Russia Ups The Ante | Page 3 | World Defense

Russia Ups The Ante

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Weapons is a draw back, yes, I have no love of an advancement of weapons.... but the benefits outweigh the cost in this matter. Cures for cancers and other diseases that we do not current have will suddenly take a giant leap, new innovations to end hunger and poverty will drop out of the sky all of a sudden, advancements in both oceanography and space travel will soar. Families that are struggling to feed themselves would finally have the opportunity to better their lifestyle because of better job opportunities.... the opportunities are endless. A cold war allows our governments to ruffle their feathers and squawk about release all their frustration and such while they try to show one another up. Without one, the frustration builds until everything blows up and we suddenly have ourselves an all out war that is destructive and not constructive.

I don't know how after everything that happened Putin is forcing the situation, from where I stand the man has to suffer from dementia, because nothing of this makes sense.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Politics and war never do. That is both the beauty and horror of it. Putin is acting in what he THINKS is the right course, but he does seem a bit scattered in his attempts. I think he is hoping he can be the David to the US Goliath and just tries to challenge us at every turn with no reasoning behind it expect to make the challenge.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I was just reading today claims that say that Putin suffers from Asperger's syndrome, according to the Pentagon, so I am wondering how the Pentagon has access to this information?... Or is this just propaganda?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Probably propaganda.... I don't think he has Aspergers, but you never know. It really doesn't matter in the end... he is running Russia and upsetting the apple cart. If he keeps going....

The Ukraine is a major deal and he is really overstepping his boundaries... the US wants to help the Ukraine but the UN wont let us. I guess for a good reason.... if Russia and US go head to head it could get ugly. But it sucks having to sit back and watch those poor people having to go through this and not being able to do a thing about it.

Cmok

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I was just reading today claims that say that Putin suffers from Asperger's syndrome, according to the Pentagon, so I am wondering how the Pentagon has access to this information?... Or is this just propaganda?

Russia pulls an ace out of it's sleeve. It seems that dear old Barrack is actually a lizard from outer space. Well at least the Russians have a better sense of humor than their US counterparts.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
ROTF.... I haven't heard that one yet. Its all propaganda nothing more. Every country uses it as a means to rally the citizens to their cause, nothing more. I hear lies about the US's agendas all the time from other countries, just as our country tells lies about them. In the end, we just have to look past the propaganda and seek the truth for ourselves. One way to do that is forums like this where you can see the views of one another and hash it out, in a friendly manner of course (nothing but love for you all regardless of the heated debates we have all been having. I am loving every minute of it. You guys are AMAZING).

Russia is going to spread as many lies and half truths as they can to make the US and other countries like the UK who are against their agenda to rally other countries to their side. Just as the UK and US are going to do the same. Back to the school yard guys... that is all it is.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
No, the President does NOT run the US. He cause all kinds of havoc... but he does not run it. The Congress who is powered by the people runs the country.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
OK, now you got me, I was just mocking that picture... :) Either cases, that is a big truth, the part of the US president in the way your country is ruled is a little confusing to me.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
OK, now you got me, I was just mocking that picture... :) Either cases, that is a big truth, the part of the US president in the way your country is ruled is a little confusing to me.

Its all good. I think all the US bashing in here is actually starting to get to me. LOL I don't typically get offended by it, but most of the accusations are based on half information and that does irk me. It is not anyone's fault.... I just have no clue how to correct it and get them to understand that what they know is not the whole truth, the whole truth would change their perspective. :&&:

The President does have the power to exact executive power, but he answers to congress who answers to the people. The President we have now has been overstepping his executive power ability and using it to no end. Even to the point of shutting down our government for a week. However, if our people (50 + 1) were to tell our government to vacate... they have to leave. It is not as easy as I made it sound, but that is the jest of it. Most of our people have just forgotten that little piece of information or Obama and half of Congress would already be hitting the road.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Russia is just playing games. They're good with that. They're not trying to threaten the West, I think they're too vulnerable to start anything. They just want to "show off" arrogantly.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Its all good. I think all the US bashing in here is actually starting to get to me. LOL I don't typically get offended by it, but most of the accusations are based on half information and that does irk me. It is not anyone's fault.... I just have no clue how to correct it and get them to understand that what they know is not the whole truth, the whole truth would change their perspective. :&&:

The President does have the power to exact executive power, but he answers to congress who answers to the people. The President we have now has been overstepping his executive power ability and using it to no end. Even to the point of shutting down our government for a week. However, if our people (50 + 1) were to tell our government to vacate... they have to leave. It is not as easy as I made it sound, but that is the jest of it. Most of our people have just forgotten that little piece of information or Obama and half of Congress would already be hitting the road.

The fact is that the President should have more power or you don't agree with this? Everything seems to be up to the Congress.

As for Russia dyan, I am not sure if this is just games, but at the same time no one is interested in more wars.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I do not agree with that. The President having to much power creates a "imperial" President. I for one like that fact that we have our checks and balances. It leaves it harder for a single person to corrupt things. To give the President more power would mean opening the door for our country to be ruled by another Hitler, Kim Jong, or any other imperial leader you can think of. With our system.... in the end it is suppose to be the PEOPLE who have the power not the government. Somewhere along the line our people forgot that or got too lazy to care.

Charity

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I think Putin is a lot stronger than what people give him credit for. If he wanted to make a statement he will. It is just how does he make the statement is the question.