companies and drug importers will be bound to submit all the evidence of a raise in the maximum retail price (MRP) of a medicine along with the signatures of the company’s chief executive officer to DRAP.

DRAP will not accept revised prices of a pharmaceutical company or importer, if they fail to submit this evidence. DRAP will approve the new prices within 30 days after verifying the documents. However, the new prices will be thought to be effective if DRAP fails to approve the prices in 30 days.
The notification said no pharmaceutical firm, importer, hospital or wholesaler will be allowed to put sticker of the new prices on medicine bottles or packs. The revised MRPs will have to be printed on the packing according to the Drug Labeling and Printing Rules.

The new prices will not apply to the batches of medicines made prior to the notification. The notification said the Ministry of Health will review drug prices every year according to consumer price index (CPI).

The apex court on June 29 ordered the federal government to decide new drug prices within four weeks as it expressed dissatisfaction over operation of DRAP, which, it said, works under pharmaceuticals.

A division bench comprising Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Ijazul Ahsan had issued the order while hearing a petition filed by a private pharmaceutical firm against reduction in prices of medicines.

The Ministry of Health on December 31, 2018 issued a Statutory Regulatory Order (SRO) to fix the maximum retail price (MRP) of 889 medicines. The ministry had reduced prices of 395 medicines; increased prices of 464 medicines and kept prices of 30 medicines unchanged.

However, the pharmaceutical industry increased prices of some medicines by up to 100% to 500%. The government on May 4, 2019 announced to reverse the increase in medicine prices after a backlash.

During the hearing of the petition on June 29, the counsel for the private pharmaceutical firm said the government while reducing the medicine prices had violated a Supreme Court order. According to the counsel the SC had ordered government to freeze prices at the level of year 2013.
The chief justice, however, said the court had not issued any such order.

A three-judge SC bench on August 4, 2018 directed DRAP to decide within 10 weeks all pending cases of pharmaceutical companies regarding medicine prices, while ordering the government to freeze the then existing prices of all medicines till a decision on the cases.

Justice Gulzar Ahmed noted that drug regulatory authorities in the world are very strong but DRAP is working under the pharmaceutical companies. DRAP keeps fluctuating drug prices, he added.

Appearing before the bench, a DRAP official had said the authority is trying to control drug prices. He also took exception to an observation of the CJ that DRAP is operating through officials on deputation and said: “No one is working on deputation at the director level in DRAP.”

Justice Ijazul Ahsan also asked why it takes government so much time to fix drug prices. The CJ noted that DRAP should determine drug prices in a day.

Justice Ahsan asked if the government decided drug prices on recommendations of a relevant task force. He said the government could not defer the matter of drug prices indefinitely.

The additional attorney general (AAG) said the government has received recommendations of the task force but it has not yet made a decision on the recommendations. The AAG said the Drug Pricing Committee (DPC) has no authority to determine drug prices.

The CJ said the task force has also no legal basis. He said the DPC determines drug prices but the government also formed a task force on the advice of the DPC. The bench ordered the federal government to decide drug prices within four weeks and adjourned hearing of the case.

