Paris terrorist attack | Page 3 | World Defense

Paris terrorist attack

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I've just seen the news. This morning unknown gunmen attacked the French satirical news magazine, Charlie Hebdo, killing twelve and injuring others. As soon as I saw the headline my immediate thought was "Islamic militants". We have seen attacks in Sydney, attacks on the streets of London, and now in Paris.

BBC News - Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

When are you going to see a concerted effective response to Islamism and it's attacks on innocent civilians? Our streets are becoming warzones. Something has to be done to stop groups such as ISIS and al qaeda. Something has to be done now.

This kind of news does not go well for the Muslim faith in Europe and if care is not taking it may lead to massive protest across the continent. This kind of situation is certainly bad PR for Muslims if you ask me.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This kind of news does not go well for the Muslim faith in Europe and if care is not taking it may lead to massive protest across the continent. This kind of situation is certainly bad PR for Muslims if you ask me.

One of the policemen murdered was apparently Muslim, it has not been confirmed, but I read in one report that was the case. There were two policemen protecting the editor and both were shot. (Warning disturbing photo in news story)

One police officer killed in Charlie Hebdo attack was Muslim — RT News

InspiredToWrite

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I've just seen an update on the news, the two suspects are still on the loose and are believed to have held up a service station in northern France stealing food and petrol. I would feel extremely uneasy to be in France now as they are in a position of nothing to lose and it is highly likely that they will shoot anyone who tried to intervene or apprehend them. A terrible tragedy for the people of France.

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
Even if this was probably the work of an short group of individuals, this can't be ignored. France has had social issues for a long time, because of the various cultural and racial backgrounds its population originates from. France's authorities must be very careful as to how they will handle this incident, because there is a possibility this will cause different types reactions amongst its populace.

I consider it of the most critical importance to not let this incident escalate any more than it has already.

Umaima

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I listen that news and it was horrible. I just can say they are not humans who killed the persons in Paris. I think we need to be careful in every situation. Everyone is human in this world and we are not the authority that we can decide who is wrong or who is right then why we killed to anyone?

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
It was too horrible to read much more to watch. How can revenge and justice be on equal footing? Revenge is never a just way to get even with anyone. It is bothersome to the conscience. Now there's the difference. Conscience is relative. I just cannot reconcile a shallow conscience with any person who has a deep connection and a real communion and understanding with his/her God.

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There has been no confirmation that the man who handed himself in was actually involved.. it seems he has handed himself in after the surprise of seeing his name.

Also, there is nothing to suggest this is the work of ISIS so i don't think it's right to assume it is.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There has been no confirmation that the man who handed himself in was actually involved.. it seems he has handed himself in after the surprise of seeing his name.

Also, there is nothing to suggest this is the work of ISIS so i don't think it's right to assume it is.

No one has said anything as yet, but it seems all his school friends are being questioned. I don't think the police would release a name without cause. Maybe he was coerced as he is younger, he may know of the people...at present he handed himself and we can only wait to see what happens.

No one said this was ISIS, the gunmen proudly declared they were al qaeda when they forced the member of staff to open the door.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yes, I've read this news the other night. What a dreadful incident. I know those working for the media sometimes find it difficult to curb their acid tongues. They have to throw their opinions out there at the cost of their lives just so the public gets a glimpse of the "truth" - or as near to that as possible. Of course, who's to judge their actions as right or wrong. There are ills in our society that do need to be exposed and one can't simply stand at the sidelines and watch them happen. Still, only evil people beyond redemption are capable of killing others without a drop of remorse. I hope those 12 slain Charlie Hebdo personnel will get the justice they deserve and the murderers will be incarcerated for life.

skipper

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
This evening I watched, for the first time, the video of the police officer being killed in this horrific attack. The feelings are still so very raw. My heart still aches for everyone involved. I hope the monsters responsible are brought to justice.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Oh wow, I hadn't even heard about this. I'm not sure that someone who went through the trouble of escaping would have handed himself in. I could be wrong though, maybe he had second thoughts about what had occurred and is now remorseful.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
This may lead to France giving their citizens the right to bear arms. They need to protect themselves from these savages.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
News updates about another shooting north of Paris. I didn't believe such a manhunt is still possible in 2015.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Good point, although freedom of speech is paramount, they should have thought twice about publishing the cartoon and naming Mohammed as "editor in chief". That doesn't excuse the terrorists though.

I agree, they should not have provoked them the way they did, what was the point there? Killing them over it is beyond explanation though, they are animals.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Problem is that Islamism is a religion that struggles to adapt to modern ways.