Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Army kills infiltrators on Syria border
by JT | Feb 24, 2015 | 22:40

AMMAN — The Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army (JAF) on Tuesday night destroyed a truck that illegally crossed into Jordan, killing two armed men who were onboard, according to a JAF official.

The two attempted to cross the border at 6:30pm at high speed, and JAF personnel fired warning shots to stop them, but they did not respond and illegally drove into Jordanian territory, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported, quoting the official.

No further details were available.
Army kills infiltrators on Syria border | The Jordan Times

Assad thugs?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Al-Qaida (sorry miss print on title, though ISIS and Al-Qiada are the same thing in my eyes) is on the move, attacking the Syrian bases.

ABC News said:
The fighting took place near the town of Atarib some 30 kilometers (18 miles) west of Aleppo, and pitted the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front against the mainstream Hazm Movement, which has received support from the United States.

How long do you think Al-Qaida can hold out before we whoop their butts?

Activists Say Al-Qaida Fighters Overrun Syrian Rebel Bases

Coltodor

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Al-Qaeda usually just do a terrorist attack somewhere instead of taking something over. Obviously Al-Qaeda feel like they should compete with ISIS. ISIS is getting all the attention and seem to have a better track record so Al-Qaeda feel like they should one up them.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Just when we all thought we were fighting one enemy in Syria, Al Qaeda now joins them. Another disturbing fact is some rebels have been changing sides. This further complicates matters because should any of the warring factions be supplied with weapons and they decide to fight alongside the enemy . . .

Following this latest development, the unrest in Syria, I believe will last ages.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I think a lot of terrorist groups are going to start surfacing soon. One thing that worries me though is them merging together. We are OK as long as they are still separate from one another, but the minute they team up.... we are going to have a rough time of it. And when I saw "we" I mean the whole world.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Should a charismatic terrorist leader step on the scene there is a possibility that he might unite the terrorist groups and wage what the N. Koreans might call a "merciless war" to establish a Caliphate. But should the terrorist believe that outsiders are trying to interfere with their affairs viz. establishing a Caliphate then the disparate groups could unite to fight off the "infidels" then choose to either work together are continue fighting each other. This is what ISIS was seeking when they slaughtered Westerners to draw their nations in to fight them and in time they'd make it appear like it was a war against Islam and guess what would follow?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
#US coalition drone strike kills Nusra Front military commander in Aleppo

People are falsely claiming this was Syrian air force. Syria doesn't have intelligence nor capabilities for such strike. And now US is denying it was behind it. Try to see through the lies.

@Scorpion @Legend

This is who you're relying on. People that signficisntly weaken Syrian opposition. Hopefully Salman is serious about preparing ties between Sunni states and movements and develops joint coalition between them. Although Egypt(Under Sisi) doesn't want that. He even invited Houthi delegation two days ago. Al Arabiya needs to stop propaganda against Hamas and stop airing Netanyahu speech in US congress. That makes people believe Iranian narrative that Arab states are close to Israel. I never get why Arab states try to appease Israel so much by spreading propaganda about Israels enemies or why they insist on cooperating with Israel against Iran. that's stupid, backwards and helps Iranian narrative.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
#US coalition drone strike kills Nusra Front military commander in Aleppo

People are falsely claiming this was Syrian air force. Syria doesn't have intelligence nor capabilities for such strike. And now US is denying it was behind it. Try to see through the lies.

@Scorpion @Legend

This is who you're relying on. People that signficisntly weaken Syrian opposition. Hopefully Salman is serious about preparing ties between Sunni states and movements and develops joint coalition between them. Although Egypt(Under Sisi) doesn't want that. He even invited Houthi delegation two days ago. Al Arabiya needs to stop propaganda against Hamas and stop airing Netanyahu speech in US congress. That makes people believe Iranian narrative that Arab states are close to Israel. I never get why Arab states try to appease Israel so much by spreading propaganda about Israels enemies or why they insist on cooperating with Israel against Iran. that's stupid, backwards and helps Iranian narrative.

I haven't followed the news lately but things are changing rapidly. There is something cooking with the latest meeting of King Salman, Turkey, Pakistan and Egypt and before that Jordan. We will have to wait a few days to get the full picture of the outcome of these meetings.

Last edited:

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Should a charismatic terrorist leader step on the scene there is a possibility that he might unite the terrorist groups and wage what the N. Koreans might call a "merciless war" to establish a Caliphate. But should the terrorist believe that outsiders are trying to interfere with their affairs viz. establishing a Caliphate then the disparate groups could unite to fight off the "infidels" then choose to either work together are continue fighting each other. This is what ISIS was seeking when they slaughtered Westerners to draw their nations in to fight them and in time they'd make it appear like it was a war against Islam and guess what would follow?

There is always a possibility of that happening. I mean look at Hitler. He comes along and created hell on Earth in a very short time. I think, though, because of Hitler, nations will be more cautious then they were before and most likely eliminate the problem before it starts if another charismatic leader pops up again.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Insides of a barrel bomb dropped on Idlib Syria today by the Syrian Army

B_cQMgbUcAIyPZY.jpg

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I've heard it said that there's a Prophecy or belief [I'm not sure which] that there'll be a leader who'll unite all Muslims. Before that time, I'm sure there'll be a few [religious leaders] who driven on by selfish interests might deceive some Muslims to rally behind them promising the establishment of the Caliphate prophesied.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Question is, would that be a good thing or a bad thing. I think that prophecy correlates with the Christians belief in the second coming of Jesus. I am unsure if it is or not, I have not fully read the Muslim beliefs and prophecies, but in essence the Muslim religious faith is another denomination of the Christian faith. The only exception is that they believe strongly that theirs is the only correct belief. The Christian belief is corrupt and incorrect. Their bible is the only unaltered version of Gods word. Who is to say who is right or who is wrong, but the one thing that is evident is that they are still in the wrong either way. Their senseless killing of innocents and violent means to "convert" others to their beliefs. They have waged a holy war that is anything but holy.

Where will it all end. I posted a video about a little old Muslim lady that was telling some guys from ISIS that what they are doing is wrong and it is not the will of God. That is was not of God anything they were doing and she was pleading with them to see the error and find their way back to God. They were laughing at her in the video, but they spoke to her with some margin of respect. I hope that her words may have reached even one of those men.