At the last hearing of the case, the AAG had told bench that the task force and not the federal cabinet determined prices of medicines. Justice Ahsan had noted that the task force was apparently using delaying tactics instead of making a decision on the matter.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Well, I would like to break the answer in following parts as who is to blame & who's fault is it;
  1. Majorly Systems's fault, at least IK has exposed this system, the Constitution, the Judiciary, the Bureaucratic Mafia as well. But if you want to pin point, it is the System.
  2. You, me & IK as well would love to implement the Saudi Model & retrieve the looted wealth, but can we?? In presence of this Constitution & Judiciary ? Unfortunately answer is No.
  3. Then we saw how NS escaped again, with the stamp of the Court, although it was with the consent of Boots & MN was to stay here in Pakistan until NS gave $$ according to the deal he cut but again, as soon as he went outside he reverted back as usual from the deal. ( I would love to know who were the middle men/guarantors who help cut the deal & how they are feeling now being betrayed by NS, was it Qatar/Turkey? )
  4. & Yes, what you are hinting at is also correct. IK also had to make compromises, we can count on fingers the loyal men in his party & it will not reach to double figures. He is blackmailed even by his own ministers let alone coalition parties :D For this reason I personally vouch for a Presidential system in Pakistan.
  5. This point maybe many of brothers would not agree but again I will vote for an honest & less competent person than a competent & dis honest one because the net result of being corrupt & dishonest will never bring Khair & Barkat in the long run.
  6. Would love to have a Real Opposition leader who give tough time to IK as he used to do in past & keep a check on him OR a better person in Government & IK again in opposition.
  7. Am not defending any poor/bad decisions made by current Government/IK. In a net shell, I find them much better than PPP/PMLN.
  8. Lastly, we are not going to get another Jinnah or Iqbal, they are born in a millennia, so we have to make do with what we have, the least of incompetent & corrupt.

PS: My personal view is, no matter what, until system/constitution & implementation of Law is not brought, it will take ages to solve the mess we are in & even then Who Knows & first step to solve a problem & pull the guts out of it is to realise it exists.

"I am also a little bit disappointed, but not hopeless, it was never going to be easy,it never is"
Agreed fully.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
and IK was living under a rock, or in a cave somewhere prior to talking an oath as PM, he didn't know any of these ground realities, hence made all those promises, of which the biggest was "Justice". The very foundation on which he started his political party, is THE MOST OBVIOUS thing that is missing!

No he was well aware of the challenges but perhaps not to the true nature and enormity of those challenges. He definitely did not expect to end up on crutches having won less seats than he anticipated. He is unable to pass any law or amend anything that will help him deliver on his promises. From NAB head to all the judges and bureaucracy was appointed by NS before he left. Mafias that were created to serve politicians and perchi system that led to the appointment of all those in power are coming to haunt him.

No one could expect the level of rot and corruption this country is facing. Every day we hear about what and how the previous rulers looted country and we are left feeling numb.

Your entire problem with IK is based on the premises that he made promises that he must have known were not easy to fulfill. Perhaps he over promised and may be he underestimated the problem. Despite his limitations he has done tremendously well so far to stabilize the economy and Pakistan's standing in the world.

This is the work in progress....expect to face more inconvenience , shocks and problems . But the path this country has chosen under IK must continue. We, as someone who love Pakistan, must support his efforts and recognize his limitations. Lets stand behind him as he faces on slaught of mafias and corrupts. I agree 100% he needs to improve his team's performance and you cannot rely on the captain alone to deliver results but with time these old faces are facing problems of their own and are slowly being pushed out. Take Tareen for example. He is probably history now.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Riyasat e Madina was not created in two years and even back then there were not that many corrupt, hypocrits, killers, fake Maulvis living on the land of Islam.

You can deflect everywhere, but Bottom line is, that fake promises were made knowing fully well no tabdeeli was going to come.

The difference between "Riyast e Madina" and this Farce, is that "Riyast e Madina" was not built on lies, lies, and more lies. The US$200bn promised by PTI pre-election is just one e.g.

Btw do look up how Jews and hypocrites worked tirelessly to undermine "Riyast e Madina" , but truth prevailed.

In other parts of the world when rains / floods cause damage, people are given tax breaks, rebates, Zero interest loans, but here, increase in med prices, and shitty TV tax.

Insaniyat naam ki cheez nahi hai in firounon main!

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Since Rs.100 is beneath you, lets discuss this:

Govt approves hiking drug prices by 10%
Amends Drug Pricing Policy 2018 to allow 7% hike in prices of lifesavings drugs; 10% in other drugs
Shabbir Hussain July 18, 2020

ISLAMABAD:
The PTI led federal government has amended the Drug Pricing Policy 2018, allowing pharmaceutical companies to increase prices of medicines up to 10%. According to a source, the decision to raise drug prices has been taken in line with consumer price index (CPI).

