Pakistan News & Discussions | Page 3 | World Defense

Pakistan News & Discussions

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No he was well aware of the challenges but perhaps not to the true nature and enormity of those challenges. He definitely did not expect to end up on crutches having won less seats than he anticipated. He is unable to pass any law or amend anything that will help him deliver on his promises. From NAB head to all the judges and bureaucracy was appointed by NS before he left. Mafias that were created to serve politicians and perchi system that led to the appointment of all those in power are coming to haunt him.

No one could expect the level of rot and corruption this country is facing. Every day we hear about what and how the previous rulers looted country and we are left feeling numb.

Your entire problem with IK is based on the premises that he made promises that he must have known were not easy to fulfill. Perhaps he over promised and may be he underestimated the problem. Despite his limitations he has done tremendously well so far to stabilize the economy and Pakistan's standing in the world.

This is the work in progress....expect to face more inconvenience , shocks and problems . But the path this country has chosen under IK must continue. We, as someone who love Pakistan, must support his efforts and recognize his limitations. Lets stand behind him as he faces on slaught of mafias and corrupts. I agree 100% he needs to improve his team's performance and you cannot rely on the captain alone to deliver results but with time these old faces are facing problems of their own and are slowly being pushed out. Take Tareen for example. He is probably history now.
My Brother, he has failed to stabilize the economy and its downward spiral. The trajectory it is on now, will insure that he gets fired. Like it or not.

You can bookmark this comment of mine, and we can revisit in a year, or two max.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
You can deflect everywhere, but Bottom line is, that fake promises were made knowing fully well no tabdeeli was going to come.

The difference between "Riyast e Madina" and this Farce, is that "Riyast e Madina" was not built on lies, lies, and more lies. The US$200bn promised by PTI per-election is just one e.g.

Btw do look up how Jews and hypocrites worked tirelessly to undermine "Riyast e Madina" , but truth prevailed.

In other parts of the world when rains / floods cause damage, people are given tax breaks, rebates, Zero interest loans, but here, increase in med prices, and shitty TV tax.

Insaniyat naam ki cheez nahi hai in firounon main!

I have no problem living with fake promises but what matters is the real work is being done no matter how slowly, we dont have corruption at the top and Pakistan is starting to walk on the path which is long and tortourous but will In sha Allah result in a much brighter future.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Lets first understand the concept of "Riyast e Madina" . Please enlighten me what exactly does this stand for. Was it a fixed period of time or a phase and period in Islam. How long did it take to educate and transform people to become good citizens. Please do mention the population under this system, needs and challanges as well. Was it a success from the very begining?
You are clutching at straws. Tabdeeli was promised from day one. Two years down the road still missing.....

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Lets first understand the concept of "Riyast e Madina" . Please enlighten me what exactly does this stand for. Was it a fixed period of time or a phase and period in Islam. How long did it take to educate and transform people to become good citizens. Please do mention the population under this system, needs and challanges as well. Was it a success from the very begining?

Yes of course just like the government that was going to fall 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 months back.....and how army was going to fire IK 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/ months back......

you can also save my comments. In shs Allah he will finish 5 years and Pakistan will emerge much stronger and stable than ever before.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I have no problem living with fake promises but what matters is the real work is being done no matter how slowly, we dont have corruption at the top and Pakistan is starting to walk on the path which is long and tortourous but will In sha Allah result in a much brighter future.
Real work, you mean like how the idiotic Civil Aviation minister stood in parliament and single handedly destroyed the credibility of Pakistani Pilots in one rant?

Congratulations, you are truly blessed.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
You are clutching at straws. Tabdeeli was promised from day one. Two years down the road still missing.....

cluthing to the straws of hope, corruption free and honesty is way better than drowning in the cesspool of corruption and hopelessness.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes of course just like the government that was going to fall 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 months back.....and how army was going to fire IK 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/ months back......

you can also save my comments. In shs Allah he will finish 5 years and Pakistan will emerge much stronger and stable than ever before.
Quoting you for reference. Decision is not yours to make, and has been made.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Real work, you mean like how the idiotic Civil Aviation minister stood in parliament and single handedly destroyed the credibility of Pakistani Pilots in one rant?

Congratulations, you are truly blessed.

PIA should have been sold as scraps years ago. This idiot opened his mouth and yes Fck up majorly but I really cannot wait to see PIA disappear.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
cluthing to the straws of hope, corruption free and honesty is way better than drowning in the cesspool of corruption and hopelessness.
For that you need a spine to stand on. WHY was Noora let go? WHY didnt he start an agitation movement like last time, and block the courts and Noora gang? Why did he roll over and played dead?

