Prisoners in the Philippines Live in a Hotel Inside Prison Cells | Page 3 | World Defense

Prisoners in the Philippines Live in a Hotel Inside Prison Cells

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think bribes work there and both sides benefit the criminal and the justice system and it is corrupt and needs to be changed as the criminals need to be punished not given a lavish lifestyle. The dollar sign can change minds, and some will even sacrifice everything to get to it and get greedy in the process. It is sad to see, that money can change the minds and can be good or bad depending on who is doing it and the reasons.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
Pretty much, if the US are contributing to the corruption of Phillipines, even indirectly and not knowing about it (?), their secret services can be there. Quite a lot that we ignore I am assuming.
I think they have some kind of binding agreement where they have to send a certain amount of financial aid. SO USA does not really have a choice but to follow the agreement that has been made. I am sure if they really know what was happening with the funds they could find a way to make it stop. But I also bet they are flooded with fake paperwork and receipts, as a lot of places in the Philippine suse hand written receipts that can easily be forged and made to look as if you bought something you did not. It is not all clear what is really happening with the funds but what is clear is they are not using them for thier intended purposes.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
That is happening all over the world IMO, all sort of hidden interests exist, one hand helps the other and that's the way the world goes, filled with corruption.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
That is happening all over the world IMO, all sort of hidden interests exist, one hand helps the other and that's the way the world goes, filled with corruption.
Yes things like this do happen, even in america they steal from peter to pay paul. However Not Even USA takes from programs such as finances for the defense of their country and puts the money in their pocket or directly pays the terrorist groups. USA doesn't take any funds and put it directly in their pocket they can't they have to come up with more creative ways to take funds from a program to benefit their own pockets. Like alter something to make themselves tax exempt or things along those lines. But mostly USA is taking funds from another program to add to the funds in the defense budget.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
All this corruption apparently puts the Philippines really at risk for losing their membership from the United Nations. Their corruption has gone way too far since their independence. Sadly, they are still not free.

hijin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is just sick. So sick. Did this incident just show us that the rich can still buy justice even inside the cell? They're living a very good life, unlike their poor counterparts in the Bilibid prison. This is an insult to the Justice system. It is good that this serious business is busted and known to the public. Otherwise, these rich prisoners would only take advantage and even buy their way out to freedom.

Can you imagine that a prisoner had even conducted concerts inside and had sold his song on iTunes? Oh, pathetic! Now that they're busted, so long, happy days! I hope their hotel-like days in Bilibid will be over once and for all.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Yes things like this do happen, even in america they steal from peter to pay paul. However Not Even USA takes from programs such as finances for the defense of their country and puts the money in their pocket or directly pays the terrorist groups. USA doesn't take any funds and put it directly in their pocket they can't they have to come up with more creative ways to take funds from a program to benefit their own pockets. Like alter something to make themselves tax exempt or things along those lines. But mostly USA is taking funds from another program to add to the funds in the defense budget.

Yeah, I can agree that it's a scary situation and that in some countries the situation is hectic. I recall the massacre of 42 students in Mexico recently made by the police, very sad story...

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This is just sick. So sick. Did this incident just show us that the rich can still buy justice even inside the cell? They're living a very good life, unlike their poor counterparts in the Bilibid prison. This is an insult to the Justice system. It is good that this serious business is busted and known to the public. Otherwise, these rich prisoners would only take advantage and even buy their way out to freedom.

Can you imagine that a prisoner had even conducted concerts inside and had sold his song on iTunes? Oh, pathetic! Now that they're busted, so long, happy days! I hope their hotel-like days in Bilibid will be over once and for all.

Right? I even heard that they produced a professional music video in there! What kind of mockery is that to the judicial system itself. Such a disgrace.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Yeah, mockery and disgrace are the right words, I guess that having the pockets full is enough for the criminal system in the Philippines...

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, mockery and disgrace are the right words, I guess that having the pockets full is enough for the criminal system in the Philippines...

Is there any update on what their President or anyone in real authority doing about this? I mean what punishment aside from their supposedly punishment are they about to get from this? It's ridiculous.

hijin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Right? I even heard that they produced a professional music video in there! What kind of mockery is that to the judicial system itself. Such a disgrace.

I know, right? You quoted right. This kind of system is a mockery and a disgrace. People are crying foul because ordinary prisoners are jailed without any caprices, while these rich guys dared to bring their good life from the outside to the inside of the cell.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Is there any update on what their President or anyone in real authority doing about this? I mean what punishment aside from their supposedly punishment are they about to get from this? It's ridiculous.

Well, I don't think there are any updates on this matter simply because it's an installed system that doesn't change overnight. Most countries don't think that they are much better than this, because we aren't.

Bread

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Davao is well managed thanks to their Mayor, something that the rest of the Philippines isn't so lucky to have. I honestly hope he'd run for a seat with Sen. Defensor, but back to the topic. As previously stated, it's true and I can vouch for it. Traffic violations here can be easily paid for with 20 Pesos or a little over than $.50, no tickets, no arrests, nothing. The traffic enforcer may even call you "Sir" and thank you for it.

Even getting a job in a public company (hospitals, offices, etc.) is just a phone call away. I've seen nurses who have unintentionally killed patients and were protected by a hospital simply because they were a friend of some higher ups and they want to protect the hospital's name. Court? pay someone the right amount and evidence can disappear in the blink of an eye. It's honestly not even expensive. A person's life here can cost as little as a pack of cigarettes.

Those items getting into such a well known prison isn't really such a surprising thing. Those drug lords probably have more than a dozen police officers in their pockets. Not so unthinkable in a country where you don't even have to open your mouth, you just have to open your wallet.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
From the description that you are making Bread, that could be happening in almost every country in the world because corruption is widely generalized, not as bad as in this case I concede.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I mean the Philippines is not rich country but officials won't pass on any chance to earn a little on the side from thieving. Every time a Filipino hears the word "corruption", the first thing that pops into mind is the amount of 10 billion pesos. And apparently people involved were mostly high profiled politicians that include senators.

> CAST OF CHARACTERS IN PORK BARREL SCAM <

So these corrupt people in a lawless prison facility... sounds more like vacation for them.