The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) on Friday issued a notification which said the regulator has allowed pharmaceutical companies to increase prices of their lifesaving drugs by up to 7% and other drugs by up to 10% on recommendation and approval of the government and its policy board.

According to the notifications, the pharmaceutical companies and drug importers will be bound to submit all the evidence of a raise in the maximum retail price (MRP) of a medicine along with the signatures of the company’s chief executive officer to DRAP.

DRAP will not accept revised prices of a pharmaceutical company or importer, if they fail to submit this evidence. DRAP will approve the new prices within 30 days after verifying the documents. However, the new prices will be thought to be effective if DRAP fails to approve the prices in 30 days.
The notification said no pharmaceutical firm, importer, hospital or wholesaler will be allowed to put sticker of the new prices on medicine bottles or packs. The revised MRPs will have to be printed on the packing according to the Drug Labeling and Printing Rules.

The new prices will not apply to the batches of medicines made prior to the notification. The notification said the Ministry of Health will review drug prices every year according to consumer price index (CPI).

The apex court on June 29 ordered the federal government to decide new drug prices within four weeks as it expressed dissatisfaction over operation of DRAP, which, it said, works under pharmaceuticals.

A division bench comprising Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Ijazul Ahsan had issued the order while hearing a petition filed by a private pharmaceutical firm against reduction in prices of medicines.

The Ministry of Health on December 31, 2018 issued a Statutory Regulatory Order (SRO) to fix the maximum retail price (MRP) of 889 medicines. The ministry had reduced prices of 395 medicines; increased prices of 464 medicines and kept prices of 30 medicines unchanged.

However, the pharmaceutical industry increased prices of some medicines by up to 100% to 500%. The government on May 4, 2019 announced to reverse the increase in medicine prices after a backlash.

During the hearing of the petition on June 29, the counsel for the private pharmaceutical firm said the government while reducing the medicine prices had violated a Supreme Court order. According to the counsel the SC had ordered government to freeze prices at the level of year 2013.
The chief justice, however, said the court had not issued any such order.

A three-judge SC bench on August 4, 2018 directed DRAP to decide within 10 weeks all pending cases of pharmaceutical companies regarding medicine prices, while ordering the government to freeze the then existing prices of all medicines till a decision on the cases.

Justice Gulzar Ahmed noted that drug regulatory authorities in the world are very strong but DRAP is working under the pharmaceutical companies. DRAP keeps fluctuating drug prices, he added.

Appearing before the bench, a DRAP official had said the authority is trying to control drug prices. He also took exception to an observation of the CJ that DRAP is operating through officials on deputation and said: “No one is working on deputation at the director level in DRAP.”

Justice Ijazul Ahsan also asked why it takes government so much time to fix drug prices. The CJ noted that DRAP should determine drug prices in a day.

Justice Ahsan asked if the government decided drug prices on recommendations of a relevant task force. He said the government could not defer the matter of drug prices indefinitely.

The additional attorney general (AAG) said the government has received recommendations of the task force but it has not yet made a decision on the recommendations. The AAG said the Drug Pricing Committee (DPC) has no authority to determine drug prices.

The CJ said the task force has also no legal basis. He said the DPC determines drug prices but the government also formed a task force on the advice of the DPC. The bench ordered the federal government to decide drug prices within four weeks and adjourned hearing of the case.

At the last hearing of the case, the AAG had told bench that the task force and not the federal cabinet determined prices of medicines. Justice Ahsan had noted that the task force was apparently using delaying tactics instead of making a decision on the matter.

ever heard of cost adjusted inflation? These companies need to run business not charities. Government in a free market cannot stop business from charging what is costing them and some profit. Ofcourse Drug makers are just another mafia that arbitrary increases prices and makes poor people suffer. But government is trying to help poor at the same time as well.

Do some research on the effects of Sehat card on the poorest population of Pakistan and how it has helped million tremendously.

Why not discuss this while you are at it?

