Russia is developing a new attack aircraft to compete with F-16 | World Defense

Russia is developing a new attack aircraft to compete with F-16

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Yakovlev Design Bureau recently began work on an attack aircraft based on the Yak-130, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing news agency politros.

According to the company sources the new attack aircraft will seriously compete with the improved American F-16. In terms of a number of characteristics, the new aircraft surpasses its American counterpart, as it weighs half as much and costs 3.5 times less.

In addition, the aircraft is easy to maintain. Accorditng to the Russians the easy maintenance is the main reason why the Americans are trying to discredit the Russian aircraft in order not to lose their contracts for the supply of their aircraft to other countries.

The Russian training aircraft Yak-130, despite its venerable age, was faced with attacks from the Western press. Created in the mid-1980s, the aircraft allows you to simulate the piloting of most modern fighters.

The Yak-130 was created as part of a collaboration with the Italian concern Alenia Aermacchi. After the termination of cooperation in Italy appeared M-346. In Russia, OKB them. Yakovleva completed the Yak-130.

The control system of this aircraft allows you to simulate the piloting of even modern foreign fighters, including Rafale, Eurofighter or F-35

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
It will unique fighter with twin engine in lightweight fighter category with low purchase cost and flyaway cost
What do you guys think, twin engines, I don't think customers will want that. i understand when this plane was conceived engines were not as reliable, but today I don't think customers will want to service 2 engines on a light attack aircraft

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
What do you guys think, twin engines, I don't think customers will want that. i understand when this plane was conceived engines were not as reliable, but today I don't think customers will want to service 2 engines on a light attack aircraft
Thay already have multiple order of its trainer version, even fee order of its early fighter version with basic configuration. now due this thay have decided to develop its proper fighter version and advance congratulations

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Yea, I just don't see how a subsonic plane with a nose that small ever competes with the F16

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
still subsonic, I think it's all just advertising, they throw the F16 out there to try to get attention

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
still subsonic, I think it's all just advertising, they throw the F16 out there to try to get attention
Possible, may be not up to mark still if done in actual client which cant afford f16 or mog 35