President Trump, Texas Governor, 60 members of Congress to attend Howdy Modi rally | Page 2 | World Defense

President Trump, Texas Governor, 60 members of Congress to attend Howdy Modi rally

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
It is important to remember that China still has not been able to upgrade its road in disputed territory, and has built military infrastructure in its own territory to save face. India was able to occupy its territory for months and all China could do is issue warnings. That speaks for itself.

Here is a good analysis by the SCMP of how India is checking Chinese expansion in the SCS, South Asia, ASEAN, and other regions.

You missed a few, such as discovering water on the moon's surface, becoming the first Asian country to send a satellite to Mars, setting a world record by launching the highest number of commercial satellites in a single launch, balancing diplomatic relations between opposing world powers, and lifting hundreds of millions of people out of poverty and creating the world's largest middle class.
But you are right about the first one. India's film industry does generate billions of dollars of revenue.

Wait I am by no means trying to undermine Indian achievements, no matter how few nation of 1.4 billion has , but I don’t like bull shit.

You could count a few real achievement but I am sick of Indians saying total nonsense and make things up. Let me dissect your claims.

Discovering water on moon’s surface by Indians myth been around for a while. But actually NASA in 1972 discovered water . Infact Indian claim of discovery holds no merit as it was NASA instrument aboard Indian satellite that made the discovery.

Even Russians in 1974 proved water on moon.
Had Indian claimed that NASA instrument on board their satellite found the water , that would have been so much more real.

Please satellite to mars achievement again is what it’s worth. It was best described as a “camera in a tin box”. A laughable project but Again just getting to Mars orbit should have been a real achievement and reason to celebrate .

As for the largest number of commercial satellite launch by India there was only one medium size satellite and and the rest 100 or so were micro satellites of 10 kg or less . Was that an achievement sure but worth chest thumping absolutely no. No new technology was made just ejection racks for tiny satellites to be released.

As for lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty line again very dubious claim. It’s all the number game Indian government plays ...... with their growth figures and reduction in poverty etc. All fake numbers .

Yes India has the largest middle class but they have the most poor and most undernourished people on earth as well. Pakistan held the distinction of fastest growing middle class consumer market until recently.

Close to 8 percent of entire world’s extremely poor live in India. This is compared to roughly .5 percent in Pakistan.

“According to FAO estimates in ‘The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, 2019' report, 194.4 million people are undernourished in India. By this measure 14.5% of the population is undernourished in India. Also, 51.4% of women in reproductive age between 15 to 49 years are anaemic. Further according to the report 37.9% of the children aged under five in India are stunted (too short for their age), while 20.8% suffer from wasting, meaning their weight is too low for their height. Malnourished children have a higher risk of death from common childhood illnesses such as diarrhea, pneumonia, and malaria. The Global Hunger Index 2018 ranks India at 103 out of 119 countries on the basis of three leading indicators -- prevalence of wasting and stunting in children under 5 years, under 5 child mortality rate, and the proportion of undernourished in the population.”

The list goes on and on and on but to Indians yes sure Movies are the most important aspect of their lives.

Also looks like Modi is in crisis.... this is from today:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
It is important to remember that China still has not been able to upgrade its road in disputed territory, and has built military infrastructure in its own territory to save face. India was able to occupy its territory for months and all China could do is issue warnings. That speaks for itself.

Here is a good analysis by the SCMP of how India is checking Chinese expansion in the SCS, South Asia, ASEAN, and other regions.

You missed a few, such as discovering water on the moon's surface, becoming the first Asian country to send a satellite to Mars, setting a world record by launching the highest number of commercial satellites in a single launch, balancing diplomatic relations between opposing world powers, and lifting hundreds of millions of people out of poverty and creating the world's largest middle class.
But you are right about the first one. India's film industry does generate billions of dollars of revenue.

You guys have no shame and selective memory. May I remind in 1962 China came and conquered what ever it wanted and even today it’s sitting on vast swath of lands claimed by the Indians???
And you are proud of building a gravel road? If Chinese sneeze you guys will catch cold.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
I live in the Houston Metro-area (which is where Modi and Trump are meeting) and I can tell you there is a huge protest going on with Sikhs, Pakistanis, etc. wanting to know if Modi will come out about discrimination about minorities in India, or will it just be some elaborate show to counter Khan's visit to D.C. about a month ago.
but the overall event I heard is to deepen security and energy relations.
Ps, I'm not trying to sound offensive/disrespectful here, but I ran into an Indian here in Houston a few weeks ago. and he doesn't like the fact Modi keeps attracting foreign investments while offering nothing to domestic/local companies in India
@Ophiophagus Hannah what are your thoughts?

