Saudi & Turkish War Against Terrorism in Syria

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
How many squadrons have been deployed?

They have about 18,000 troops on their side of border. Right now Kurds are clashing with FSA in Tel Rifaat, which is south of Azaz. Meanwhile Turkey is still sending some shells their way. It's on and off though, not heavy fire. Residents in Turkey are saying Turkey sent more tanks to two Turkish towns close to the border just less than 30 minutes ago.

Assad allies/forces are mainly targeting a turkmen city in Latakia and doing offensive there. Which is probably upsetting Turkey. Which is why Turkey admitted yesterday it fired some shells on SAA positions.

Qatar said today that it will provide troops for anti-ISIS ground invasion. Over the night, Turkey will keep shelling slightly. If YPG manages to takeover Azaz which is currently controlled by FSA, expect Turkey to do air strikes/tank shelling if not small number of troops.

The Daily Rapid ‏@dailyrapid 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING NOW -- Reports of tanks and armored vehicles entering into Northern #Syria

Probably isn't true. If true, Russia doesn't mind. Turkey will probably start with Azaz. Build up a base there then maybe have it used for any future anti-ISIS operations or something.

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
whoa what did I tell you guys way before. Assad, Iran and Russia think they can go away with the slaughtering of the Syrian people although the intervention is a bit too late in my opinion but hey something is better than nothing. The U.S is in a blunder right now and don't know what to do. They think they can create a Kurdish state in the backyard of Turkey and hand power to the kurdish with no regard to the people who have been under fire for almost 5 years now and that the plan would be carried out successfully, sorry find another one.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
whoa what did I tell you guys way before. Assad, Iran and Russia think they can go away with the slaughtering of the Syrian people although the intervention is a bit too late in my opinion but hey something is better than nothing. The U.S is in a blunder right now and don't know what to do. They think they can create a Kurdish state in the backyard of Turkey and hand power to the kurdish with no regard to the people who have been under fire for almost 5 years now and that the plan would be carried out successfully, sorry find another one.

There's no intervention yet. CNN recently interview Syrian Army soldiers near Palmyra. Everyone knows CNN is consider US state media and is close to the government. This means that the US is sending a message that it seeks to disengage or finds the effort against ISIS more important than anything else. I don't believe any Arab nations will act in Syria. Aleppo will eventually go to the government. That will means rebels strongest presence will be in Idlib. Rest of Syria will be shared between ISIS and Kurds. So no one knows what to expect.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
There's no intervention yet. CNN recently interview Syrian Army soldiers near Palmyra. Everyone knows CNN is consider US state media and is close to the government. This means that the US is sending a message that it seeks to disengage or finds the effort against ISIS more important than anything else. I don't believe any Arab nations will act in Syria. Aleppo will eventually go to the government. That will means rebels strongest presence will be in Idlib. Rest of Syria will be shared between ISIS and Kurds. So no one knows what to expect.

I saw CNN interview near Palmyra,and what I saw is (mostly) Russian army gears and Russian soldiers.....
-
Tal Rifaat fell in YPG's hands. Next Azaz?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I saw CNN interview near Palmyra,and what I saw is (mostly) Russian army gears and Russian soldiers.....
-
Tal Rifaat fell in YPG's hands. Next Azaz?

Those are no Russians, it's Hezbollah and IRGC and in some cases SAA soldiers.

What Kobane meant for ISIS will be what Azaz would mean for Kurds if they make an attempt on it. So I don't see them going after it. They will likely go east depending on arrangements with Assad allied forces there. There's no worth to Azaz for the Kurds, unless they think it's worth it to deal a symbolic blow to Turkey.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
YPG attacked a Turkish military post near the border with Syria, large explosions heard, currently exchange of gun fire between Kurdish militants and Turkish troops:

Rami ‏@RamiAlLolah 7m7 minutes ago
#PKK reportedly attacked a #Turkey army position in #Nusaybin near #Syria|n borders followed by fierce clashes..

CbXXLO6W0AEqKi_.jpg

CbXXLXIXIAEO8KJ.jpg

Edit:

I believe this is in Turkey and not Syria

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
This seems likely to be one big comedy of errors. Once again we see the typical type of Arab response. They have been at each other's throats for ages. They may form unholy alliances in order to defeat a common foe then turn around being enemies once more. It's very difficult to ascertain the motive behind many of their decisions. The situation in that region is almost similar to quicksilver; very difficult to predict. We will have to just wait to see how this proposal pans out.