Ehsaas programme being enhanced from Rs144bn to Rs203bn
The Newspaper's Staff ReporterUpdated 17 Jul, 2020
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Dr Sania Nishtar addressing a press conference.—APP

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Dr Sania Nishtar addressing a press conference.—APP

ISLAMABAD: Amid adverse impact of the coronavirus on the poor and people belonging to low-income groups, the government has decided to enhance the Ehsaas Emergency Cash programme from Rs144 billion to Rs203bn.
Under the first phase of the programme [of Rs144 billion] 12 million families were provided four-month stipend of Rs12,000. Now with the increase in its funds the programme will facilitate around 17m families.
“It means that almost half of the population of the country will be covered under the programme,” said Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Social Safety and Poverty Alleviation Dr Sania Nishtar at a press conference on Thursday.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

“The scope of emergency cash programme has been expanded to reach out to around 16.9 million deserving families with the increased budget of Rs203 billion,” she added.
Emergency cash programme will facilitate 17 million families
Accompanied by Information Minister Shibli Faraz, the SAPM said initially the programme was launched on April 9 with a budget of Rs144 billion for 12 million beneficiaries.
She, however, said 12.86 million beneficiaries across the country had so far received one-time cash assistance of Rs155.64bn through emergency cash initiative as in addition to Rs144bn over Rs10bn was distributed through other resources, including the Prime Minister Corona Fund.
“The government’s largest social protection programme, Ehsaas, has taken the lead in radically expanding social safety nets to help mitigate effects of Covid-19 within Pakistan,” she added.
Terming the programme a big success of the government, she said the programme was fully transparent, rule and merit based, and apolitical. “Sindh gains the most from this programme which shows its apolitical nature,” she said while giving an indirect reply to the allegation made by the ruling party in Sindh, Pakistan Peoples Party, that the province had been ignored and its people had not benefited from the scheme.
She said as compared to initiatives taken in other countries, the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme gained international recognition for disbursing in time cash assistance in a well organised manner and at a larger scale.
Dr Nishtar said digital capabilities developed over the past year as part of the Ehsaas strategy had positively been adopted in making emergency cash payments.
“Requests were sought through an SMS short code service; data analytics enabled eligibility ascertainment, using unique national identification numbers and drawing on the National Socioeconomic Registry and wealth proxies (travel, taxes, billing, assets ownership data and government employment status), and payments are biometrically verified,” she explained the process of payments made under the programme.
The beneficiaries who were eligible but facing problems in withdrawing money owing to faulty biometric identification were being paid out exclusively in the designated bank branches of partner banks.
Similarly, to ease out the payment process for families of deceased beneficiaries, Ehsaas has adopted a procedure under which the families of deceased beneficiaries are required to send out an application in her name (Dr Sania Nishtar) with Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) details of their dead family member along with those of eligible family member straight to Ehsaas offices at Islamabad.
Ms Nishtar said Ehsaas has also launched ‘Ehsaas Emergency Cash — Know Your Status’ Portal to offer an easy window to people registered with Ehsaas Emergency Cash to check their eligibility. “All applicants who have registered themselves through 8171 or Prime Minister’s Labour Portal can now easily check their eligibility status by entering CNIC number on the portal,” she added.
Published in Dawn, July 17th, 2020

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
You can deflect everywhere, but Bottom line is, that fake promises were made knowing fully well no tabdeeli was going to come.

The difference between "Riyast e Madina" and this Farce, is that "Riyast e Madina" was not built on lies, lies, and more lies. The US$200bn promised by PTI per-election is just one e.g.

Btw do look up how Jews and hypocrites worked tirelessly to undermine "Riyast e Madina" , but truth prevailed.

Lets first understand the concept of "Riyast e Madina" . Please enlighten me what exactly does this stand for. Was it a fixed period of time or a phase and period in Islam. How long did it take to educate and transform people to become good citizens. Please do mention the population under this system, needs and challanges as well. Was it a success from the very begining?