Reactions
17 0 1
Country
India
I live in the Houston Metro-area (which is where Modi and Trump are meeting) and I can tell you there is a huge protest going on with Sikhs, Pakistanis, etc. wanting to know if Modi will come out about discrimination about minorities in India, or will it just be some elaborate show to counter Khan's visit to D.C. about a month ago.
but the overall event I heard is to deepen security and energy relations.
Ps, I'm not trying to sound offensive/disrespectful here, but I ran into an Indian here in Houston a few weeks ago. and he doesn't like the fact Modi keeps attracting foreign investments while offering nothing to domestic/local companies in India
@Ophiophagus Hannah what are your thoughts?
Modi has done a lot to encourage Indian companies. Pleas look into the Make in India initiative, a lot has been achieved through that to boost Indian manufacturing. But FDI is also important. And you have to remember, business is all about competition. Giving favors to domestic firms over foreign investors that could potentially be more efficient is no way to develop an economy. Unfortunately, previous governments seemed to take the latter approach, with corruption/kickbacks being a major motivator.

Obviously, not all Indians support Narendra Modi. I certainly do not support everything he does. But he is a breath of fresh air compared to the INC's establishment/dynastical politics.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Modi has done a lot to encourage Indian companies. Pleas look into the Make in India initiative, a lot has been achieved through that to boost Indian manufacturing. But FDI is also important. And you have to remember, business is all about competition. Giving favors to domestic firms over foreign investors that could potentially be more efficient is no way to develop an economy. Unfortunately, previous governments seemed to take the latter approach, with corruption/kickbacks being a major motivator.

Obviously, not all Indians support Narendra Modi. I certainly do not support everything he does. But he is a breath of fresh air compared to the INC's establishment/dynastical politics.
I think he meant the foreign investments, where they win everything 24/7, any time I tried to mention something India may have accomplished, he always mention the US/Russia/Israel etc. giving some sort of hand in it's development/success.

Modi has accomplished quite a bit, I heard Gujarat (forgive if I spelt wrong) has begun it's first major smart development, and you guys have another major smart city under it's development New Raipur I believe which will be India's first and largest industrial smart city with the first city to have LED lighting.
not trying to sound off topic/hateful here, but people need to understand every country has issues with sectors or so, not one country is better then another. I'm actually quite shocked at how Modi is trying to invest in India, just like I'm surprised Khan of Pakistan is encouraging more exports then importing 24/7 helping Pakistan's domestic economy.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
But he is a breath of fresh air compared to the INC's establishment/dynastical politics.
The Butcher of Gujrat is a breath of fresh air for you???

No wonder every other Indian is just as pathetic as yourself to celebrate the contemporary reincarnation of Hitler.

Following is a brief reminder from some years ago, when MODI was CM GUJRAT, as to WHO IS THE BUTCHER OF GUJRAT Narindra Modi, who was banned from entry into USA until he was all but elected PM of India and US decided that its interests in India warrant a convenient overlook of Modi's Butchery and extremist views:

Again, Modi is Nazi Supremacist Hitler's modern day Hindutwa Extremist Equivalent. No amount of economic interests of any number of countries of the world matter but the truth. make no mistake about it. Period.

Watch and listen what happened after 2 years of Gujrat Butchering of Muslims in Modi's India. this is the new face of modern India in reality:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Note to ALL SANE HUMAN BEINGS- This forum will not promote Fascism, Nazism, or Human Right Atrocities, anyone found peddling this BS will be shown the door.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
India Prime Minister Modi faces Houston federal lawsuit for alleged human rights abuses in Kashmir
Gabrielle Banks
Sep. 19, 2019

A pair of Kashmiri citizens sued the prime minister of India in federal court Thursday ahead of his much-anticipated arrival in Houston, alleging that his unilateral annexation Aug. 5 of their homeland caused the detention, disappearance and deaths of their loved amid ongoing repression.

The region, in the foothills of the Himalayas, has been a subject of fevered dispute between India and Pakistan since partition in 1947. In August, Modi withdrew Kashmir’s special status, a radical shift that intensified conflict in the Muslim-majority state and heightened tensions with Pakistan. The group behind the lawsuit says the annexation violated international law.

During the G7 Summit, Modi declined President Donald Trump’s offer to mediate a settlement between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir region. Some in the international human rights community have criticized Trump’s silence about the Kashmir upheaval as well as the president’s plan to glad hand with him in NRG Stadium in Houston.

Human rights protesters are expected to gather outside the stadium in great numbers for a counter-event of their own.

Reactions
17 0 1
Country
India
The Butcher of Gujrat is a breath of fresh air for you???

No wonder every other Indian is just as pathetic as yourself to celebrate the contemporary reincarnation of Hitler.

Following is a brief reminder from some years ago, when MODI was CM GUJRAT, as to WHO IS THE BUTCHER OF GUJRAT Narindra Modi, who was banned from entry into USA until he was all but elected PM of India and US decided that its interests in India warrant a convenient overlook of Modi's Butchery and extremist views:

Again, Modi is Nazi Supremacist Hitler's modern day Hindutwa Extremist Equivalent. No amount of economic interests of any number of countries of the world matter but the truth. make no mistake about it. Period.

Watch and listen what happened after 2 years of Gujrat Butchering of Muslims in Modi's India. this is the new face of modern India in reality:

Instead of getting angry at me for expressing an opinion, you should be angry at the INC and opposition for not putting up a viable candidate to defeat Modi.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
guess who came to Houston today, 50k people are around the Stadium where Trump is meeting Modi