Prisoners in the Philippines Live in a Hotel Inside Prison Cells | Page 2 | World Defense

Prisoners in the Philippines Live in a Hotel Inside Prison Cells

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This is how messed up things are in the Philippines apparently. The judicial system is a joke there more than I thought in the US. These guys were even labeled as "high profile" prisoners. They are the celebrities inside the cells because they are drug lords.

That video is impressive really, how can a guy be in jail in way better conditions that many people that are free? There should be no space for luxuries in prison, corruption is something scary...

The corruption in the Philippines is beyond that the UN had to warn them that if they don't stop with it, they will be dismembered from the UN! That's huge!

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
When you have money, you can always pay for special privileges. He must of had such a hard time serving his sentence.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
When you have money, you can always pay for special privileges. He must of had such a hard time serving his sentence.

Lol dude, these guys are having the time of their lives in jail! How messed up is that right? I even found out that they produced a music video done inside their professional studio IN THE PRISON CELL. Like wow. Too much!

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I should be embarrassed. I'm from this country after all. However, the sins of those corrupt officials and big-time drug lords aren't our sins. Still, we feel responsible since part of our taxes have been used to maintain the prison cells and pay for jail guards' wages. The DOJ should look into this case. Isn't Leila De Lima keen on implementing justice without delays?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Here criminals are scared to commit a crime because it could mean they will lose their life even for something as simple as stealing a pair of sunglasses out of a persons car.

What exactly is so different about Davao? Do they have a different law and order system there? Or do they have citizens who take the law into their own hands? I would like to know more.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
What exactly is so different about Davao? Do they have a different law and order system there? Or do they have citizens who take the law into their own hands? I would like to know more.
The mayor here has a zero tolerance for crime. He really goes out of his way to make Davao safe and secure for the people who live, work and own businesses here. He works really hard at the City wide surveillance system, He goes out of his way to make sure the police are not bribable. He really does make a difference for the people who live here. If more government officials were like this Mayor the Philippines would be a whole different place. It would be civilized and it would not be a 3rd world country.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The mayor here has a zero tolerance for crime.

Sounds like a good start. However the part which you related about criminals disappearing does not sound quite right. There is such a thing called due process. Everyone is considered to be innocent until proven guilty. Or has this Mayor that you talked about taken on the combined role of judge and executioner?

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
That sounds harsh. Reminds me of the old Vlad the impaler stories where he would punish severely any thieves.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Sadly prisons never truly helped anyone, just alienated more people/criminals due to a broken system. At least that's what it looks like in the USA

It's a sad reality indeed. Prisons are said to exist to rehabilitate people so that they can be integrated in the society, but in fact they come out of jail worse that when they got in, in most of the cases at least.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
This is how messed up things are in the Philippines apparently. The judicial system is a joke there more than I thought in the US. These guys were even labeled as "high profile" prisoners. They are the celebrities inside the cells because they are drug lords.

The corruption in the Philippines is beyond that the UN had to warn them that if they don't stop with it, they will be dismembered from the UN! That's huge!

I was just reading a post from other member to reach this sad conclusion, that the money that the US sends to help go to buy shoes from the president's wife? That is totally shocking!

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
That is one classy corruption attitude. While it's sad, it's still amusing.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I was just reading a post from other member to reach this sad conclusion, that the money that the US sends to help go to buy shoes from the president's wife? That is totally shocking!

I think you are referring to the Marcos administration, that thing happened way back the 70s to the 80s. He was impeached though and the Philippines have impeached more than one president since they got their independence. That is how corruption is in that country.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Yes Davao is a big City in Mindanao, it is one of the most sophisticated cities in the Philippines, Probably the most sophisticated, even more so than Manila. Here you don't dare want to commit a crime, because you never know what might happen. A person stole a cellphone out of a Jeepney a few months back, and while "attempting" to apprehend the suspect he was shot and killed. Drugs Forget it, if you are caught dealing drugs here you don't make it to court, you just disappear. I LOVE Davao. and they see and watch everything. Sometimes I wonder if the CIA from america is not involved in their surveillance system HAHA. But anywhere else in the Philippines, yea you can bet if you get in trouble one phone call to the right person, (governor usually) or enough cash and you can walk right out of jail and your paperwork gets "lost" and is never recovered.

So it seems that it's a case where money keeps talking, if the most rich people are there they are paying to be safe, while all the other regions are in the jungle. I wouldn't be surprised to see the CIA there cyber.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Pretty much, if the US are contributing to the corruption of Phillipines, even indirectly and not knowing about it (?), their secret services can be there. Quite a lot that we ignore I am assuming.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
If you're a convicted drug lord in the Philippines, your cell is pretty much a hotel. Trip out this!

LOOK: Hot tub, sex doll inside Bilibid cell | ABS-CBN News

Life is very interesting; those wrong doers get rewarded for their crimes. Some hardworking people fail to get paid for their labor. And life continues. I guess that the best we can do is live right and hope that our chips fall in the right place. We have no control in this life we take it one day at a time and be happy with what we have been granted.