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
hence made all those promises, of which the biggest was "Justice". The very foundation on which he started his political party, is THE MOST OBVIOUS thing that is missing!

So true, in fact look at the irony, whenever a list of Petrol/Sugar/Wheat etc Mafia is made & presented to PM, there are names of some from his own party or from the coalition parties as well (:-&

Therefore sooner or later, he will have to let go this system, as he cannot continue both i.e Opting for Insaaf & being unable to do anything against Mafias as he is blackmailed by his own men. Maybe, before or near or right after next General Elections, we see voices to bring a change if not in constitution than at least in the Governing of state.

Just Yesterday I saw Mushahid Ullah in Senate of PMLN crying out loud that;

"No one can bring Presidential system in Pakistan" (:-)

Same was said many times by Some Media Persons as well last year including likes of Hamid Mir. I wonder what is their fear of presidential system ?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PIA should have been sold as scraps years ago. This idiot opened his mouth and yes Fck up majorly but I really cannot wait to see PIA disappear.
Same can be said about the useless PTV, but here you have it, Rs1200 per Annum! Funny thing is people who do not even own a TV have to pay for it. IF something like this would have been implemented for health I would have been really happy. But seriously, PTV.....?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So true, in fact look at the irony, whenever a list of Petrol/Sugar/Wheat etc Mafia is made & presented to PM, there are names of some from his own party or from the coalition parties as well (:-&

Therefore sooner or later, he will have to let go this system, as he cannot continue both i.e Opting for Insaaf & being unable to do anything against Mafias as he is blackmailed by his own men. Maybe, before or near or right after next General Elections, we see voices to bring a change if not in constitution than at least in the Governing of state.

Same was said many times by Some Media Persons as well last year including likes of Hamid Mir. I wonder what is their fear of presidential system ?
These people in opposition, dont have a leg to stand on, but yet................

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Ideally a Presidential system would mean Corrupt Judges, Heads of Institutions, and Parliamentarians, are all subject to getting their rear ends kicked into jail.

It would mean the end of ALL these bloody Sugar, Wheat, Petrol, Transportation Mafias.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
You can deflect everywhere, but Bottom line is, that fake promises were made knowing fully well no tabdeeli was going to come.

The difference between "Riyast e Madina" and this Farce, is that "Riyast e Madina" was not built on lies, lies, and more lies. The US$200bn promised by PTI per-election is just one e.g.

Btw do look up how Jews and hypocrites worked tirelessly to undermine "Riyast e Madina" , but truth prevailed.

In other parts of the world when rains / floods cause damage, people are given tax breaks, rebates, Zero interest loans, but here, increase in med prices, and shitty TV tax.

Insaniyat naam ki cheez nahi hai in firounon main!

Boss your frustration is legit, We all are & share same sentiments as you do. I am sincerely asking you the following question & not trying to pull your leg or argue for the sake of argument;

"what is the solution to all this? Saudi / Chinese Model? Because a dictator would be able to implement it but we do not want to go that path. It will make em again "Siasi Shaheed" & cycle will repeat again. Please point an other person (of any political party or an independent) to whom we should vote next? When PPP/PMLN were there, we said Yay go for IK, so when we are feeling all is lost, who is next in line" ?

I have given decades to dictators & PPP/PMLN, I will give at least 10 years to IK to show if he can pull us out of it or not. We can agree to disagree on it & no harm in it, this is the beauty of discussion & I do welcome criticism on all ill decisions made by IK & accept them as well but logic dictates to give time. Wrongdoing of decades will not go in Years & IK is a mere human not an angel either, will make wrong decisions but in the end it all depends on the overall performance.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PIA operates some routes to rural areas that are critical for national interests. THIS is the reason given by GoP. In other parts of the world, Govts subsidize such routes, directly AND indirectly.

Directly, by waiving landing chrgs, and no taxes.
Indirectly, by giving flying rights on profitable routes like those for Jeddah and Madinah.

There are other state airlines in the world that make decent profits. With PIA having a stranglehold on domestic routes as well as some direct routes to North America, and Europe, you still see it making a loss.

IF one were to fly form the GCC to PAK with PIA, you would pay nearly the same fare as one of those national airlines, yet they make money, and PIA doesn't!

Given its safety record, poor on time departures, their fares should be 40% less, to help those very bloody overseas Pakistanis, on whose remittance this country survives.

Look at any airline ticket, and taxes from Pakistani are nearly double, if not more, in return for what? To be mistreated by airport security staff.

Basic things like reducing PIA fares, reducing taxes on tickets, encouraging overseas blue collar workers to visit thier families more often, could have been done, but...?