Paris terrorist attack | Page 4 | World Defense

Paris terrorist attack

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
I've just seen the news. This morning unknown gunmen attacked the French satirical news magazine, Charlie Hebdo, killing twelve and injuring others. As soon as I saw the headline my immediate thought was "Islamic militants". We have seen attacks in Sydney, attacks on the streets of London, and now in Paris.

BBC News - Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

When are you going to see a concerted effective response to Islamism and it's attacks on innocent civilians? Our streets are becoming warzones. Something has to be done to stop groups such as ISIS and al qaeda. Something has to be done now.
I don't worry about ISIS. I have a bigger problem in my country especially in my community, the police. Our urban communities have been a war zone for years, without much help. I just wished more people would look at the facts, the people are being setup and don't realize it. The powers that be make to much money using fear as a tool, it helps to promote the hidden agenda, which is to violate our constitutional rights and blame it on terrorist.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Well you should worry a little about ISIS. If they gain control to more oil then everyone will have to suffer from an economic point of view.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
@tournique Yes that is possible however what % of oil does ISIS has a stake in? I say the biggest impact ISIS can have is with restricting travel. I don't worry about ISIS because theres not much I personally can do, I don't own my own personal terrorism fighting army. I worry more about our supermarkets raising cost of food and my ebay auctions not selling.

fliktor7

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Spain
I agree about ISIS is a serious and emergent problem.
In my opinion, restriction of travel is for sure a good idea, and more controls, but all the countries should be united without discussion against this enemy of the world, we can't allo things like the recent assault on france to repit, a big army formed by EU, US and everyone else who wants to preserve the freedom will be a great idea.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
I agree about ISIS is a serious and emergent problem.
In my opinion, restriction of travel is for sure a good idea, and more controls, but all the countries should be united without discussion against this enemy of the world, we can't allo things like the recent assault on france to repit, a big army formed by EU, US and everyone else who wants to preserve the freedom will be a great idea.
Well yes, this issues are not near your regional setting and therefore do not present an immediate danger to you. However, if prices go up anywhere because of the middle east crisis, people will start caring.

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
This was truly and deeply tragic. The men who did this were not religious. They were arrogant. They believed in personal glory for their misguided religious beliefs. I do not think that we should poke fun at religions. We do have the freedom of speech, but I do also feel that freedom of religion should also mean that we can worship without being verbally assaulted with the stroke of a pen or a person lips. Most religious people are pious enough not to react to these criticisms. But it does not make it right. The men who committed the atrocities in Paris are not religious. I cannot emphasize that enough. They will have their day of judgement.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
My heart goes to the people affected by this attack. This is too much to take at the beginning of the year. There is no reason nor does anyone have any right to take someone else's life for freedom of speech. This is just downright unjust. Something indeed has to be done.